(TC) Shipyard in Kingdom End Dead

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tymi
xr

(TC) Shipyard in Kingdom End Dead

Post by Tymi » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 15:42

I've never seen a shipyard that's been killed before so don't know if it's normal.

Poisoned Paranid start, approx 4hrs in I arrive in Kingdom End and the shipyard is greyed out like debris, doesn't show up on the sector map, isn't selectable. Is this usual? Will it re-spawn?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as the FBI sniper shot Kanga.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 15:55

Yes, all Trading Stations, Equipment Docks, Military Outposts and Shipyards (and all Xenon, Kha'ak and Terran equivalents) will respawn in place eventually. Anarchy Ports will respawn more or less in place, but Pirate Bases will respawn somewhere else, although usually in a sector not too far away.

It may take a while for the station wreckage to disappear and then later the Shipyard will respawn.

In passing, some plot-related stations are invulnerable and cannot be taken down below about 93% hull.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Re: (TC) Shipyard in Kingdom End Dead

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 21:03

Tymi wrote:Poisoned Paranid start, approx 4hrs in I arrive in Kingdom End and the shipyard is greyed out like debris
4 hours!? I wonder who did that, KE is usually such a safe sector and that's very early on for a Split invasion, although, the Kha'ak can spawn just about anywhere early on in TC with M1s and M2s.
Alan Phipps wrote:In passing, some plot-related stations are invulnerable and cannot be taken down below about 93% hull.
In my current AP game there are 2 pirate sectors in the southern end of the map with a pirate-owned factory in each that are under continual attack from one CW race or another with M1/2/7s and their hulls not dropping below 92%. They're not plot related but their existence and invulnerability provide a steady source of boarding targets and because they're in pirate sectors rep loss is minimised. Once boarded it doesn't take long for another race to send some ships to "destroy" the stations.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 21:19

There was a problem with one of the new generic missions of X3AP Update 3.0, which would make stations indestructible too. Update 3.1 should have fixed that bug, but there's a chance the fix didn't catch all affected stations.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Timsup2nothin

Re: (TC) Shipyard in Kingdom End Dead

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 21:54

MarvinTheMartian wrote:
Tymi wrote:Poisoned Paranid start, approx 4hrs in I arrive in Kingdom End and the shipyard is greyed out like debris
4 hours!? I wonder who did that, KE is usually such a safe sector and that's very early on for a Split invasion, although, the Kha'ak can spawn just about anywhere early on in TC with M1s and M2s.
My money is on the Kha'ak invasion. They would be able to destroy the shipyard, and in Kingdom End they would have been eliminated in fairly short order after.

And Tymi, that means that the Kha'ak invasion either already has respawned or it is going to, so keep an eye open. I always prefer that the invasion happens in some out of the way border sector where it will take a good long time for the race to get around to destroying it, because once it is destroyed it may just respawn right in the middle of something I have going on.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 8. Jan 16, 23:15

Alan Phipps wrote:It may take a while for the station wreckage to disappear and then later the Shipyard will respawn.
The respawn takes 2 IG-days. IMO that is a veeeeery long time when you have just recently started a new game (it seems much shorter in later-game when you have a lot to do simultanously).
You might consider to start again - depending on your plans with the Poisened Paranid start.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 9. Jan 16, 00:22

zazie wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:It may take a while for the station wreckage to disappear and then later the Shipyard will respawn.
The respawn takes 2 IG-days. IMO that is a veeeeery long time when you have just recently started a new game (it seems much shorter in later-game when you have a lot to do simultanously).
You might consider to start again - depending on your plans with the Poisened Paranid start.
I can't think of anything the Kingdom End shipyard might do for me that I can't do without for two game days. ANY two game days...

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 10:24

Had this problem when Kha'ak decided to level the KE sector. Boron forces were a few M7 ships vs M2 Kha'ak ships. Naturally it didn't go well for the Boron. However, the Kha'ak just left after a few hours, they left some stations "alive". The rest (well some of it) got rebuild after a while, so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 19:21

MrFiction wrote:...
Are you sure the Kha'ak "just left?" I've always thought the Kha'ak invasion script put them in and then went dormant until they were destroyed, then put them in somewhere else. It may have taken the Boron a long time to get the forces over there to deal with it, but I would expect that they did eventually.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 20:18

Timsup2nothin wrote:...
Yeah, this might be what happened. I saw the Kha'ak invasion and decided to leave KE alone for a while. During that time (about 1 ingame day) the Boron might have sent a military fleet, but I wasn't there to witness.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 21:12

MrFiction wrote:...
That's generally what happens in core sectors. If the Kha'ak invasion lands on a border sector it will frequently stay there until you do something about it yourself.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”