Overtuning a Hyperion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BloodBrain
x2

Overtuning a Hyperion

Post by BloodBrain » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 23:13

Hey there.

Whats better for a Hyperion:

More speed
or
more Turning

I have 2 Saves. One with 25 Rudder and 11 Engine Tunings

And one with 28 Engine Tuning but only 5 Rudder Optimisations.

So what does the Hyperion (which will be allready overtuned from the Start Plot) need more?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 23:46

The Hyperion already has some good turning numbers at 6.2rpm. Go for the speed.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 03:44

I'd rather not waste 20 something engine tunings on an M6+, you can get a god mode M7 or even M2 for this, or an arrow with 2k speed.

BloodBrain
x2

Post by BloodBrain » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 17:15

I want a allround ship, and the Hyperion is the only ship that can do basicly everything (and still dock everywhere). So it will be the Hyperion, no m7 or m2.
ancienthighway wrote: The Hyperion already has some good turning numbers at 6.2rpm. Go for the speed.
OTOH I read a lot about 6.2rpm being not enough (12 would be a good value) and the speed you can achieve through the Start Plot alone (250) being already very good. [/quote]

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 09:23

BloodBrain wrote:I want a allround ship, and the Hyperion is the only ship that can do basicly everything (and still dock everywhere). So it will be the Hyperion, no m7 or m2.
ancienthighway wrote: The Hyperion already has some good turning numbers at 6.2rpm. Go for the speed.
OTOH I read a lot about 6.2rpm being not enough (12 would be a good value) and the speed you can achieve through the Start Plot alone (250) being already very good.
Display stat is great and all that but internally and more importantly for you personally, don't blindly rely on it as with most things of this nature. Look at achinonix... it may be an awesome ship in a lot of ways and it says it got decent steering... BUUUUUUUUUUUUT tell AI to kill... I don't know L for example... 3 hours later you will despise that ship, Kyoto... M2+ steers better.

Also the amount of steering you need, besides your personal preferences, varies depending on speed.... there is actually a point at which too much steering makes ship harder to control just like not enough steering. Any additional steering on starburst make it spin out of control god forbid you try rolling it.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 12:53

Acinonyx steers fine..

pitch - 2.1 rpm
roll - 2.1 rpm
yaw - 1.6 rpm

it steers better than all M6+ except the Hyperion and the Vidar

for OP, speed is better for your Hyperion since you want to use it all the time as a personal ship.. Use rudder tuning on for-combat-only ships like an M7..

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 14:36

Black_hole_suN wrote:Acinonyx steers fine..

pitch - 2.1 rpm
roll - 2.1 rpm
yaw - 1.6 rpm

it steers better than all M6+ except the Hyperion and the Vidar

for OP, speed is better for your Hyperion since you want to use it all the time as a personal ship.. Use rudder tuning on for-combat-only ships like an M7..
And yet it is the ONLY m6 that can't hit a fighter with main guns. I watched it try to kill L for half an hour until another L showed up and they killed achinonix. It does not steer "fine", it steers like a brick under water.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 14:45

It steers fine
Last edited by Black_hole_suN on Fri, 5. Feb 16, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 16:18

Well, AI doesn't make sharp turns, another reason why I love my LX army.

As for M6, they move like damp dead bricks so turrets often do more damage than their main guns... Another reason why I love my HCP.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”