[X3LU] Modifications (audio, visual, gameplay)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackArchon
xr

[X3LU] Modifications (audio, visual, gameplay)

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 12:04

Over the last months I was playing a lot of LU and I was getting some ideas for cosmetic changes to increase my fun with playing LU. If anyone is interested, please have a look for yourself:

UI Music
  • LU uses only 5 of X3:AP's 12 combat soundtracks - the other 7 are used as sector background music. This is quite boring, so I restored all 12 of them - you will hear them mostly. I also added two combat tracks from older X games. Surely you will recognize them, but they are very rare to hear. Extract these 42 MP3 files to your soundtrack folder in your LU directory, NOT into the addon directory: LU Combat Tracks v2
  • Get rid of the Star Wars weapon sound effects for APC, PG and GRC: I don't see any reason to taint the X universe with Star Wars effects, so I replaced these three with sound effects from XRM. Copy the content of this ZIP file directly to your X3 LU directory, NOT into the addon directory.
Ships
  • Script to add Goner ships to the OTAS shipyard in Legend's Home - (Use right click, Save as...)
    Copy this script into the addon\scripts folder inside your LU install. This will add five additional Goner ships (AP Gunner, Ranger, Spitfyre, Springblossom, Truelight Seeker) to the OTAS shipyard in Legend's Home.
    Tested with LU 1.7.0.
Last edited by BlackArchon on Sat, 28. May 16, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 28. May 16, 19:32

Added a script which adds more Goner ships to the OTAS shipyard in Legend's Home. This was asked by Zombiepotatosalad from Willfe's current live stream.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”