complex cag selling all terran mre

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Plärr Jörgenson
x4

complex cag selling all terran mre

Post by Plärr Jörgenson » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 15:04

hi,

i've set up a complex producing lots of different products among which there are terran weapons. i want my cag to sell the terran mre (in fact all the intermediate products) overflow to 50% stock.
what he/she does is sell ALL the mre, and ONLY the mre although there's not much in stock (his cargo threshold is at 30%). he/she does that even when i blacklist terran mre for him/her.
before i had the complex produce terran mre, the cag worked as instructed...

thanks alot!

p.s.: i will look if it's a he or a she!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 05:05

In CAG settings, there are separate threshold settings for selling products, buying resources, and buying/selling intermediate products. I suspect you may not have configured one of those correctly (and they are a little unintuitive to understand, at first.) If memory serves (I haven't played in a while - a situation that will soon be changing! :) ), I used to have a "buffer" between the buy and sell thresholds, otherwise the handling of the wares was too swingy.

Lastly, and quite importantly, it depends on what size freighters you are using and the amount of allocated space for that ware in the station/complex/trade dock. The decision whether to pick up goods for sale is made based on whether there is more than the minimum in stock BEFORE it is removed - so if your freighter can hold half the station's capacity for that ware and you set the threshold at 50%, you won't be left with 50% but sometimes with nothing, as the CAG will see "hmmm, there is 50% in stock, I can sell" and will clear the store. Also, if you only set the freighter's cargobay limit instead of how much must be left at station, then no matter how small the figure, he (or she, heheheh) will clear it out if there's too little. For example, you set cargobay limit to 30% - if there is less than that much in storage at the station, then the CAG will happily take it all away.

My recommendation: I can't remember how it is called, but there is a setting in CAG that lets you specify what portion of the STATION's store is to be maintained - if you're looking to keep 50%, then set it to about 60% (assuming you're using Baldrics, perhaps a bit higher if you are using Hayabusas).

In a few days, I think I'll be getting back to X3AP (been visiting Rebirth-land, but I always go back to X3!), and when I do, I'll be CAGging a lot as I always do - at that point I'll take a look at the specifics, and hopefully I'll remember to check back here :) Good luck, in the meantime!

EDIT: One thing that is very strange, is that your trade pilot is apparently not obeying blacklisting of the ware - that's quite odd, indeed. (Unless you unwittingly have the trade list set to 'trade' instead of 'blacklist'? Just a thought.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”