[X3AP] CLS2 Fab Supply

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NZ-Jaded
x4

[X3AP] CLS2 Fab Supply

Post by NZ-Jaded » Sat, 12. Mar 16, 01:20

Hi,

I'm fairly new to this game and, after reading through Trapper Tim's guides, tried to set up a NPC fab supply system, so that with 2 ships I could supply all resources and capture all output from the fab.

This is what I came up with:

NPC fab has 3 resources (R1, R2 & R3) and 1 product (P1)
1 Supply freighter - cargo 3000 after shields with CLS2 + Nav Software
1 Trap freighter - cargo 12000 with CLS2 and Nav Software.

Trap freighter Waypoints:

Code: Select all

NPC Fab:
Fly to station
Sell R1, almost max price, max cargo sapce
Sell R2, almost max price, max cargo sapce
Sell R3, almost max price, max cargo sapce
Buy P1, average price, max cargo space
Supply Freighter waypoints:

trap freighter - load R1, max cargo
               - unload R1 up to 3000
buy points for R1 average price, max cargo
trap freighter unload R1, max cargo
[repeat for R2 + R3]
I expect that the suppler will go buy R1 if the trap does not have a full load then check for R2 and R3.

Problem, fills up with resources leaving no space for the product buys, product price falls below average and NPC traders make the buy.

Any ideas?

Also 2nd question.

I'm getting into bootlegging around OmLy, I load the Still in Nymia's Hideout but when I use generate waypoints for the selling locations, none show up. I use range 5 centered on OmLy and I know (from manual exploration) that there are Pirate bases in Circle of Labour and Nathan's Voyage that buy at max...

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 12. Mar 16, 03:42

You might want to add another CLS2 trader (Buyer) with the purpose of buying the product. Since there are three resources, I'm guessing product is some kind of armament or tech item. For most of these wares, a TP is big enough, but some lasers and missiles may require a TS. This will always keep the supply transport supplying. You'll just need to figure out what to do with product.

The problem you're having is 4 trips of the suppler will fill up the trap, and in many cases before the station can build enough product to buy at average. Selling resources to the station at any price above average opens the door for NPC traders to sneak in and make the sell first. So trap is full, misses sell opportunities and misses buy opportunities.

Add large capacity transports to the system and park them at selected resource stations. This will buy at near minimum cost and hold them until supply transports pick them up.
The supply transport simply ferries the resource from the source station buyer to consumer station trap.
The trap then sells at average or at most average+1. It doesn't buy the product, that's what the product buyer does.

Timsup2nothin

Re: [X3AP] CLS2 Fab Supply

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 12. Mar 16, 08:38

NZ-Jaded wrote: Trap freighter Waypoints:

NPC Fab:
Fly to station
Sell R1, almost max price, max cargo sapce
Sell R2, almost max price, max cargo sapce
Sell R3, almost max price, max cargo sapce
Buy P1, average price, max cargo space
Supply Freighter waypoints:

trap freighter - load R1, max cargo
               - unload R1 up to 3000
buy points for R1 average price, max cargo
trap freighter unload R1, max cargo
[repeat for R2 + R3]
I expect that the suppler will go buy R1 if the trap does not have a full load then check for R2 and R3.

Problem, fills up with resources leaving no space for the product buys, product price falls below average and NPC traders make the buy.
Okay....looking at your code here...

The first waypoint on the supply freighter it loads from the trap, then unloads to the trap...then it goes to buy. It is going to buy every time, because it just unloaded so it is empty. What you need is this:

waypoint, trap, load R1 max cargo

waypoints, suppliers, buy R1, price you choose

waypoint, trap, unload R1 up to however many units make 3000 cargo

repeat for other resources
This way it loads from the trap, can't buy because it is full, then unloads to the trap...UNLESS the trap is down on that resource. If it IS down on the resource the supply freighter has room to process the buy points so it will check prices and go make a buy if it can.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Timsup2nothin

Re: [X3AP] CLS2 Fab Supply

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 12. Mar 16, 08:41

NZ-Jaded wrote: Also 2nd question.

I'm getting into bootlegging around OmLy, I load the Still in Nymia's Hideout but when I use generate waypoints for the selling locations, none show up. I use range 5 centered on OmLy and I know (from manual exploration) that there are Pirate bases in Circle of Labour and Nathan's Voyage that buy at max...
Generate waypoints recognizes docks (pirate bases are docks) as sellers, not buyers. So you have to use generate waypoints with a BUY command, then edit them individually into sell waypoints. Tedious, but just the way it works.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

NZ-Jaded
x4

Post by NZ-Jaded » Sat, 12. Mar 16, 09:00

Cheers Tim, thought it was something simple like that but couldn't quite work it out..

PS. Have loved your guides and DiDs.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 12. Mar 16, 20:03

Thanks. Glad I could help.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”