Modded jobs and tships now all my spaceflies are ufo's plz help

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ravayen
x4

Modded jobs and tships now all my spaceflies are ufo's plz help

Post by ravayen » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 23:32

Just as the title says really and im not exactly sure what happened all my edits were working fine before adding trade jobs to yaki faction in jobs file,
Gave them some ts class vessels copy/pasted from other factions using x3 editor 2.
The problem arouse when i did the same for goners now all of a sudden on a new game start my adv sats are arrows my spaceflies are ufo's and a few other anomalies and for the life of me i cant see why.

if a friendly modder could help or if someone has bizzarely had this happen before you would be saving my game lol.

I will admit seeing a swarm of mini ufo's flying around was kind of cute/amusing though haha

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 02:43

never ever add a ship into the middle of the tships, the game only remembers the position of objects in their files, (they are only numbers) and if you change these you get the wrong objects with the old position.

How to fix:
Undo everything you did inside the Tships
Redo it but be careful and always add new ships to the end of the file.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 04:38

im using x3 editor 2 to make the edits and all other entries have not caused this bug so far so im pretty sure that is not my problem here but thnx for the reply,
im beginning to think the problem lies in the jobs file but i cnt see it lol

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 05:45

Like, ubuntufreakgragon said, this is 100% the fault of tship. When you edit tShip, and if you are adding new ships, always, ALWAYS use "paste to the end". Each ship has its own unique ID that the game refers to. If you paste a ship data into the middle of the list, the editor will auto correct all the other ships that has an ID below your new ship. And when the game wanna pull a boron TL with an ID of 130, now that ship has 131 as ID. But the game will still pull whatever ship is at ID 130, which now isn't a boron TL.

Delete all the new ships you've added in tship, and see whether it will fix. If everything is in order, go back to tship and add the ship you want to the end of the list.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 12:25

ravayen wrote:im using x3 editor 2 to make the edits and all other entries have not caused this bug so far so im pretty sure that is not my problem here but thnx for the reply,
The problem is that certain special objects are hardcoded to thier positions within the TShips file.

so if you add and item before one of these, it'll shift all the other entries after it down, so the game ends up picking up the entry before.

it probably didn't happen previously because the other entries you added were after these special ones, which may cause other problems as well. Always add new entries to the end of the file

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 16:52

Thank you guys after reading your replies and reviewing what i had done it was caused by the fact tht i pasted one of the ships but not pasted to end.
I guess when using a powerful tool like x3 editor you can sometimes "assume" the paste option will automatically adjust the file properly for you, diligence is a wonderful thing lol.

If my previous response seemed dismissive it was unintended and im glad you guys are still around after all these years :) i guess rebirth was gd for something after all.....it brought us all back here haha

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sun, 31. Jan 16, 11:19

Cycrow wrote:
ravayen wrote:im using x3 editor 2 to make the edits and all other entries have not caused this bug so far so im pretty sure that is not my problem here but thnx for the reply,
The problem is that certain special objects are hardcoded to thier positions within the TShips file.

so if you add and item before one of these, it'll shift all the other entries after it down, so the game ends up picking up the entry before.

it probably didn't happen previously because the other entries you added were after these special ones, which may cause other problems as well. Always add new entries to the end of the file
Out of general curiosity... are there many like that and is there a list somewhere? I wanna try doing some extensive reorganizing of the TShips at some point and I'd rather not have spaceflies with Mammoth bodies flying around me. :P

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 01:36

Off the top of my head the ones I can remember are

Valhalla (hardcoded to not go through gates)
Spaceflies (for spawning)
Kha'ak Clusters (not 100% sure if it is but the mechanic that causes them to split apart would most likely be hardcoded somewhere)
Sirokos (for the increased marine capacity)

There are probably more but those are the ones I can think of right now.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 12:23

not sure if theres a list, dont remember seeing one, some go back to X2, so there might be a list in the X2/X3 forums.

Ships that are usually spawned by the engine only will be hardcoded.
anything you eject that turns from a ware to a ship will be included.

So things like satellites, laser towers, beacons and space suit.

as well as certain ships with special properties like the ones jack listed.

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 15:51

fighter drones and spacesuit i prob wld have guessed after cyrows reply but the valhalla?.....would have never got tht one in a quiz lol thnk god for experienced modders :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”