Never played X (TC) before

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

Never played X (TC) before

Post by Trevelvis » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 11:20

I am building up my factories and was wondering if its a good idea to build stuff in Terran space, if I build 1mj or Chip plant would there be NPCs to buy them, How safe are Terran sectors meaning if I do build do I need to supply defense measures, Thanks

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 12:19

Depends.

Terran stations are REALLY REALLY short of 1 mj shield, I had 36 1 mj shield fac at asteroid belt, never needed to assign traders, the whole complex was always docked with NPC ships. Terran sectors are also good for illegal stuff I heard.

But other than that, their stupid big sectors, stupid large stations and jump drive incompatibility will post you some unexpected problems. Besides, you should pretty much build in asteroid belt anyway unless you want your traders to travel all the way from AB.
Last edited by fireanddream on Mon, 1. Feb 16, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 12:38

I prefer to build in Heretic's End, if only because there's no risk of a task force if something happens to cheese off the Terrans.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 13:06

Triaxx2 wrote:I prefer to build in Heretic's End, if only because there's no risk of a task force if something happens to cheese off the Terrans.
Is that for illegal complex ??

I am trying to build a complex in all friendly races to improve my rep with them all

Feersum
x3tc

Re: Never played X (TC) before

Post by Feersum » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 13:13

Trevelvis wrote:I am building up my factories and was wondering if its a good idea to build stuff in Terran space, if I build 1mj or Chip plant would there be NPCs to buy them, How safe are Terran sectors meaning if I do build do I need to supply defense measures, Thanks
Terran sectors are as safe as any other racial sector, as long as you have good reputation with them :)
1mj shield fabs are a great investment anywhere.

As for Terrans - many of their fabs require water as secondary resource. You just need to find several decent Ice asteroids in their space.
Comin' in on a wing and a prayer
Though there's one motor gone
We can still carry on

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 13:56

With a goal of improving your rep with the Terrans, the fastest way after completing the Terran and Aldrin Plots is to run missions for them. You need to run the Terran Plot anyway just for access to sectors beyond the Asteroid Belt. Buy the time you have access to all stations, you will have good rep with them. You need to run the Aldrin Plot to be able to buy Terran stations, it that's your goal. But if you want top rep, missions is the way to go.

1. You don't have to build Terran stations in Terran sectors. CW based stations work just fine. Water becomes a non-issue.

2. Heretic's End is a Terran Sector.

3. Large Terran stations, docking paths, and sectors are really not an issue. If you use autopilot for all your ship's travel, yeah, it can be frustratingly slow travel at times. Just turn off autopilot. But most of your traffic in support of a complex would be with you OOS. Absolutely no issue then.

4. Lack of jump gates/beacons is only an issue for your ship's travel. AI pilots don't get frustrated by how long it takes to move from point A to point B, only the player. As many players like to build self sufficient complexes anyway, all concerns about sector size, jump gates, docking paths and other movement issues all become moot.

The biggest issue with building in Terran sectors is the placement of a limited number of asteroids outside of the Asteroid Belt and beyond Pluto. All mineral based production needs to be relatively close to a resource source due to the travel times in Terran sectors, yet they need to be in a location that will promote NPC traders to buy their product. With this in mind, Asteroid Belt is easily the best spot.

Traffic patterns in the AB must be considered also. One temptation is to place the complex near the jump gate, but little Terran traffic head for that gate. The Saturn to Mars/Mars to Saturn traffic is denser though.

Building Terran stations is another problem completely due to the reliance on the Terran Logistics docks for food, at the average price, and NPC buying your products at average - 1. Very little profit.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 14:00

You don't need to build complexes anywhere to befriend anyone, trading with them improves rep at early stage, like from rank -2 to 3, after that the rep gain is pretty insignificant.

But 1 mj shield in terran sectors is a good idea nonetheless, so many traders will come to you it's pretty much a build 'n forget.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 19:37

Right... Terran Sectors are one of the safest, due to the lack of jumpgates between them, so anyone wishiing to invade has to go through numerous sectors usually filled with military.

As of supplying Ore to your 1MJ station. It's not that hard tbh. Build your station as close to Asteroid Belt/Heretic's End jumpgate as possible. Now anywhere in the universe, where there are ore asteroids, you can either plop an Ore Mine or organise yourself a mining fleet. Use a CLS pilot to deliver the Ore to your station from the mining fleet or Ore Mine. He can jump to the gate between AB/H'sE without trouble.

I once asked how to orgniase a remote mining fleet, as I got a lot of useful info, here is the link: Link
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”