so, pirate orbital weapons platform

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

so, pirate orbital weapons platform

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 12:39

Hostile stations can be hacked, hostile ships can be scanned or status "refreshed" by player property OOS, but orbital weapons platforms stay red. Of course I can always hammer torpedo them, but wonder what other options I have.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Sun, 21. Feb 16, 19:46

Not many as far as I know. There is no way of changing how the already placed platforms see you. I usually get a mission for station hack, blow up the platforms and then hack the station. The new that spawn should be blue.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Mon, 22. Feb 16, 14:47

Sector protect / patrol, the hostiles that turn up will usually do the job, just lead them to the OWP if they miss it. Is station protect mission possible?

Hammer / tomahawk barrage is good, just jump to other gate in sector after launching so OWP doesn’t know who launched the missiles.

The OWP is classed as a ship, is it possible to COMMs and apologise for friendly fire? (I’ve not tried that one).

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 20:47

OWP captains are normally the most senior military in the sector and so should be first choice for apologies.

I have not had others confirm but this has worked generally for me, for all races:

Dont enter enemy sectors. Lasers, stations, ships and OWPs are not red until they are in same sector as you or vice versa. Repair rep for one of your enemies without entering any of their sectors even for a second. I like to repair pirate rep first as their stations often have missions from good selection of races.

Confirming rep level with any race including pirates and yaki is not hard. Comm one of their grey (neutral) ships and ask for directions to nearest shipyard. If he has kind words u know rep is good. If the only ships u find are red then rep is obviously still bad.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”