New player need help X Beyond The Frontier

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xfan82

New player need help X Beyond The Frontier

Post by xfan82 » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 19:57

Hi I have always been a fan of space games going back to x wing and wing commander and so far am having fun but could use some advice. So here is where I am at. I have paid off the Teladi captain, have upgraded my ship thusly, 50 cargo units, Seta device, and nav computer. I have explored through to the Greater profit system and understand trading fairly well but only have around 1500 credits. I know about building factories and the cargo ship you can hire but not really sure how the cargo ship thing works, does it help you earn more money to build the factory, etc... Could really use some advice on earning more money to progress. Again loving the game I have no idea how I've been doing this for 14 hours and am not bored lol. Still would like some advice.

xfan82

Post by xfan82 » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 20:31

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am loving this game but any advice on money making would be great. Any other gameplay advice for a noob would be sweet too. :? :lol:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 20:46

Please do not bump threads.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 20:56

In X-BTF you can only buy extra ships once you have a station. They belong to the station and keep it supplied, but you can't control them directly. Until you can afford a station, you will need to look for good, profitable trades, for example finding stations that are low on Energy Cells and bringing them supplies from Solar Power Plants that have lots in stock. You can also make money in other ways, such as running missions.

xfan82

Post by xfan82 » Sat, 30. Jan 16, 21:19

CBJ wrote:In X-BTF you can only buy extra ships once you have a station. They belong to the station and keep it supplied, but you can't control them directly. Until you can afford a station, you will need to look for good, profitable trades, for example finding stations that are low on Energy Cells and bringing them supplies from Solar Power Plants that have lots in stock. You can also make money in other ways, such as running missions.
Do you mean the main quests or side missions? I haven't explored very far could you tell me how to find missions? The ship I mentioned was the albetross I thought you had to hire him to buy your first station?

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sun, 31. Jan 16, 03:52

XBTF is a pretty basic game so you are really limited in what you can do best advice I can offer is keep trading till you have about 100,000 credits then fly to argon prime hire the TL and comm the captain and tell him to dock at the same station as you then dock at the ship yard

buy a wheat farm then fly to Atreus' Clouds comm the TL captain again and tell him you would like to drop the station then dock at your new station hire 2 cargo haulers to supply the station set buy ecells at 6 credits and set the wheat sell price at maximum then transfer 20,000 credits so your cargo haulers can buy ecells when they arrive from argon prime shipyard then go away and do something else for a little while when you come back you should find that the station has made about 200,000 credits the actually amount will very depending on how long you wait the longer you wait the more will be sitting for collection when you get back at which point rince and repeat with other stations in other sectors the boron for example need soja husk, the parnid need telardianium just fly around and see what the majority of stations are short on and then build a station to supply the short fall

you cant really make a living as a trader in XBTF till you upgrade your cargo hold to like 1000 tons but you need the cash to do that so its a catch 22 and even if you have police licences you wont really make money from killing things as you cant capture ships in XBTF so the only reliable way to make a living is via owning factories once you have a couple of factories going and you have upgraded your ship with 2 BHEPTs 2 25mw shields and the the various extension software packs then you can start upgrading your cargo bay engines and searing and you can make a good living as a trader but to start off with you wont really be able to since you can only carry like 25tons to start with and your ships is slower then most cargo haulers to begin with unless you are using the booster continually

oh also don't bother buying the GHEPTs you get given 3 of them for free at the end of the plot along with 2 125mw shields

hope that helps

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”