[X3AP] Is it possible to regain split rep with unholy traitor?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shanrak
x4

[X3AP] Is it possible to regain split rep with unholy traitor?

Post by shanrak » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 17:18

Haven't played this game in a while but I want to check out shady business. I started a new game as an unholy traitor, managed to sneak into argon space while out running some damaged idiot bounty hunters. I know that eventually I'll need split rep for the plot so I did some split missions that I found in argon space. After 4 or 5 of them my rep haven't changed at all.

So can I actually change my split rep with this start? What's the best way of doing it if it's possible?

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 20:23

Try killing pirates and yaki in split sectors. Killing their frinds (paranid bounty hunters) has cheesed them off.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 20:50

glenmcd wrote:Try killing pirates and yaki in split sectors. Killing their frinds (paranid bounty hunters) has cheesed them off.
Hrm. I guess I better get the 15 waves over with sooner rather than later. I was planning on using them to spawn free capital ships later on after I stole some marines from the rrf.

It'll be a pain to find that lone m5 that's buzzing around at 20 m/s though :roll:

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 22:28

If you kill 15 then damage already done.
High tail it to nearest station or asteroid/mine. When a bounty hunter comes, target him and get him on one of the two monitors (shift-1, shift-2). Try to get shields to 9%. Lower does nothing but risk accidental destruction. Decide which gate to exit and get him on opposite side of asteroid/station. If u do accidently kill, get the energy cells. Try throwing one out when an enemy is catching up to you. He will be forced to take evasive action and u buy time/distance.

If u want to kill him later get info from monitor u opened and it will give sector. I prefer srntinel variant as is slower. I kill the raiders. Too fast.

A really fun trick is to fly inside stations where this is possible. Shipyards, mil outposts. Pirate station is best. Fly in where ships exit on undocking. Try it its awesome fun!

Are u strafing?

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Wed, 24. Feb 16, 00:51

Yes I managed to make it out of split space already. I went to that split sector next to xenon space and started blasting xenon ships. My rep is now going up nicely. I guess killing ships works better than missions when the rep is super low.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Wed, 24. Feb 16, 04:19

Killing ships grants you a set amount of rep so do it while you're at -2 to 4, after that you gain like 1% each time not worth it.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 09:08

Fear not, you can gain reputation with the Split. I started as Unholy Traitor (to get the Medusa prototype) and have been best buddies with Split for a long time.

The first thing to know is that when you are +10 or -10 rank with a race - missions do not change your rep at all. The only way to improve reputation at either of the rep extremes is trading or killing enemies in their sectors. The quickest way to do this is to kill Xenon in their sectors e.g. Thyn's Abyss and Zyarth's Dominion. You won't then have a problem with Boron/Pirate/Yaki reputation that way (the only other "enemies" that would count)

You will want to get yourself a resilient ship (M6 perhaps) and some decent swarm missiles (for larger Xenon targets) as you will also be evading the Spilt defence forces that don't yet realise you're trying to help. It's also worth overriding friend/foe settings so that your missiles don't go for the wrong targets! "Show as enemy if enemy to me" or whatever it's called.

You might also want to consider doing the same with the Paranid while you do the plots. M148 has a representative military ship from each commonwealth race and will attack your assets if your rep is low enough - at least until you've done the plots and you don't need to care.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 12:28

M148's ships are 'special'. They'll attack anything, at least for me. I've lost a couple of ships to the wandering Tiger, and seen it go after and kill the Argon Minotaur that patrols the sector.

As for missions, are you sure? I'm pretty sure I've done it even with -10 rank, as long as I ensure the person I'm talking to is actually a member of that race and not a pirate. (Eyepatches are a dead giveaway.)
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 05:23

MarvinTheMartian is right: at highest and lowest reputation ranks, missions themselves don't give reputation, though you may get incidental reputation if the mission has you killing the right ships in the right place. So, for example, you might take a patrol mission that takes you through the space of the race you want to be buddies with, and if you avoid killing them but kill their enemies, then your rep will go up from that. Mission success, however, will not (but might if you rose in rep-rank during the mission, maybe - I don't know when the check is made, at start of mission or at end.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”