Can't complete mission (base destroyed)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

templarteppo

Can't complete mission (base destroyed)

Post by templarteppo » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 04:15

As the title implies, I am unable to get the Terracorp mission to pick some on up and bring them to TC HQ because the place where this person is has apparently been destroyed. Because of this, I am no longer able to improve my relation with Terracorp and eventually get that sweet Nova Prototype. Will this factory reappear eventually or is Terracorp out of the question now?

Thank you very much.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 04:37

If you still have the mission, simply abort it.

templarteppo

Post by templarteppo » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 06:19

Mission is no in my mission tab. I accept from the guy giving it and then it says "invalid location" or something similar and then "mission failed."

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 07:27

Cap one, target argon high-tech traders.

Do you want it for "ahh I wanna fly that" reason or "let's see what other prototype ships we can get..." reason? If it's the former don't bother, you won't need a nova prototype by the time you get it.

A bit off-topic complaint though, that's my biggest problem with TC (and what EGO totally fixed in AP, good job), it's like "bring we 200m so I can award you 150m", you are forced to struggle on your own through the "fun" stage for some rewards you won't need afterwards.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 09:11

templarteppo wrote:Mission is no in my mission tab. I accept from the guy giving it and then it says "invalid location" or something similar and then "mission failed."
IIRC, in X3TC, this is one of those things that can happen and you can't do much about it. I don't think the person will respawn when/if the station is replaced by the god engine. I'm not sure, but I don't think there is a fix for it if you don't have a saved game that is before the station was destroyed.

There are a lot of old threads on this problem. Do a google search of the site and look for that specific mission and problems with it and you will eventually find a lot of discussions about this problem.

Note: IIRC, you could use a cheat to edit around this problem, if you wanted to. IMO, that's a legitimate way around it. Though, it'll flag your save I think.

For instance, see here: http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4421849 Search around.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 10:01

The reason to want to continue the corporate missions is that you can receive multiple Rank 4, Rank 7 and Rank 10 ships, simply by not docking your personal ship. You can do "quick docks" for the passenger transport missions, but the delivery missions will break the awarding of ships. So, beginning with the first Advanced Express, you can get another one for each mission you accept (complete or fail) in getting to Rank 7. Then another Nova Prototype for accepted missions until you get to Rank 10. Same thing with the Eclipse Prototype, except there is no limit to how many you can get.

Just imagine the fleet of Heavy Centaur Prototypes you could amass.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 20:24

For broken Corporation missions, you can reset the whole mission sequence for each corporation using the Reset Corporations script. It will mark your savegames as modified, so the choice is yours - vanilla game w/broken corporation or modified game with unbroken corp missions. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 05:11

IIRC, those particular taxi missions in the corp chains were dangerous in that if you aborted or failed them, they could derail the whole sequence - has to do with the fact that the NPC you are transporting to the corporate HQ is the mission giver for the next one in the sequence, so if he's not where he's supposed to be, you can't get more missions from that corporation.

[EDIT: the only solution I know of should this be the case is what Nanook menioned above.]

Sorry to potentially be the bearer of bad news.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”