Hacking terran stations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

Hacking terran stations

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 06:12

I can't proceed with the breaking ground plot because the mission giver wants me to dock at an orbital defense station in Neptune, meanwhile I'm terran terrorist 30%. Hacking the station did nothing since I'll get a warning upon entering the sector, and then stations won't let me dock regardless of my rep.

Now what? Worst case scenario I'll use the mission director.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

terran rep

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 07:08

Take some time to improve your Terran rep. I do it early in the game before I start the plot but you can do it anytime. Occasionally a Terran mission will get offered. Take it and do it if at all possible.

Most of the time there are no Terran missions. You have to improve one level, perhaps two, to get missions. The only way I know is to kill CW ships in Terran war sectors. You only get a few points for it so you have to do a lot of them. Don't try to lessen the impact by ramming or letting someone else kill them. You want full points for doing it yourself. I found I could save a lot of time by firing the last shots that actually killed a CW big ship; the Terran the heavy lifting. You just steal the kill. Save first so you can get the timing just right. This is with you in an M3. Killing CW ships in CW war sectors gets you no credit from the Terrans.

Once you get Terran missions you slip past the War Sectors and do missions in the rest of Terran space. When you get to Neptune, it gets easier because then you can jump in and out and Althes, Aldrin and Megnir open up. At a certain rank you can use Terran jump beacons.

Good luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 16:44

Well, in that case I rather just cheat with the mission director.

I had war with the terran once, booted my rep to terran insurgent and then "oh sh*t I forgot to stockpile MAML warheads". Had to link three Xenon sectors to segaris and kill a bunch of Qs.

But now, after four valhalla a few kyoto a few tokyo a few osaka and god know how many aegis caps no way I'm gonna pick my rep up again...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”