Windows 10 Issues in TC?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

JJRSC
x4

Windows 10 Issues in TC?

Post by JJRSC » Thu, 18. Feb 16, 18:16

Hello, I am finally getting around to upgrading to Windows 10 (currently have Windows 8 ) and just wanted to see if there were any issues people had had after upgrading. Having looked on the forum I have only seen one or two people who have had some audio problems after upgrading. Has any one found any other issues or have any other input/suggestions/warnings before I upgrade to Windows 10? Thank you!

If it makes any difference, my system has a 3.40GHz Core processor and 4GB Ram.

Thanks again!

{Moving to the Tech Support Forum where this kind of discussion is more appropriate - Nanook}

Annette Barret

Post by Annette Barret » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 02:15

JJRSC:

So far I haven't had any sound issues, mind you I did do a fresh install of my games after switching from Win 7.

One issue I have found is that I have to keep clearing my browser cache, and cookies.

I think this is because it uses Explorer 11 and its own integral internet browser. On top or alongside it so to speak.

One other thing I have also noticed is the amount of garbage it downloads all by itself. I quite often have to clear 2-5 GB when I free up disk space.

That's even after I shut down practically all the tiles it originally opened with.

Other than that I haven't had any real problems.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 05:40

After you upgrade and activate, you may want to do a fresh install of Windows 10. Will prevent issues that arise from the upgrade process.

Other than that it is solid for me.

Annette Barret

Post by Annette Barret » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 14:08

Sinxar wrote:After you upgrade and activate, you may want to do a fresh install of Windows 10. Will prevent issues that arise from the upgrade process.

Other than that it is solid for me.
I wonder if you could elaborate on that statement. A Win 10 install is a pretty laborious, and time consuming process. Particularly the upgrades, which take hours. Not to mention the time it takes to reinstall my Steam X3 library of games.It's not something I would want to rush into. :wink:

JJRSC
x4

Post by JJRSC » Fri, 19. Feb 16, 14:22

That's great... thank you both very much!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”