Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 14:33

@ BugMeister
I can see Trump taking one of those BS tests in some magazine and thinking "Hey I'm a genius! Think I'll take over the world!"
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 15:08

Hank001 wrote:@ BugMeister
I can see Trump taking one of those BS tests in some magazine and thinking "Hey I'm a genius! Think I'll take over the world!"
One major problem with that, you are assuming that Trump has read a magazine, a man who reportedly has trouble reading an A4 sheet of paper with a daily report on it, without his name plastered all over it.

No I see it more like the family are on a plane doing a long distance flight.

Eric says, hey Dad, come and do this IQ test online. We've all done it and we all have an IQ of 165. You do it so we can see what yours is.
Trump face goes white, it's even visible through the orange spray paint he is wearing, violently shaking his head he grumbles, you know I don't do computers.
Eric refuses to just give up, he gives Don jr a jab to the ribs, OH come on dad it's only for fun.
Don jr joins in, yeah come on Dad we've all done it, you do it too I'm sure your IQ will be way higher than our 165.
Ivanka decides to throw in, she curls up to her daddy wrapping and arm around his, she flutters her eyelids at her father while squeezing her arms around his, do it for me daddy she says, I'll even let you play with my boobs later if you do and we'll read the questions to you, all you have to do is answer them.
Of course the getting to play with Ivanka' boobs again is the clincher, he does so love her boobs. OKAY ill do it.
four hours later they finally finish the 10 minute test, in a surprised voice Eric squeaks. WOW that's amazing dad even you have an IQ of 165, it must run in the family, the funny thing is, you got all the questions wrong.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 15:25

@felter.

Wrong answers? On a test? That's so last century. Don't want to cause ill feelings. The proper way to do it is to award the prize to everyone who took part. All the kids are "smart." That's the modern way.
Last edited by brucewarren on Sun, 22. Jul 18, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 15:29

What is at the root of Trump's problems is a basic lack of humility.

Goodness knows, he's already a genius, so he doesn't have to learn anything new.

He's already been a captain of industry[1], so he didn't need to learn his new job.

He accepts whatever fits his self-chosen narrative, and rejects whatever does not.

Therefore an IQ test that showed that he was a genius would automatically be accepted as gospel truth; conversely if the test revealed a lack, he'd naturally blame the test rather than his own abilities.

[1] Never mind that he wasn't an especially SUCCESSFUL one, having lost almost as much as he's earned, but we'll leave that aside. :)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 16:26

brucewarren wrote:@felter.

Wrong answers? On a test? That's so last century. Don't want to cause ill feelings. The proper way to do it is to award the prize to everyone who took part. All the kids are "smart." That's the modern way.
That's exactly what I said.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 16:54

Had to be the shortest church sevice I ever attended outside of service. Had a boycott by those thinking the pastor has it in for Trump. About 3/4 didn't show up. Pastor says they heard what they wanted to hear and didn't get the message. The message was that lies are lies and the commandments should tell us lies aren't okay.

Since Trump seems to be the biggest lier in American history I'd guess that it was directed at him as much as the new (newer) thought that being told lies on a daily is okay. I never thought so, but I'd guess that's why my butt was on the pew today.

It's really sad when the littlest thing that even something like saying "lies are lies and are bad" works out to a political statement.
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 17:15

They just can't handle the truth, that is all it is.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 17:38

@ felter
Amen Brother!
That and a push to turn about the most apolitical church in the US into another fundimentalist mess.
And the fact that the more leftist members already left because we weren't making enough noise against the government's turn to the right.

I'll talk politics all day, but religion should be ones own concern and my faith doesn't go in all this proselytizing going on and would laugh at anyone you'd said you'd go.to hell if you didn't believe what we do.
Guess that's why were so big in interfaith organizations.

Only hitch is it seems to be all about taking sides and telling the other side to go to hell. I'm setting here over coffee with the pastor, my cousin asking "what the heck is happening?" Was reading out of this thread and others. Were coming to the conclusion that God got lost in the shuffle.
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 17:52

I had words with another American a while back, he didn't like that I said one of the biggest problems with American politics is that it is run by religion, he was adamant that there was no religion in American politics, that it wasn't allowed. Yet everywhere I look American government is run by two things, religion and industry/factions, both of which have their own agendas none of which are in the best interests of the American population.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 18:00

@ felter
So true and I'm surpised that you didn't come to blows with the sod.
The worst sorts are the first ones that let religion guide their politics and the last ones to admit it does. The one thing I liked about trips to England, Scotland and Wales (besides it being the ancestral homeland) was that people only had ironclad and fervent views over their chosen football teams and moderate views on who was setting in #10.
MIND THE GAP

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 18:15

felter wrote:I had words with another American a while back, he didn't like that I said one of the biggest problems with American politics is that it is run by religion.
Many people have religious faith. This naturally spills over into politics; in spite of quaint ideas like Separation of Church and State. I don't think it's so much a problem of people being religious, as it is people abandoning reason, in favor of blind faith in religious authorities. The words 'divinely inspired' have probably caused more grief than any others in the history of language.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 18:22

Observe stated forthrightly:
Many people have religious faith. This naturally spills over into politics; in spite of quaint ideas like Separation of Church and State. I don't think it's so much a problem of people being religious, as it is people abandoning reason, in favor of blind faith in religious authorities. The words 'divinely inspired' have probably caused more grief than any others in the history of language.
Read your post out to cous here. Got a :thumb_up: from us both.
:D
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 20:36

For anybody with a lot of time on their hands:-

https://vault.fbi.gov/d1-release/d1-release/view

EDIT: It's about Certer Page.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 21:13

@ ResisterMe

Jeez! Did you catch those euphimisms that obviously refer to Trump!

And the redactions spoke as loud as anything they didn't redact!

Fully expect Trump to fly off the handle next week and go on the
old "No Collusion", "Witch Hunt, and "Fake News" binge and slam the FBI as biased even harder than usual. Probably call this leaking even though it came from a Freedom of Information Act request.
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 21:42

Hank001 wrote:Fully expect Trump to fly off the handle next week and go on the old "No Collusion", "Witch Hunt, and "Fake News" binge and slam the FBI as biased even harder than usual. Probably call this leaking even though it came from a Freedom of Information Act request.
Too late, it happened already :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 21:48

Register Me noted:
Too late, it happened already Smile.
Took him long enough! :D

Just found out that notifications kick the .pdf download of it back to zero and I don't know what sever the FBI uses, but it must be the slowest one they have. Or everybody and their mother is downloading it!
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 21:57

this is from a year ago..
- get that, A YEAR AGO..!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r32CxeWTs1c

- collusion?
- that ain't the half of it..!! :o :o

Robert Reich outlines matters historical:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRk1moc-Dw8
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 00:18

BugMeister linked:
Robert Reich outlines matters historical:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRk1moc-Dw8

When Robert shows up next semester too give a lecture I'll tell
him his videos are getting around. :D :thumb_up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Reich

Always makes a memorable appearance here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Simo ... _Institute

Here's a good one of Robert's

Constitutional Crisis: (On what would create them)

https://youtu.be/rYVgbRYp_5s

How to prevent future Trumps:

https://youtu.be/F_OxSZp1m_4

Is Trump a Traitor? (Explains the question)

https://youtu.be/TKxUgQ24nIY
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 01:20

Humpy Trumpy wanted a great wall.
Humpy Trumpy will have a great fall.
All the fools Lawyers and all the fools men.
won't be able to put Trumpy together again.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 17:44

After reading the full FISA court order on Carter Page and from what's pouring out of the White House the scheme isn't that hard to
figure out. Trump is playing his base (and the media) like a fiddle.
Page is obviously well briefed on what to say and do. Trump's calling everything real a hoax and the only tip off is the waiving of the attorney client privileges involved which Trump would never do if it wasn't exactly what Trump wants. A diversion from the Helsinki debacle. The questions being asked and the fallout from Helsinki was leading to places Trump didn't want to go and nobody was buying his sudden 180's and attempts at redactions.

So toss a circus out there with Trump the ringmaster. He points to the circus and calls the entire investigation a hoax and witch hunt.
And since Trump and Guiliani and most of Trump's administration have seen the unredacted full warrant and I have no doubt at all that under the redactions there's some flaw in FISA procedure that Trump wants found. This puts more doubt on the FBI and as the only single signer of the warrant was Andrew McCabe the ex-deputy director of the FBI already asking for immunity for testimony in the Mueller probe. Thus making him immediately suspect in the mind of Trump's base.

The entire warrant seems a "perfect storm" that fits every aspect of Trump's rhetoric. So it no wonder this is the warrant that was released. Expect this circus to continue to some end that tends to provide Trump with some seeming vindication. Only seeming because instead of lawyers for Page proving the contentions in or pfrocedure of, the warrant itself flawed all they have to do is set and wait and spin the flaws there into their narrative.
MIND THE GAP

Return to “Off Topic English”