Bugs(?), and issues of dissatisfaction

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Haro

Bugs(?), and issues of dissatisfaction

Post by Haro » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 04:55

I discovered an issue in the game that was really odd.
If you go to the zone 'Sturdy Crusader', you will encounter some sort of either electrical activity or something of that nature, wherein the faster you move, the more damage you take.

Ok, fine. Now here is the rub:
Shops are continually flying into that zone, Almost one per second at times, and getting destroyed as they enter. This has to be a bug, as it is really stupid.
The area gets so littered with wreckage, that the game begins to slow down considerably. Also, you can sit there and collect cargo containers as long as the game can continue to run.
Its really stupid. I sat there and collected millions and millions. The game now holds no challenge for me.

Other issue:
I have an issue with control latency. About a .5 second latency where my joystick movement doesn’t register

Lastly:
The Lockers, cases and trunks are beyond dumb, as you can rob the stations right in front of armed security, and under roving CCTV cameras. Dumb.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 09:27

The placement of that hazardous zone has been reported before.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

Haro

Post by Haro » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 14:01

Terre wrote:The placement of that hazardous zone has been reported before.
The placement?
Where they put the zone is fine. The AI driving hundreds upon hundreds of ships into it is the issue.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 14:25

"Hazard zone" is just the name given to the fields of those damaging, glowing rock. The use of the word "zone" in this context doesn't refer to the map format.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 14. Jan 16, 19:16

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:"Hazard zone" is just the name given to the fields of those damaging, glowing rock. The use of the word "zone" in this context doesn't refer to the map format.
I should have said hazardous region or area, as not to confuse is issue.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 48#4475948
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Thu, 28. Jan 16, 22:31

I've had a similar issue in DeVier in my buggy playthrough. Disabled most of the game changing mods since then, reinstalled the game and started from scratch. The problem was that enemy ships kept coming through the gate and freezing, Centaran fighters killed hundreds of them, to the point that exit was so crammed with corpses of the ships that other ships as soon as exited would just freeze as well. That was crazy, not sure if this happens in this new playthrough, but it was as amusing as silly. I just used autolooter every time I passed through and pulled in hundreds of containers...
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”