Missile Barrage Bug?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CerebralAbrasion

Missile Barrage Bug?

Post by CerebralAbrasion » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 09:11

I've noticed that when I get a new m7m or bomber, when I use the missile barrage command it fires each salvo a few seconds apart. But after a while the same ship will fire all salvos as 1. It's not bad, I mean having unlimited missiles in a single swarm makes them even more effective, but is this a bug or how it's supposed to be?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 11:06

it does sound link a bug.

Barrage is supposed to fire it in volleys which is 1 missile from each turret. Obviously if this is flails, then each missile will be multiple warheads.

There should be a delay between each volley, although it might get effected by SETA

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 12:18

You want to know about a real barrage bug? I confirmed it just now.
Barraged Flails (and likely other swarm missiles) only hit with a fraction of their damage power if launched OOS. It's as if only one of the subwarheads of a missile actually hit the target.
Try it. IS, two Flail barrages will bring down 2Gj (like what you'd find on a Carrack) worth of shielding. Launch a Flail barrage on the same target from OOS and you'll need 30 to 40 barrages to knock the shields down! Barrages, not missles.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 20:53

It is not a barrage bug. Swarm missiles fire one warhead OOS, no matter the command used.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”