Respawning Pirate bases

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

Respawning Pirate bases

Post by fireanddream » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 13:02

I know pirate bases respawn in nearby sectors after being destroyed, as a result, they would be slowly "pushed" toward border sectors as time goes by. Problem is now in my 8-day-old save there are four pirate bases in terran territory, four juicy space weed/squash mine hungry stations that my CAG traders can't reach because I'm at war with the terran. No idea how they migrated into terran territory (across war zones) since I rarely linked the hub to any of the terran sectors. Eventually they may respawn in CW territories if I just bomb them over and over again, but is there an easier way to do this? Firestorm torpedo doesn't grow on trees, you know.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 18:18

This is not exactly a solution to your problem but I usually don't need cag to sell my space weed. I just set the factory sale price to average - 1 and tons of ships will line up to buy my products. Of course if you are intentionally trying to build up pirate rep this isnt going to work.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Sun, 6. Mar 16, 03:14

shanrak wrote:This is not exactly a solution to your problem but I usually don't need cag to sell my space weed. I just set the factory sale price to average - 1 and tons of ships will line up to buy my products. Of course if you are intentionally trying to build up pirate rep this isnt going to work.
Ikr, but I only had two bliss place L with the price set at maximum to exclusively sell to pirate base and some trading stations.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 6. Mar 16, 03:57

Pirate Bases will respawn anywhere, IIRC. Pirate Bases just spawn, no TL moving the base to a build site, again, IIRC.

Only consumers in race sectors that consider weed and booze illegal will pay max price. In unknown and pirate sectors, only average price. If the bulk of your buyers are only paying average price anyway, set the price at avg-1 and let the NPCs come to you. You can always fly out to the select consumers paying max price.

Annette Barret

Post by Annette Barret » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 04:29

ancienthighway wrote:Pirate Bases will respawn anywhere, IIRC. Pirate Bases just spawn, no TL moving the base to a build site, again, IIRC.

Only consumers in race sectors that consider weed and booze illegal will pay max price. In unknown and pirate sectors, only average price. If the bulk of your buyers are only paying average price anyway, set the price at avg-1 and let the NPCs come to you. You can always fly out to the select consumers paying max price.
There is also the difficulty the pirates have, with their courier sampling the cargo extensively, before they either get caught and destroyed, or return to base.
The True quest for wisdom begins with accepting you know Nothing!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 08:55

Step one. Use a logistician CLS pilot and generate waypoints, range 100, buy spacefuel, price whatever (or spaceweed, but generally there will be more spurious bliss places than distilleries). It will produce a list of all the pirate bases in any sector you have entered. You can pick out the "good ones" that are not in Teladi or pirate space.

Step two. Destroy all the ones that aren't good.

Step three. Repeat as necessary.

EDIT: PS, Tomahawk missiles do grow on trees.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 11:50

Timsup2nothin wrote:Step one. Use a logistician CLS pilot and generate waypoints, range 100, buy spacefuel, price whatever (or spaceweed, but generally there will be more spurious bliss places than distilleries). It will produce a list of all the pirate bases in any sector you have entered. You can pick out the "good ones" that are not in Teladi or pirate space.

Step two. Destroy all the ones that aren't good.

Step three. Repeat as necessary.

EDIT: PS, Tomahawk missiles do grow on trees.
Day 9 and there are 6 pirate bases in terran territories, fml.
Regarding tomahawk and phantom missiles, I was fighting the terran and got so annoyed by those godlike claymores that I nerfed both missile damages by a factor of ten.
I just got a pirate base destroyed by poking a skirnir and camping behind that station, but military patrols in saturn 3 only happens at full moon anyway. Might try to let RRF do the job in other sectors.

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 12:03

RRF won't do a thing unless one of their stations get attacked.

During shady business, the xenon were happily waltzing through Segaris with no RRF in sight. So I dragged a few over to the orbital patrol base and hid behind it for a few minutes, then the massive RRF fleet jumped in and pounded the xenon into dust. Of course, the xenon cheats and respawns, but it was a nice fight.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 12:20

shanrak wrote:RRF won't do a thing unless one of their stations get attacked.

During shady business, the xenon were happily waltzing through Segaris with no RRF in sight. So I dragged a few over to the orbital patrol base and hid behind it for a few minutes, then the massive RRF fleet jumped in and pounded the xenon into dust. Of course, the xenon cheats and respawns, but it was a nice fight.
That's exactly how I'm going to do it. Attack some stations and pull them toward pirate bases.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”