Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 12:12

McCabe fired

I suspect that one might end up in court.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 12:33

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43439731

I don't get this. He claims the affair never happened, now he sues her for $20m and files a restraining order? hmmm.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 12:41

Back to Trump's ethics. Media is catching on to his "Anything is okay until your caught" morality schema. Plus now they are openly calling him a pathological lier and bringing out the shrinks. As for McCabe that was bound to happen since he displeased the boss.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 12:55

Sessions the Goblin King is a rotten swine..
He should not be in office..

- to sack McCabe just 24hours before his retirement is as low as it gets.. :evil:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:04

Well as the #2 in the FBI Trump wanted someone more to his liking in the position and to send a message to the FBI. eg: The wrath of the prince is death. Or put another way, no matter what Mueller finds you'd better leave me and mine alone and bow to me not him.

Rather than debating the ethics of firing McCabe hours from his retirement Trump is saying, "This is a great day for democracy".
...HUH? :headbang: That's not in any definition of the word Democracy in any dictionary I ever read. :roll:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:31

Putin is probably the biggest thief the world has ever seen..
Donald Trump admires Putin's ability to loot the state, and seeks to do likewise..
- it's all about the money..

Donald Trump should be removed from office without further delay..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 16:13

Well it looks like second civil war has just swapped it's first shots with pundents for Trump praising the McCabe firing and lambasting the Mueller probes saying it should end while the other side like Obama's ex-Cia chief lambasting Trump's "moral turpitude".

It appears Mueller is so close that everyone is pulling out the stops.

I have this sinking feeling that Trump might decide the constitution is not in his best interest. :P
MIND THE GAP

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 19:09

Trump is dumping hard on McCabe, Comey, the FBI the Justice Department... everyone in Federal law-enforcement.

This is not A Good Thing ™ for him to do.

Trump reminds me of "that guy" at the party, who's drunk off his ass, yet insists that he be the one that talks to the cops when they show up due to noise complaints from the neighbors...

I don't think this is going to end well for him.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 19:59

I'll ammend that M. It won't end up well for any of us.
I remember the downhill slide the US took after Nixon.
The one thing I can't see Trump saying is "I am not a crook".
Nixon bowed out. Trump's not going that route.
This is open warfare against the FBI because
they are his biggest threat.
Now think on the fact that the President of the U. S.'s
biggest threat is the F.B.I? :? :o.

I misjudged. This is much worse than Nixon's "Friday Massacre".
:thumb_down:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 21:00

Humorous discourse from P J O'Rourke - last March
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wjCAFPxDiE

- prescient reporting here from Keith Olbermann in August 2017
The Trump Resignation End-Game? | The Resistance with Keith Olbermann | GQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6FGJ8foGg

- this gives some background to current events regarding the investigation into Trump's Russian dealings - from September 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV2S7oCmG_c

- Professor Painter speaks clearly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpGg937R3B8

- brilliant! :lol:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 12:59

I heard some commentary this morning that seemed to indicate that some political pundits think that Trump may be trying to set up a Mueller firing for this week.

If that happens...

I remember Nixon and a bit of Watergate, despite having no interest in such things at the time. I do remember how I felt, though, as a "citizen" when I heard that "our President" had basically grossly abused his power and would have been a convicted criminal if he hadn't resigned.

That feeling is something I don't wish on the young people growing up in our country, today.

Honestly, I think that some in Washington feel the same way and want to prevent a terrible, embarrassing, controversy like that, no matter what Trump may have actually done. I feel that some of them would accept any injustice in order to prevent that loss of dignity for the office of the President.

Having "a cigar" in the Oval Office is one thing, but working with a foreign power... or being manipulated by it, well that's quite different.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 13:34

I've got to agree with you there M. I think everybody in the US can well do without where this is bound to lead. Face the Nation and Meet the Press are on today in about 3 hours. It's going to be an interesting watch in the Chinese vernacular.

Where it headed now is anyone with an iota of ethics is being systematically weeded out and those with ethics more in line with Trump's (This is what a GOP pundent called it last night on CNN) Business Centered Ethical Center ( :? ) are being put in their place.
MIND THE GAP

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 14:02

There aren't any "rules" anymore... "Ethics?" What's that? It's what Trump says it is, that's what it is.

Well, at least according to Trump.

But, there are still good people somewhere in Washington. You can't have that many people in one place without some good people being there, right?

Oh... Uh... Ooops?

Seriously, though - Trump thinks he's "shaking up things" and he may very well be doing that and benefiting from it. But, eventually, the instability will backfire. "Predictability" is a valuable asset for negotiations, alliances, understanding...

He's castrating himself as President. He will end up being a non-player and may as well throw the darn Presidential "Bully Pulpit" in the Chesapeake.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 14:30

Great picture. Looks like the "Madhouse on the Chesapeake." Think you nailed where it's headed. Wonder what the Babylonians would think of DC?
MIND THE GAP

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 14:35

Hank001 wrote:...Wonder what the Babylonians would think of DC?
That they had been invaded by Rome... :)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 16:46

Vastly disappointing day on the major pol talk shows. I think the major broadcast networks are steering clear of the real issues. When Face the Nation settles for interviewing Republicans on Trump's talks with N. Korea and the consensus on McCabe is the he had it coming tells me the word got to them. 50-50 that 60 min airing interview with "Stormy" tonight doesn't happen or so the other 2 networks I get say. CBS is mum and not running 60 min adds. Wish my cable was working. I'll be CNN is having a field day.
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 00:57

Hank001 wrote:Great picture. Looks like the "Madhouse on the Chesapeake." Think you nailed where it's headed. Wonder what the Babylonians would think of DC?

- They'd probably go with AC, just to be contrary.. :lol:

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 04:16

Do you think he is going to go after Mueller to sack him and try and close down the investigation, as that seems to be what a lot of people seem to think he is gearing up to do. A lot of them are saying if he does it will be the beginning of the end but I think they are just saying that to scare him into not doing it.

I think he is spending far too much time and energy on trying to close and stop the investigation. If there is nothing there why do it. I don't know if it's collusion with Russia or not but there is something there that he does not want anyone to find out about for sure. If there is something he is hiding, I don't think he has any other option but to try and shut the investigation down in a last ditch attempt to save his ass.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 04:24

With Trump, it's hard to say. If he doesn't have anything to hide, why not just let the investigation proceed without concern. On the other hand, Trump may see this as a personal affront and as an opportunity to stir-up his supporters over the indignity of dissent.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 08:58

"Trump's base". From what I'm hearing he lost a chunk when he flipped on the NRA. The've gone quiet to stock up ammuntion, bump stocks and canned food in preparation for the zombie apocalypse. The religious far right is burning the airwaves saying they were dupped into voting for the antichrist and the only thing that can save you now is sent a "love offering" to the broadcaster. The GOP's far right is pushing forward Rand Paul of Kentucky as their "Teaparty" mouthpiece, but they were saying from the start that the FBI is too full of liberals "Too politically motivated by the leftist agenda". Kentucy is less than 60 miles south of here and several light years distant. Trump seems to shedding support by tossing the strongest rowers from the lifeboat. In the mean time both Russia and China are concentrating cyber attacks against US power grid.

In other words, until Trump pulls another boner it's a fairly dull news cycle. :roll:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “Off Topic English”