Confused with Supplying Factories ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

Confused with Supplying Factories ?

Post by Trevelvis » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 12:14

I have just built my first complex but have 2 stand alone mines in the sector to supply the Complex but can't work out what software I need to do this, I have looked at the CAG and CLS but they are so confusing . I have learning difficulties so I find it hard to understand things, so if you could explain as plainly as possible and it will be thankfully appreciated. I love playing X games but find it hard at times when my head struggles with the my complex things about them, THx

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 12:23

Best thing you can do: buy a tractor beam and drag your mines across the map.

Normally you want your mines INSIDE your complexes 'cause ore/silicon are such a pain in the ass to transport, even across the sector. If you insist, set up a CLS internal trader. For details ask Tim for that.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 16:19

You want a CLS pilot, which will have waypoints to pick up ore at your mines and drop it at your complex hub. That simple :)

But yes, most easy would be to find a tractor beam and drag the mines towards your complex and attach them to it.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 23:01

I'm not sure the tractor beam method is all that easy. You have to maneuver though existing asteroids and stations which can be a challenge in some sectors. It's also a major time sink.

A CLS2 ship will handle the ore transfer just fine.
Waypoint 1 (ore mine 1): load ore, max cargo space
Waypoint 2 (consuming station): unload ore, max cargo space
Waypoint 3 (ore mine 2): load ore, max cargo space
Waypoint 4 (consuming station): unload ore, max cargo space

Unless your complex include the needed food and energy production, you'll need to provide those also. Home base a TS to the complex, make sure it has the CLS1 and Navigation software, then give the complex 500k-1mil credits. Set up the CAG with a ware list to buy the food and energy cells, set the range, and let it do the rest.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 23:09

My complex has 2 Cattle Ranchs L, 2 Cahoona Bakeries L , SPP XL, 2 Crystal Fabs L, 3 Chip plants and 2 1mj shield plants and a 90 ore mine and a 61 silicon mine in sector.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 23:44

Ah, Antigone Memorial.

Change waypoints 3 and 4 to deal with the silicon instead of the ore (1 ore mine, 1 silicon mine). There are 2 90 ore asteroids and 2 61 silicon asteroids in that sector, and the ore asteroids are close enough together to make an ore complex, while the silicon asteroids are close enough to make a silicon complex. Something worth considering for future planning.

You aren't producing enough food. Add another cattle ranch L and bakery L. Not enough silicon either, add another L mine on that 2nd 61 yield asteroid. You'll be a bit short on crystals, but you're making so much energy that the shortage won't effect the overall production.

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sun, 31. Jan 16, 00:28

Another method..

If you only want to move one kind of ware from your mines to your complex, you can homebase your TS to the mine and give it "Sell ware.." command to make it sell minerals to your complex. just put -1 when asked for how many times you want this command to repeat. This trick uses 1 transport ship for every kind of wares you want to move..

This method is very useful if you only want to move a few wares and you dont want to train a new CLS pilot to do simple supply runs.

This trick requires credits injected to the "buying" station from time to time. Or you could do a neat trick of looping the cash flow between your complex and mines by going through the Administration settings found in "additional commands" of your stations.. I don't remember the step by step way of doing this but it is neat..

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 31. Jan 16, 03:41

Black_hole_suN wrote:This trick requires credits injected to the "buying" station from time to time. Or you could do a neat trick of looping the cash flow between your complex and mines by going through the Administration settings found in "additional commands" of your stations.. I don't remember the step by step way of doing this but it is neat..
Can you auto inject money to stations? I tried putting a negative number in auto transfer to player account but it became 0. It's so bizzare that my headquarters need to pay my CLS1 traders lol.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 31. Jan 16, 03:44

You don't have to buy your own wares. Go ahead and select the buy option, but then set the price manually to 0.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”