AP - problem building iron mine in Megnir ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dadmod
x3ap

AP - problem building iron mine in Megnir ?

Post by dadmod » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 15:29

Bought large iron mine at Moon shipyard and transported it to Megnir in my Elephant.
The program will not let me place the mine on an asteroid there which is rated at 39 for iron ore. No problems otherwise.
What gives? Any ideas on how to work around this issue?
Thanks!!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 16:54

The program will not let me place the mine on an asteroid there which is rated at 39 for iron ore.
What does that mean the program won't let you? Is the asteroid not displayed on the sector map? Or does not happen anything, when you try to place it?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 21:10

Are you in the same sector yourself?
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

dadmod
x3ap

Post by dadmod » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 14:34

Thanks for your questions.
Yes, I am in the same sector myself doing the standard procedure for placing mines on asteroids with high mineral content.
In detail, I surveyed an asteroid in Megnir with a 39 ore content. Then I arrived in sector with a Terran ore mine L. After highlighting and clicking the ore mine L in the cargo hole of my Elephant the "build" command was dull, not bright. i.e. not clickable to initiate the build process.
(First time that has ever happened to me.) After a verbal curse I shifted to problem solving mode.
In retrospect, that asteroid was the first ore asteroid I had surveyed in Megnir. So, I surveyed several more. After finding 3 or 4 I tried to place the mine on the 39 ore content asteroid again with SUCCESS. Not sure why the initial attempt failed. :D
Many interesting facets to this game, eh?

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 16:18

Maybe that potential ore mine is too close to a terran station? That being said, terran stations have terrible hit boxes and your own stations will just flop around, never showing up at where you point them at.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Tue, 8. Mar 16, 16:34

What is the ID of the asteroid?

dadmod
x3ap

Post by dadmod » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 15:05

Asteroid ID: ASMN-78

That was the only ore asteroid surveyed at that point in time. There were several silicon asteroids surveyed. When highlighting the ore mine in the cargo hold there is usually a drop down box with a bright "build" command in it. This time it was dull and not clickable. After surveying several other ore asteroids, the build command was activated (bright).

Whew...saved me a lot of time!

dadmod

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 05:56

Hi,
dadmod wrote:Asteroid ID: ASMN-78

That was the only ore asteroid surveyed at that point in time. There were several silicon asteroids surveyed. When highlighting the ore mine in the cargo hold there is usually a drop down box with a bright "build" command in it. This time it was dull and not clickable. After surveying several other ore asteroids, the build command was activated (bright).

Whew...saved me a lot of time!

dadmod
just out of curiosity: Have you tried the other way around? c (command) 3/4 (Special) 1 (build) ?

cu
Rainer

dadmod
x3ap

Post by dadmod » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 14:13

No, I only tried the build command as I described.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 04:12

I've tried buying the same mine the same place, and placing it on the asteroid you mentionend (39 ore - my ids are different than yours) and the only way I could reproduce your problem was by being in another sector.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”