Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 18:09

RegisterMe wrote:Spin this Fox.
Easy. "They are Ex spies for a reason, if they really cared for this country they would still be in activ service!"
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 18:13

Fox are also getting a little bit mixed up on what Brennan is talking about when he mentions he may take legal action. They are trying to spin it that he is going to go after getting his security clearance reinstated, but as far as I got it Brennan is more about suing to clear his name. I don't think he is that bothered about losing his clearance, to him it's more about why they are saying he lost it that is bothering him and others.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 18:25

Last week tonight - tarifs/trade war

As we did have this conversation not too long ago, its only fitting to get some factual information, with the added bonus of being funny and sad, but mostly funny.

MFG

Ketraar

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 18:47

RegisterMe wrote:Spin this Fox.
Allow Me ;)

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/08/ ... rance.html

https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... nan-tweet/
But Trump said he would welcome a lawsuit as a chance to use discovery to uncover Brennan’s involvement in allegedly conducting surveillance on his campaign during the 2016 election, which led indirectly to the investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller:

Everybody wants to keep their Security Clearance, it’s worth great prestige and big dollars, even board seats, and that is why certain people are coming forward to protect Brennan. It certainly isn’t because of the good job he did! He is a political “hack.”
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., pointed out that Brennan has a history of unethical actions around classified information and has lied to Congress. Paul stated: “I filibustered Brennan’s nomination to head the CIA in 2013, and his behavior in government and out of it demonstrate why he should not be allowed near classified information”
Top comment at breitbart (im sure some of you will automatically discount it ...never mind ;) )

You should AUTOMATICALLY lose all security clearances when you are no longer employed by the government unless you are specifically allowed to keep it for reasons deemed necessary by the powers that be. It's insane that this isn't the norm!
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 19:17

Even if you assume that it is true that all of these ex intelligence and military chiefs are trading on their security clearance for financial gain (which I don't, by the way), the idea that Trump would call anybody out for benefiting financially from their government connections is the height of hypocrisy.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 20:07

Skism wrote:[...]
Top comment at breitbart (im sure some of you will automatically discount it ...never mind ;) )
[...]
You are right. I will automatically discount anything coming from Breitbart or the Daily Stormer entirely. :)
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 20:14

The pad below Trumps is up for sale for the cheap price of $24.5 million. :o

They don't think Trump or anyone else for that matter, can stop anyone from buying it, so here's hoping a rich black Muslim family buys it. :D

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 21:19

Skism - do you know why they're allowed to "keep their security classification", what that really means and enables? Ignore the news for a moment, what do you think happens with this guys "security clearance"; what does he do with that clearance? How does he use it?

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 22:06

Chips wrote:Skism - do you know why they're allowed to "keep their security classification", what that really means and enables? Ignore the news for a moment, what do you think happens with this guys "security clearance"; what does he do with that clearance? How does he use it?
ME, ME, ME I know, can I answer it, really I know, I want to answer it, pick me I know, I know, ME, ME, ME, I even don't have to look it up as I already know, so pick me. :D

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 22:24

Skism wrote: Top comment at breitbart (im sure some of you will automatically discount it ...never mind ;) )
You should AUTOMATICALLY lose all security clearances when you are no longer employed by the government unless you are specifically allowed to keep it for reasons deemed necessary by the powers that be. It's insane that this isn't the norm!
Regardless of the source, it doesn't make sense to immediately revoke the security clearance of such high ranked officials. Lower level staff, maybe, but not heads of departments. There will be issues that will require a security clearance to discuss, even after they are no longer officially employed by the government.

The reason they still have it they have already been "deemed necessary by the powers that be".

EDIT: That's not to say they won't be read out of sensitive compartments on leaving the employ of the government.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 20. Aug 18, 23:30

Strange tales from the Citadel of Mammon:

Back in 1986, while Thatcher was busily wrecking the economy of the UK, the Sun ( - at that time, the UK's highest selling daily newspaper)
ran the headline: "Freddie Starr ate my hamster" - followed by a completely fabricated story.. - you can imagine the uproar that this caused..

Fox News proprietor, the Lizard of Oz Rupert Murdoch, owns the Sun - so he's very familiar with the
idea of creating diversionary, sensationalist nonsense to deflect public interest from political meddling..

- we have had some pretty shameful conservative governance here, in the UK, in recent years,
but Thatcher's privatisation/trickle-down crap was a truly low point in modern UK history - we have yet to recover..

- consequently, we're used to this sort of garbage.. especially from Dirty Digger Murdoch and the right-wing press (- ie. the Mail, The Telegraph, etc..)
- they were all against the EU right from the word go, with crazy tales of straight bananas, etc..
- they were all very vocally pro-Brexit, and supportive of the proto-fascist, Nigel Farage and UKIP..

- it's all part of the con that Murdoch regularly pulls, to assist bad government..
- they actually pay him to do it.. :o :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 00:15

BugMeister wrote:Strange tales from the Citadel of Mammon:

Back in 1986, while Thatcher was busily wrecking the economy of the UK, the Sun ( - at that time, the UK's highest selling daily newspaper)
ran the headline: "Freddie Starr ate my hamster" - followed by a completely fabricated story.. - you can imagine the uproar that this caused..

Fox News proprietor, the Lizard of Oz Rupert Murdoch, owns the Sun - so he's very familiar with the
idea of creating diversionary, sensationalist nonsense to deflect public interest from political meddling..

- we have had some pretty shameful conservative governance here, in the UK, in recent years,
but Thatcher's privatisation/trickle-down crap was a truly low point in modern UK history - we have yet to recover..

- consequently, we're used to this sort of garbage.. especially from Dirty Digger Murdoch and the right-wing press (- ie. the Mail, The Telegraph, etc..)
- they were all against the EU right from the word go, with crazy tales of straight bananas, etc..
- they were all very vocally pro-Brexit, and supportive of the proto-fascist, Nigel Farage and UKIP..

- it's all part of the con that Murdoch regularly pulls, to assist bad government..
- they actually pay him to do it.. :o :o
Citadel of Mammon ?! :lol:

Thats rich and I don't know where you get the idea that Rubert Murduch is the 'Lizard of OZ'

And trust me the media is most certainly not anti EU from where I stand they are rabidly Pro EU.

but we are getting off topic here with Lizard Kings ;)

-Thomas Paine-

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 00:17

- it's all about the lobbyist takeover of free government
- nowadays you don't invade a country - you just buy it..:D

- it's the only way to negotiate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Qcm24dxaA

Lemmy got it right - eat the rich.. ha, ha!!

:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 00:26

clakclak wrote:
Skism wrote:[...]
[...]
You are right. I will automatically discount anything coming from Breitbart or the Daily Stormer entirely. :)
Right The daily Stormer is a neo nazi website ;)

Brietbart is a right wing news website

Don't get those two mixed up it will get you in Trouble with the the latter as they will be offended at the slur, (they are nominally pro zionist) and the former will likely murder you in an alley given the chance to do so.

I would suggest you don't equate the two ;)

-Thomas Paine-

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 00:34

Chips wrote:Skism - do you know why they're allowed to "keep their security classification", what that really means and enables? Ignore the news for a moment, what do you think happens with this guys "security clearance"; what does he do with that clearance? How does he use it?
Well it means that he can't work in any area of the US federal government that requires clerance

Or if he wants to work in certain PMCs for example that contract for the US government.

And certain consultancies from what I understand.

-Thomas Paine-

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 00:56

Lt. Col. Ralph Peters outlines concern for the future safety of the US political system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEh-jF8CHEQ

Ex-CIA Director John Brennan threatens legal action against Trump:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNxnVV5y1Ek

- there's a continuous mocking tone coming from Fox News..
- adding to the chaos and confusion - like a parade of clowns..

Trump gets a timely reminder from John Dean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLqy3fWFFH4

meanwhile, the Elliott Broidy saga continues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJ81maf1G0

- there's trouble brewing.. :o :o

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 01:58

BugMeister wrote:...- there's trouble brewing.. :o :o
Trump is simply picking fights that he doesn't have to fight.

See... That's not smart.

If you don't have to fight something, then don't. It makes it much easier to dedicated assets to fighting something that really matters if it comes up.

But, Trump lashes out at everyone and everything, which means he's dumping a lot of energy into useless tasks. And, more importantly, he's expending assets he may need, later.

For instance, he withdrew a security clearance because he was throwing a tantrum and now he's basically alienated the entire intelligence community. Or, at least, every senior retired intelligence official that is still alive... Just ONE of those could have possibly served a use for him, willingly, in a fight he actually needed to fight that was meaningful and useful.

But, now that asset, if it ever existed, has been thrown away or spent on a useless manchild tantrum a smart man wouldn't have chosen.

Every politician needs the support of the "Moderates." Trump has lost most of this formal political "Moderate" support already and is only keeping the moderates that could still be in his base by continually feeding them brown messy stuff that comes out of bulls... When he runs out of BS, what then? What moderates are going to speak out in support of him, then?

What going to happen when he lines his supporters up behind the podium and the only ones there are wearing tinfoil hats and have been convicted of trying to fornicate with their neighbor's cat after mistaking it for an outer-space-alien... Credibility? Probably not.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 02:41

The subject of this piece about the Donald should go without saying, but I guess you can call it a "class struggle". :P

Americans want their President to have a little class:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/ ... ity-class/

(And that's really what they got. A President with little class :rant: )
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 02:50

Skism wrote:
Well it means that he can't work in any area of the US federal government that requires clerance

Or if he wants to work in certain PMCs for example that contract for the US government.

And certain consultancies from what I understand.
LOL, clueless.

Now go and look it up.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 21. Aug 18, 03:35

Here's Anderson Cooper wrapping up today's trip down the rabbit hole:

https://youtu.be/ZUU1Vd2E3DY

Makes me wonder; If Trump can revoke clearances, can the Queen revoke Giuliani's KBE? (On the grounds of mental incompetence)
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “Off Topic English”