factory complex for Hub plot supply

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RBectel
x4

factory complex for Hub plot supply

Post by RBectel » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 19:32

I am building an empire in preparation for the Hub Plot.

However, how many Chip factories, Teladianium should go into any single complex?

If I can build a complex, say in Spring of Belief or Savage Spur, and have it set with 20 each Chip Plants and Teladianium factories in the complex, is that enough? Or should I go bigger...better and more expansive? I have several smaller complexes in production already, that each have 2-5 chip or teladianium factories working, but they are there to provide revenue and net profit along side of my weapons complexes. This is a Hub Plot investment effort and wont be used to fund my enterprise until after that plot is completed.

Cheers!

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 20:45

IME, as many chip plants as you want. Teladium, OTOH, I didn't build many. Once the plot was over the demand was not much. Waste of credits IME.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

RBectel
x4

Post by RBectel » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 21:12

Thanks Joe!
re: Teladianium -- i read a post somewhere that indicated that the Paranid liked it, and it could bring in additional revenue if built in a Paranid sector.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 21:38

Yes, the paranid do use it as a secondary resource. It does sell, it just is a slow earner.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 21:51

One of the guides I read suggested 4 large teladianium factories in 2 complexes in Paranid sectors. I've done it with 2 stations and still had full inventories after the plot.

The number of chip plants is dependent on how fast you want to finish the plot. On the other hand, chips do have good market value once you put them up for sell and the answer of how many is determined by how much money do you want. (Aforementioned guide suggested 2 complexes of 15 chip plants at a minimum.)

RBectel
x4

Post by RBectel » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 15:19

Thanks for the replies.
This is a good game for making the brain work a bit. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”