Problems connecting flail missile fabs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Problems connecting flail missile fabs

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sun, 6. Mar 16, 22:56

Hi all

Quick question are the connection nodes for flail missile fabs bugged? The reason I ask is because I’m trying to add a bunch of Flail fabs to my typhoon complex only the computer is being stubborn and refuses to link them up correctly

now the flail fabs have 3 nodes 2 on the back and one on the front connecting them horizontally works fine it connects the back node to the back node of the adjacent station but when I try you link them vertically the computer always links up the wrong nodes

instead of linking the front node with the front node of the adjacent station or the the back node with the back node of the adjacent station its linking the front node with the back node creating messy pipe work which is extremely annoying

in case that explanation isn't clear here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing

http://s9.postimg.org/z17vy2sj3/untitled.png

anyone have any idea whats causing this ?

shanrak
x4

Post by shanrak » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 01:37

I cared about silly things like node linking properly a long time ago too :D

All I remember is that there is a minimum distance for node to node connection, if there isn't enough distance the game will attempt a bend to another node like what you are seeing. I think the minimum number of 'tube segments' is 2. If your stations are closer than 2 segments it won't connect those nodes.

These days I just let hephasto do his thing and pay the 20% premium. It may not be pretty but it's compact and has a pattern to it.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 03:24

Hephasto is great but it crowds my mini map. I build stations vertically on top of each other so the minimap shows only 3-6 stations (though the sector is nonetheless screwed), well, it looks clean at least.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 13:01

after some further investigation i seems like the issue might just be a bug in game because when i made the bottom row flail fabs and the top row hammer fabs both positioned at exactly the same locations as i had previously when it was just 2 rows of flail fabs everything worked as expected and the stations connected correctly seems the flail fabs don't like linking vertically to other flail fabs

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 15:48

Cursed Ghost wrote:seems the flail fabs don't like linking vertically to other flail fabs
That’s odd, I’ve just linked 4 flail fabs stacked vertically 1Km apart nice neat pipes, also vertically stacked with 10 other missile fabs.

I thought this node stuff went out with X3R? These days I just stack fabs vertically 1K - 1.7K apart depending on size of fab and never had to consider nodes (TC & AP).

What happens if you increase the vertical distance between the flail fabs, do the pipes change configuration?

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 11:35

What happens if you increase the vertical distance between the flail fabs, do the pipes change configuration?
That was my first though as well but it didn't seem to make any difference still keeps connecting the node on the front to the one on the back instead of connection the 2 nodes on the front very strange

to be honest it's one of the reasons i wish ego would do away with this horrible system and implement something simpler and more straightforward because then i simply wouldn't have to deal with these issues at all

its one of the really big criticisms that i and a lot of other people have of the X Series complexity for complexities sake which creates a massively steep learning curve making the game unplayable by anyone that is unwilling or unable to put in the time to figure this stuff out

i consider my self a veteran of the series i been playing since the very first game in the series and I'm still learning years on which just goes to show how complicated these game can get

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Tue, 15. Mar 16, 12:33

Cursed Ghost wrote:i consider my self a veteran of the series i been playing since the very first game in the series and I'm still learning years on which just goes to show how complicated these game can get
The complexity is why we all keep coming back!!

Latest game I’m playing is Khaak start (by Snowslip) on X3TC, bartering with Pirates for essential resources was new, protecting their fabs, trading between the pirate factions and getting attacked at every turn made for some very new game play and tactics. I even got to spacewalk a Boron M7M (no guns on this ship). Yes, 10 years and still learning stuff.

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sat, 19. Mar 16, 14:59

The complexity is why we all keep coming back!!

Latest game I’m playing is Khaak start (by Snowslip) on X3TC, bartering with Pirates for essential resources was new, protecting their fabs, trading between the pirate factions and getting attacked at every turn made for some very new game play and tactics. I even got to spacewalk a Boron M7M (no guns on this ship). Yes, 10 years and still learning stuff.
not for me I'm more interested in the content and being able to do thing in a logical straightforward and expedient manor which is why i hate the complex system, training commandos or doing pretty much anything at the player hq or trying to do fleet combat

it's either unnecessarily complex and/or convoluted or it simply takes to long or it simply doesn't work properly

complexing - to complicated and convoluted

training commandos - takes to long

doing pretty much anything at the player hq - takes to long

conducting fleet combat simply doesn't work properly because when you group ships together command are missing and the computer cant fly and keeps crashing my ships or flying my ships straight in to enemy fire getting them killed

even the STs/UTs don't work right and have an extremely irritating bug where they stop working with the error cant find any e-cells or something to that effect and its simply because there cargo bay is full and instead of doing the sensible thing and trying to sell whats in there cargo bay they simply refuses to work resulting in manual intervention by the player which is tremendously annoying when you have like 20 UT springblossoms and you are having to deal with that every 10 minutes

whats needed to fix that is for the STs/UT's to try and sell first instead of trying to buy first so if they have cargo on board already they will try to sell that cargo before buying any new cargo thus eliminating this problem.

at least CAGs seem to work correctly with maybe the exception of the emergency jump not working but I'm not sure if that's because of an issue with CAGs or if its an issue with the emergency jump system and this is in AP btw the CAGs correctly initiate emergency jump procedure in TC

that's something else as well either CAGs or UTs/STs don't recall which don't see built in equipment which is why i keep getting the message please install fight command software even though my springblossom traders have fight command software build in

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”