Capital ships won't jump

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

Capital ships won't jump

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 02:43

One of my M2 on several occasions won't jump in combat.

info:
cmd: jump and fly to
<MY HEADQUARTERS>
action:
jumping...

I issued the jump when it had full shield (charging toward a valhalla) and it stayed there for more than 1 min, until the valhalla blasted it to 80% hull and THEN it jumped.

It had enough Ecells, the station it jumped to had free docking bays, nothing was at the gate of the sector it jumped to. I understand capitals "queued up" when you tell them to jump to the same place, but that wasn't the case here.

Good thing ap is not like rebirth where you hire captains. Otherwise guess who's taking a bullet to the head tonight.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 02:48

The "jump and fly to..." command uses the gate approach control queue. So your ship is basically getting in line and waiting for an "all clear" from the gate. For a capital ship that may take a while. To get out fast you have to use the manual "jump" command, which involves being on the ship yourself...and risking whatever you are going to run over in the gate.

I recommend identifying a sector with a very low traffic gate and having your ship jump out to there. Then give it the jump and fly to... order when time is not critical.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Re: Capital ships won't jump

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 02:52

fireanddream wrote:nothing was at the gate of the sector it jumped to. I understand capitals "queued up" when you tell them to jump to the same place, but that wasn't the case here.
I think you notice it more when you're sending multiple cap ships of your own to the same gate but it's possible it was still queuing up behind non-capitals to get through the gate.
Not sure if it's possible that the fact the M2 was taking fire might have been stalling the jump sequence while it "responded" to that, AI ships like to be stationary when they jump so if it was taking evasive/offensive manoeuvres that could have slowed the jump sequence

Edit: IF you're playing AP then get yourself a Jump Beacon, no queuing there! :)
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 05:23

If you're playing AP, there are already a number of jump beacons deployed you can jump to with no queue involved.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”