What Ships can dock on a TL

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trev4elvis
x3tc

What Ships can dock on a TL

Post by Trev4elvis » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 10:47

Sorry if answer is somewhere else but couldn't find it, what ships can dock on a TL Elephant

Thx

Feersum
x3tc

Post by Feersum » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 10:53

You can dock only fighters - M5, M4, M3.
Not sure about M8, never tried it.
Comin' in on a wing and a prayer
Though there's one motor gone
We can still carry on

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 10:55

If we're talking about any of the X3 games, then ships of the classes M5, M4 and M3 can dock to any TL-class ship. In X2 also TS ships can dock to TLs.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Trev4elvis
x3tc

Post by Trev4elvis » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 12:07

X2-Illuminatus wrote:If we're talking about any of the X3 games, then ships of the classes M5, M4 and M3 can dock to any TL-class ship. In X2 also TS ships can dock to TLs.
Thx, was getting mixed up with X2, Guess I need to change my strategy for flying around in TL and use to transport stations only, pity.

Feersum
x3tc

Post by Feersum » Wed, 6. Jan 16, 12:14

You can still dock 14 ships in it, and Falcon Haulers can carry XL cargo.
Though there's one motor gone
We can still carry on

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 7. Jan 16, 20:26

Trev4elvis wrote:
X2-Illuminatus wrote:If we're talking about any of the X3 games, then ships of the classes M5, M4 and M3 can dock to any TL-class ship. In X2 also TS ships can dock to TLs.
Thx, was getting mixed up with X2, Guess I need to change my strategy for flying around in TL and use to transport stations only, pity.
I fly around in a TL sometimes. Put transporter device on so you can shift the cargo to and from the transports. They make deliveries and pick up goods while I fly across the sector and then they follow me through the gate to the next sector. A "merchant caravan" operation like this is something I find fun, and it can make a bit of coin.

Plus, with a mineral scanner and collector you can scoop up rocks as you pass through, which helps tidy up some of those rock choked sectors. Just keep the speed down and don't hit any genuine full size asteroids.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 7. Jan 16, 20:56

Trev4elvis wrote:...Guess I need to change my strategy for flying around in TL and use to transport stations only, pity.
The Elephant actually makes a good pocket carrier, despite it's low shielding. As with any carrier, you don't want to fly it into the thick of battle, that's what fighters are for. Load it up with missiles and you can kill hostiles before they get close. Stick some heavy fighters and drones onboard for defense or even attack.

Then as Tim suggests, have a TS or two follow along, in case of combat you can have them dock at any station.

If you really had your heart set on docking TS and M8 to TLs, there is a script in the S&M forum for that. I found it a little clumsy so I stopped using it.

If you are in AP, the Boron Guppy will dock a TS/TP along with 11 fighters. I believe the Paranid Ariadne will dock a TS/TP as well.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 7. Jan 16, 21:39

TL is actually a fairly nice ship to fly around. As long as you keep it out of combat, they're exceptional at just about anything else you'd want. I flew them almost exclusively in Reunion. Of course that's back when you could kill a Kha'ak M2 with an Elephant.

Even in TC, they're handy to have around. I use them when I go pirating. Park it some distance above the center of the sector, then go hunting. Any captures get sent up to the TL. Then they unload goods and head for a shipyard. That way I only lose the hulls if something happens on the trip.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 07:20

Try using a docking computer to dock an express hauler (TP class) on an Argon Mammoth TL. Found it by accident one day. Got quite a surprise! Very handy when doing various type of missions including build. Haven't tried TS.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”