player owned equipment dock and trading station function

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tearing

player owned equipment dock and trading station function

Post by tearing » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 14:21

this might sound stupid but,
what are player owned equipment dock and trading station function?

i've tried to google it but cant find its function

Annette Barret

Re: player owned equipment dock and trading station function

Post by Annette Barret » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 15:20

tearing wrote:this might sound stupid but,
what are player owned equipment dock and trading station function?

i've tried to google it but cant find its function
They are a place to park your own ships, and store freight. They don't have the functionality of Race stations.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 14. Feb 16, 17:54

They store X number for every ware. They don't have a "total" capacity... which makes them excellent storage dumps or selling points.

Sadly most wares don't have a very...er... high capacity for storages. Bigger wares even less so.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 16:18

I tend to use them as a means of controlling my complexes, but I have a specific way of organising my production. But as was already said, their storage capacity is not the greatest. I need to find a mod to get it somewhat 'fixed'.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 22:31

your best bet is not to bother with either the trade station or equipment dock both are completely pointless without mods and should probably be removed from the game if they are not going to add the functionality

about the only use i can think of for a trade station is to act as a central distribution point via CLS or as a central place to dump and sell salvage via CAG but this roll is filled nicely by the HUB which has a bigger cargo hold and thus trade stations are unnecessary

another reason that the EQ dock/trade station aren't needed is because of the corp HQ that you get after completing the relevant plot which basically is a EQ dock/trade station.

with regards to the EQ dock what I tend to do is to use the Aran as my equipment dock as that can dock any ship in the game and has a 120,000 ton cargo capacity so i can store a whole ton of weapons and equipment and if i need more storage space no problem i just build another one at my HQ the Aran is also a grate place to park ships as it can hold 29 ships (m6 and smaller) and one capital ship (m7 or bigger)

the best thing about using the Aran as an equipment dock that is that unlike a station the Aran can move so you are not tied to one sector which is good if the ship comes under attack you can just jump it away or deploy drones/fighters/corvettes/bombers or what ever else is parked there or if you need to rearm in the field no need to go back to HQ to do so

its also a good way to recover captured ships if you been farming in enemy space

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 15. Feb 16, 23:30

Probably the most effective way of using the docks, and this can apply to the Hub and corporate HQ (AP only) also, is to add desired lasers, shields, and missiles to the ware list, give the dock some credits, and set up a CAG to buy what you desire. Then you have a CLS2 ship set up to take those wares from the inventory so the CAG goes out and buys more.

This greatly eases the pain of equipping that new big ship you just acquired and making it combat ready.

Using a pair of trading stations, one buys low, the other sells at high. This has the potential of monopolizing the distribution of resources in a given area. Timsup2nothing has substituted specific complexes to do the same, one ware at a time.

There are mods that allow your equipment docks to become sale points for the various ship upgrades. Mods that expand capacity.

Even without those mods, these docks are far from pointless.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 14:14

Also forwardt to add... They are wonderful in terms of complex defence OOS. An Argon EQ dock, I think it’s the one, can store indefinite number of fighters. If you add it to a complex.and it's attacked, you can have 100, 200, (implement any huge number you wish) fighters on the attackers in a second. Stack them with PBGs and you can eat through anything woth minimal own losses.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Wed, 17. Feb 16, 17:46

I use Equipment Docks as Docks for my ships (TM carriers, TS, M2s, and M2+) and as storage for Energy Cells (up to 15,000 Energy Cells).

My Equipment Docks are built near Jump Beacons (not far than 15 km from Jump Beacon)

For storage of equipment I use TL Mammoth (current freight of it is about 23k of 60k available, including, for example, 60 PPC and other, dropped by (or captured from boarded) Xenon, Pirate, Yaki and other ships )

Mistral Super Freighters (15k cargo space) are storage for Microchips from one of my Self Sufficient complexes.

Every Equipment Dock has ability to restore to 100% shields instantly of any ship, excluding current ship of player.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 11:50

Been a while since I was an active player, but I used my EQ docks as outposts for refuelling and docking ships not in use. I would have one ship buying ecells,so there were always e cells available to me when needed.

I also dumped excess wares there and sold them off,giving the station a working capital.
I would also have at least one trader homebased there, so that the available capital at the station was always on the up,never being too low for to buy ecells

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 15:18

Did a small search, as I once used a mod for a better EQ Docks. Here is the one I played, will play with:
Link

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”