XRM crash on windows 10 (Albion Prelude)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

watchlive
xr

XRM crash on windows 10 (Albion Prelude)

Post by watchlive » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 14:54

I really want try this game.

I installed Albion Prelude with mod x-tended and can play but the game crashes when I load a backup (i can save my game but crash when i load the save game). I have windows 10 and I tried the Windows Vista compatibility mode. I play on a ssd.

Thanks you
Motherboard : Asus sabertooth x79
4x4 gigas ddr3 G-Skill (16 gigas quad channel)
Processor : Intel I7 4930k 3,4 ghz (6 core)
Graphic card : Msi Nvidia Gtx 980TI
Monitor : Asus VG248QE (1080p)
Windows 10 pro X64

watchlive
xr

XRM not X-tended sorry

Post by watchlive » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 15:00

Sory i have made a mistake Its XRM mod not X-tended.
Windows 10 pro X64

watchlive
xr

Sory I have made a mistake Its XRM mod not X-tended. save game crash

Post by watchlive » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 15:03

I really want try this game.

I installed Albion Prelude with mod XRM and can play but the game crashes when I load a backup (i can save my game but crash when i load the save game). I have windows 10 and I tried the Windows Vista compatibility mode. I play on a ssd.

Thanks you
Windows 10 pro X64

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 20:23

@watchlive
Please make yourself familiar with our forum rules and with the possibilites our forum provides to create and change (edit) own posts. (Please see the Forum FAQ section for reference.) At any time, unless your topic has been closed, you can edit your own posts (using the Edit-button in the top right corner) to make them clearer or to correct mistakes. Alternatively, if you realise you have posted in the wrong forum section, as long as no one has replied (or posted after you in the respective topic), you can always delete your post by using the Delete-button (a little X in the top right corner of your post), and post in the correct forum/thread afterwards.

I merged your two posts about the same problem into one topic now and adjusted the title of the topic to reflect that this is a problem with the XRM.

---------------

watchlive wrote:I installed Albion Prelude with mod XRM...
In your mod suggestion topic here, you mentioned you would have installed the XRM and the Star Wars Mod. If you did this within the same installation, it will cause problems and will most-likely be also responsible for your savegame crash issues. As a general rule, two mods changing or adding the same things will not be compatible to each other without further adjustments. Please also note that even if you create more then one installation, all of them will share the same savegame location. So in case you 'switch' between two mod installations, you still have to ensure that you don't overwrite the saves from one mod with the saves from the other.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

watchlive
xr

Post by watchlive » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 22:17

i have installed both games and yes save games are shared between mods.
XRM is alone without Star wars. I have also X-tended and saving and loading work with X-tended...

Thanks you
Windows 10 pro X64

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Fri, 5. Feb 16, 09:03

You can't share savegame from different mod.

Start a new game and make separated savegames for each mod.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”