Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 16:33

- a reminder of Trump's abuse of office - from last April..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDWCgOUqq8c

- his abuse of the Trump Foundation's so-called "charitable" status has been referred to the IRS for further investigation..

- dreadful behaviour.. :o :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 16:42

@ BugMeister

Just have to inject this: April showers bring May Flowers...

:roll:

And it's obviously outright nonsense! Why would Trump have to PAY for something that MILLIONS of people are practically queued up to do?

I'd go so far that when he dies his grave is going to have to be declared a public restroom. (You only THINK that's a joke in poor taste now... just watch.) :shock:
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 16:44

- it has a circus-like quality..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BefoApqJ3wo

- know your Replicants:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6SxaduiX2U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcn_B_KosL8

- the undercurrents swirl dangerously, though.. :o :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:09

@ BugMeister

As much as Trump might deserve impeachment, it really has all the effect of a slap on the back of the hand. Look at Clinton's impeachment... ZZZZ. Really kicking Trump out of office is nearly impossible. The Democrats know what comes around goes around and that efforts to impeach Trump might well brook a flurry of executive orders amounting to self protection that might actually stand up to alleals to the present supreme court. Poof. Instant end to the democractic process.

That having been said the Republicans know how slim a backing they really have and how quickly Trump can be prodded into doing something REALLY stupid with dire repercussions (eg: Child separations) and any sort of personal attack of the magnitude of imeachment hearings might push Trump over the edge.

This is one reason the Republicans are dreading what Mueller might finally report. The question how will Trump react? Since his tactic so far has been to double down and attack twice as hard as hit, then YOU tell me how's he's going to deal with a threat like impeachment? Since by executive orders so far signed he is moving towards giving himself dictatorial power?

It will not be pretty and might well end up fatal. Dangerous undercurrents indeed.
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:22

the matter of Jeff Session's recusal from enquiries into foreign involvement in the US election of 2016, should be re-visited
- the very act of recusal proves his "knowing-ness" of intent.. :?

- if he had any conscience at all, he ought to have resigned his office..

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 18:02

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 18:11

clakclak wrote: I am German and I am not sure what you are on about. If you mean the apocoplyse that was prophesied in 2015 because we took in the Syrian refugees, than I have to inform you it didn't happen yet.
And ... no one said anything about an Apocalypse? Again, it seems you're trying to dramatize for effect here. No, not apocalypse, but you can't deny there were a clear and sharp turn before and after your country took in the refugee.

Right before, I remember how proud Germany and its leaders were about doing their god given duty of taking in the refugee, I remember your country even shamed other EU's nation for not doing what they're supposed to. A few months later what happened? Tension started rising, report coming in multiples cities about problem. And it went beyond just heresaying, isn't there is a town somewhere in your country built a 12ft tall wall to separate the refugee from the resident? But IMO the most telling is the prize Merkel and her coalition paid for in term of political capital in the election after match. I wouldn't say Merkel did a 180 turns, but it was definitely more than 90 turn comparing to her cheery narrative right before the refugee situation. It's telling not because of her government lost a good chunk power, it's telling because the Germany voters - your people - sent a fairly clear message about how displease they are. Again, just like I told observe, those people who disagree with you, they may not be vocal, they may not be on the poll, and for your country those constitute the minor or majority, the fact of the matter is there are enough of them to make the difference.

Now, imagine Merkel's government is - or used to be - the most stable and strongest coalition among Europe in the last decade, while other nations switching seat of power like changing clothe with the incumbent tend to hang in there with their teeth. I bet they looked at what happened to her and know they shouldn't try to temp fate.

And it goes back to what I was saying in that first message you quote, you try to solve a short term problem with brute force, you'll invite more problem and pressure down the line. In fact, I dare say you do more harm then good with short term thinking. Remember I said Germany were berating other countries? Yet what happened right after is the best evidence those who on the other side of the fence need to show other that they were vindicated. You hurt the cause more than you helped in the long run.

Edit: more spelling error then usual :shock:
Last edited by Mightysword on Thu, 21. Jun 18, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 19:30

Speaking of Trump and Germany and all since I'm setting here waiting for the Department of Homeland Security to drop by to arrest me for not kowtowing low enough to our Supreme Leader, did you hear our Supreme Leader's gift to the German leader during the G7 summit?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/n ... story.html

Yum Yum. (Hope he gets "Skittles Pox") :P

(CBS News Video URL):

https://youtu.be/VKjlPty36a8
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:10

Hank001 wrote:Speaking of Trump and Germany and all since I'm setting here waiting for the Department of Homeland Security to drop by to arrest me for not kowtowing low enough to our Supreme Leader, did you hear our Supreme Leader's gift to the German leader during the G7 summit?

(CBS News Video URL):

https://youtu.be/VKjlPty36a8
Daily News wrote:Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.
Looks like they are having problems abiding to the new EU privacy laws. So we including Germans can't read that story.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:25

Hank001 wrote:Speaking of Trump and Germany and all since I'm setting here waiting for the Department of Homeland Security to drop by to arrest me for not kowtowing low enough to our Supreme Leader, did you hear our Supreme Leader's gift to the German leader during the G7 summit?

Oh, Lord... Starburst?

I'm reminded of Obama's "State Gift" to the UK Prime Minister that was "less than Stately." Something like a DVD of a popular TV/Movie series or something? A "State Gift" is a solemn thing. It's something of significance. The desk in the Oval Office of the President of the United States was a "State Gift" from Queen Victoria. (Depending on whether or not the current President chooses that one, since there are several different choices.)

So, yeah, a State Gift is supposed to be A Big Deal.

What sort of "State Gifts" would Trump give out?

"One free weekend get-a-way stay at the Trump "La Plaza Motel" in Detroit, Michigan. One free use of in-suite "massaging bed" included!"

"Fifteen Percent off coupon for buy one/get one free deal for Lowe's Home Improvement dual-pack rolls of masking tape."

"One, free, autographed picture of President Donald Trump." (Not actually autographed President by Donald Trump.)

/sigh

That this President is not "Presidential" can't be argued about. Chucking a Starburst on a table during international negotiations and then making a quip about it is... not Presidential. There's a question of respect. Respect for the office, respect for the gathering, respect for oneself and others and a demeanor that commands respect. If one holds to these things, one is acknowledged as being in a position of leadership by one's peers.

Trump does not have a "Command Presence." He's too used to not having to cultivate those skills.

Merkel should send him a "State Gift" of a box of powdered instant Knödel mix by means of reply. (The traditional German State Gift of "take Europe",has gone out of style, lately. ;) )

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:27

@ felter

Thanks for heads up. Hope the video explains the context.

Here's the "punchline" of the affair:

NY Daily News:
“At that point he stood up, he put his hand in his suit jacket pocket and he took two Starburst candies out, threw them on the table, and said to Merkel, ‘Here, Angela, don’t say I never gave you anything,'” Bremmer explained.
I'm actually surprised that with the other G7 members putting. m in that position that Trump didn't hit her with his chair to prove how tough he was. (look up Trump with WWE for context there) :P
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:35

Morkonan wrote: What sort of "State Gifts" would Trump give out?

"One free weekend get-a-way stay at the Trump "La Plaza Motel" in Detroit, Michigan. One free use of in-suite "massaging bed" included!"

"Fifteen Percent off coupon for buy one/get one free deal for Lowe's Home Improvement dual-pack rolls of masking tape."

"One, free, autographed picture of President Donald Trump." (Not actually autographed President by Donald Trump.)
Trump giving out something for free, it'll never happen, hell he doesn't even give his charity money away to charities or even buy his wife a birthday present. So Angela Merkel should count herself lucky to even get a starburst from him, they should actually frame them and put them on public display for the rest of the world to see.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:38

not sure about the context/background of the whole story, but the gist i got was that the G7 reached some kind of verbal agreement and when it was put on paper at the end Trump refused to sign it - is this mostly correct or am i mistaken there?

PS i am in favour of putting these candies in a museum as "the only good thing Trump gave to Germany" or something like this :D
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:41

@ felter

Yeah I already posted the news that the state of New York is sueing him for using the Trump Foundation "chatities" as his the family's own piggy bank. Trump retorted that it payed out more than it took in.... (?) Which is sort of stupid since it points to just what New York dug up. Basically money laundering.

Edit @ unitrader

That's about the size of it. It boils down to now being the G6 and Trump wanting to form a new "Axis Powers" out of "strong contries"
like Russia, China and N. Korea.
Last edited by Hank001 on Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
MIND THE GAP

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:45

I think I may be dreaming that I'm posting this*. I guess we'll see if it's still here when I wake up.

*FLOTUS' choice of jacket
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:54

Rapier wrote:I think I may be dreaming that I'm posting this*. I guess we'll see if it's still here when I wake up.

*FLOTUS' choice of jacket
I don't think she's making a surreptitious comment regarding the immigration situation. She, according to reports, has been outspoken to her husband on this matter.

But, it may not be beyond the pale to suggest she was making a statement, of sorts, regarding her own situation. I know I'm making an assumption and attributing something to someone that may, in fact, be false, but there is a tendency for very notable celebrities and powerful people to make everything "something about them." There has been no lack of focus on her marital relationship with the President and then there's the question of health concerns. She may have been making a statement regarding those things rather than what would obviously be an unforgivable quip about immigration policies. She is, after all, an immigrant and "naturalized citizen" herself.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:55

@ Rapier

Jeez! When Fox News comments about it...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/580039149000 ... show-clips

Morkonan's right, it just wasn't like her to try something like that in that venue. So it makes me ask 2 questions:

1. Was wearing it her choice or a condition to letting her do the visit?

2. Who on her staff had THAT briight idea?
MIND THE GAP

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 23:12

Morkonan wrote: There has been no lack of focus on her marital relationship with the President and then there's the question of health concerns.
That part was cringe and mess up, especially when you see proper media acting like backroom tabloid. For those of you from UK, it's similar to the crap the Sun put out whenever it speculate about someone. :shock:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 23:18

The jacket thing is bizarre and inappropriate no matter what kind of 'slant' ones puts on it.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 23:25

Mightysword wrote:
clakclak wrote: I am German and I am not sure what you are on about. If you mean the apocoplyse that was prophesied in 2015 because we took in the Syrian refugees, than I have to inform you it didn't happen yet.
And ... no one said anything about an Apocalypse?[...]
German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung (known among other things for relasing the Paradise Papers) on the 30th of November 2015: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/flue ... duced=true. You have to trust me here that "Fluechtlinge/Flüchtlinge" translates to refugees and "Apokalypse" translates to Apocalypse.
Mightysword wrote:Again, it seems you're trying to dramatize for effect here. No, not apocalypse, but you can't deny there were a clear and shaft turn before and after your country took in the refugee.
In political discourse? Yes. The crime rate is the lowest it has since 1992 though. Altough crime by immigrants is up a bit (however not strongly).
Mightysword wrote:Right before, I remember how proud Germany and its leaders was about doing their god given duty of taking in the refugee, I even remember your country even shame other EC's nation for not doing what they're supposed to. A few months later what happened? Tension started rising, report coming in multiples cities about problem.
Seems only normal to me. Things always seem easy at first and than turn out to be not that easy.
Mightysword wrote:And it went beyond just heresaying, isn't there is a town somewhere in your country built a 12ft tall wall to separate the refugee from the resident?
I couldn't find anything about a town building a wall against refugees, but it is certainly possiable. Taking a look at groups like "civil defense Freital"(Bürgerwehr Freital), which became a lot more popular recently, I wouldn't put it past them to build a wall. (The group is illegal now because they commited a bomb attack against a refugee home, threatend and attacked members of „Pro Asyl“ and some other stuff.) Similar groups like the „White Wolves Terror Crew” (Weisse Wölfe Terrorcrew) and “Oldschool Society” have certainly been on the rise.

Mightysword wrote:But IMO the most telling is the prize Merkel and her coalition paid for in term of political capital in the election after match. I wouldn't say Merkel did a 180 turns, but it was definitely more than 90 turn comparing to her cheery narrative right before the refugee situation. It's telling not because of her government lost a good chunk power, it's telling because the Germany voters - your people - sent a fairly clear message about how displease they are.
Yes. I didn't vote for Merkel either. :)
Mightysword wrote:Again, just like I told observe, those people who disagree with you, they may not be vocal, they may not be on the poll, and for your country those constitute the minor or majority, the fact of the matter is there are enough of them to make the difference.
The people who disagree with me are VERY vocal about it. :D
Mightysword wrote:Now, imagine Merkel's government is - or used to be - the most stable and strongest coalition among Europe in the last decay, when other nations switching seat of power like changing clothe with the incumbent tend to hang in there with their teeth. I bet they looked at what happened to her and know they shouldn't try to temp fate.
Merkel's government was and still is also extremly stagnate. I absolutely loathe the great Coalition, it would be tolerable for one term, but not like this.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Return to “Off Topic English”