How many factories do I need ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

How many factories do I need ??

Post by Trevelvis » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 13:37

I built a Cattle Ranch L and a Cahoona Bakery L but my Cattle Ranch is always full. Is there a way to work out how many factories do you need for another factory. Thx

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 15:35

You need a L station to supply another L station. So you should be fine.

XL = 2 x L
L = 2.5 x M
M = 2 x S

S factories are end products such as microchips or missiles.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 16:30

I can think of a two reasons.
1. If the stations are not connected, the transporting ship might be too slow.
2. If they are connected, the E-Cell supply might be just ebough to run the Ranch cycle but not the Bakery cycle.

But as was posted one L station can sustain one L or 2.5 M ones. All production stations are S sized. So to easily check the ammount of stations to balance...

1L sustains 5S/2.5M/1L
1M sustains 2S/1M

I skip XL as those are Solar Power Plants and the ratio is a bit off to give an exact number.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 16:51

Here:
http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3tcocc.html
Lea Flamma wrote:I skip XL as those are Solar Power Plants and the ratio is a bit off to give an exact number.
Two crystal fabs can't support an XL solar power plant, so annoying there's always 2.51 crystals short per hour at 100% sun... An OCD killer I guess.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 17:30

fireanddream wrote:Here:
http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3tcocc.html
Lea Flamma wrote:I skip XL as those are Solar Power Plants and the ratio is a bit off to give an exact number.
Two crystal fabs can't support an XL solar power plant, so annoying there's always 2.51 crystals short per hour at 100% sun... An OCD killer I guess.
Yes, exactly what I ment. It's more time efficient to transporr crystals either way.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”