So, nice joke...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LTerSlash
x4

So, nice joke...

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 02:27

I was looking for days a build mission with a SPP on Legend Home, finally i got one, so Legend Home now has a new shinny XL SPP at 400km away from the gates.

paulhamm
x3

Post by paulhamm » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 04:03

It is possible to move the beacon. You can bump into them to move them. They are indestructible so repeated bumps will shift it anywhere. Your shields will take a hit after each bump so more shielding and or slow speed needs to be considered. Get the sweet spot and push it across the sector. 400km will take some time. Get a coffee and relax, do some paper work, rename all your Transports whatever.

It is possible that the location for the SPP was occupied by an existing structure and the beacon was bounced to the location it wound up in.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 00:09

Why would you need a SPP in Legend's Home?

It's right next door to Akeela's Beacon...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 21:19

paulhamm wrote:....
It is possible that the location for the SPP was occupied by an existing structure and the beacon was bounced to the location it wound up in.
'Bounced beacons' lead to missions that cannot be completed. The game chooses a location for a station, and then puts a beacon there. If something is too close, when the player enters the sector the beacon will be bounced. If the player then places the station on the beacon, the mission won't complete until the player drags the station to the original location.

In short, it's best to note the beacon site while OOS and then drop the station at that location despite where the beacon ends up.

As for the OP, if the mission completed at 400km from the gates, then that's where the game wanted it. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 00:02

OniGanon wrote:Why would you need a SPP in Legend's Home?

It's right next door to Akeela's Beacon...
So i can equip e-cells to ships brought there faster, i just dont want to build my own because my rep with Argon goes up and down all the time, also i dont want to keep my own ships there to supply it either.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 00:32

Nanook wrote:In short, it's best to note the beacon site while OOS and then drop the station at that location despite where the beacon ends up.
One time, I got a station building mission to place a station in Earth sector. Needless to say, the beacon bounced when I entered the sector. I did drop the station in the beacon's original location, but that didn't complete the mission. I had to drop the station at the beacon's new location to do so.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 03:16

Dock a TL at the shipyard. Set up a CLS freighter to buy at 12 and unload to the TL. You will always have a ready supply of e-cells. Once the TL has a good stock your CLS pilot will be leveled up a bit. Replace that freighter with a new one and set the old one to load from the TL and sell to all the stations in the sector for 18. Now you will have a ready supply of e-cells and since most of them will be just passing through with 50% markup you'll have as many as you need more or less for free.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 15:08

Jimmy C wrote:One time, I got a station building mission to place a station in Earth sector. Needless to say, the beacon bounced when I entered the sector. I did drop the station in the beacon's original location, but that didn't complete the mission. I had to drop the station at the beacon's new location to do so.
Ha, yeah I remember having a mission to build a station 200km behind Earth's gate.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”