Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 18. May 17, 15:36

Usenko wrote:Impeachment does not depend on what Trump has done. By now he's probably racked up plenty of excuses (strong and weak) for enemies to impeach him.

The question, instead, is how large a group can see impeachment as within their narrow self-interests. At this stage, the Democrats are in too great disarray, and the Republicans (for now) are better served with him in place.
A thing to note with Impeachment.
No President has EVER been impeached.

Nixon probably would have been but jumped before he was pushed. In both the other cases (Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson) the result of the attempted impeachment was entirely predicable if you just split the votes purely down party lines . . . . which was with a few wiggles almost exactly how they played out.
Currently the Republicans control both the House and the Senate, if Trump (a Republican President) was impeached under such circumstances. . . . . well wow, it would certainly make history and it would make him literally the worst President the US has EVER had by a frankly huge margin.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Thu, 18. May 17, 15:42

A president almost as bad as the phone call to the aussie pm?
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 18. May 17, 16:24

http://secondnexus.com/politics-and-eco ... b07d40d40a

Ha, they keep trying to pull the same "Fake News" trick, only to have it collapse within hours. Will they never learn?

WaPo: "You said this"
GoP: “That never happened.”
WaPo: "We have a recording"
GoP: "Oh in that case. . . . ummmm it was joke!"
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 18. May 17, 17:32

About this Fake News thing...

Trouble is, as credible as they try to make themselves seem, the US mainstream press seem to have mostly become an entertainment service first and a news service second.

As an entertainment service, thet are of course beholding to advertisers and sponsors, so the truth has taken a backseat for many of them for a long time, in some cases far too long.

This doesn't exactly help their credibility. Obviously I'm generalising. I've seen some very good news services, but I've seen some godawful ones too.

But the godawful ones don't seem to realise how bad they are, and still think they are the good news services they once were.

So these are the people reporting on the President, and they don't like him shouting out Fake News! all the time.

But exactly how wrong is he on that? Maybe on specific stories he's wrong, but they do spout a lot of sponsored garbage, so that's pretty much fake news.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 18. May 17, 17:34

Ironically, though, Fox News, which is by far the worst of them, actually supports Trump--he can do no wrong in their eyes.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Thu, 18. May 17, 17:49

haven't they just had to fire two of their most ardent Trump supporting hosts though?

I don't watch any Fox News, I must admit, I prefer my fiction clearly labelled as such.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 18. May 17, 18:03

mrbadger wrote:haven't they just had to fire two of their most ardent Trump supporting hosts though?

I don't watch any Fox News, I must admit, I prefer my fiction clearly labelled as such.
its more then 2, they recently fired 5 people

http://conservative101.com/breaking-fox ... e-details/

seems to be a major shake-up.
=

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 18. May 17, 18:22

So yesterday Trump was okay with a special investigation and was looking forward to a quick outcome, obviously that wasn't him as he has been let loose onto Twitter and has posted:
Trump Twitter wrote: "With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign and the Obama Administration, there was never a special councel [sic] appointed,"
Pay attention to the word councel he later changed it to the correct spelling of counsel.

Also:
Trump Twitter wrote: "This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,"
BBC wrote: On Wednesday, Mr Trump said no politician in history "has been treated worse or more unfairly" than himself.
That's because no other politician in history has made so many screw ups in such a short time, and then couldn't keep their foot out of their mouth like he does.

Everyone is to blame apart from the person who is to blame, he is his own worst enemy and doesn't even know it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Thu, 18. May 17, 20:56

So according to the Washington Post, the classified information was related to a threat detected that uses laptops or tablets with explosives inside to try and bring down comercial airlines. Reason for the sudden ban of those items in airplanes.

It was reported by the Washington Post in March, citing bomb maker Ibrahim al-Asiri as possibly the person responsible for it, he is the main bomb maker for Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (Yemen), so I presume the key allied that provided the information was probably Saudi Arabia as they did when he tried to blow two cargo planes with bombs disguised as toner cartridges

So the classified information was already actioned by the laptop ban and pretty much made public, hard to imagine that Russian intelligence analysts will fail to deduce why the sudden laptop ban, or the terrorists fail to notice it. So it is old and already used intelligence.

The issue of sharing third party intelligence with Russia in this case seems minor to me as so much of it is already public, another point of concern is that Trump disclosed the location where the threat was detected, but that only confirms the presence of an intelligence asset in that area and something that will be suspected anyway by ISIS.

Personally I am putting the titular Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador down as clickbait.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 18. May 17, 21:58

I just found this. I thought I'd share :D
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59B3C918
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Thu, 18. May 17, 22:06

felter wrote:
Trump Twitter wrote: "This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history,"
BBC wrote: On Wednesday, Mr Trump said no politician in history "has been treated worse or more unfairly" than himself.
Damn it! Why's he have to give up ranting in all caps? That would have made my prophecy come true! ... To explain - Way back in February I left this post here:
Golden_Gonads wrote:... I'm counting down the days till we get an ALL-CAPS tweet about how no other President has had it as hard as he has.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 18. May 17, 22:37

Santi wrote: So the classified information was already actioned by the laptop ban and pretty much made public, hard to imagine that Russian intelligence analysts will fail to deduce why the sudden laptop ban, or the terrorists fail to notice it. So it is old and already used intelligence.
Which is entirely irrelevant. Trump was given a piece of information which the source specifically did not want to be given to Russia, and he blabbed it to their ambassador and a guy who is pretty much known to be the biggest spy around. It doesn't matter if that information could be easily deduced, or was no longer relevant--he was given a secret that was not his to share, and he shared it anyway.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 18. May 17, 23:28

Back then it was just some more BS from Trump, now it is comedy classics.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 19. May 17, 14:28

- people should differentiate between the term "the Russians" and concentrate instead on Putin and the shady oligarchs that surround him..

- a good many Russians are as shocked and amazed as the rest of us - they should NOT all be tarred with the same brush....
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 19. May 17, 21:41

He really is the gift that keeps on giving..... "Breaking news" (ie not coherent or complete yet) that he "told the Russians that Comey was a nut job and that pressure was greatly eased after his firing".

You really couldn't make this up.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 19. May 17, 22:14

The BBC has a story title:
BBC wrote:Advice for Trump on his first trip overseas
As soon as I saw it I thought, my advice, Don't go back home. :D

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 20. May 17, 05:04

The Donnie Trump Review Show is currently on a world tour
they're playing a date at the Odeon in Vatican City
full orchestra and choir, the whole shebang
His Holiness, the Almighty Chosen One will be there in person

- so will the Pope.. :lol:
Last edited by BugMeister on Sun, 21. May 17, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 20. May 17, 06:45

felter wrote:The BBC has a story title:
BBC wrote:Advice for Trump on his first trip overseas
As soon as I saw it I thought, my advice, Don't go back home. :D
There is the possibility that we just won't let him back in... :)

Headline: Trump Travel Banned!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 20. May 17, 10:01

Please don't--the rest of us don't want him either, he's your problem! :wink:

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 20. May 17, 15:50

pjknibbs wrote:Please don't--the rest of us don't want him either, he's your problem! :wink:
Problem? I don't know, Youtube is throwing up all sorts of extra entertainment now. For example, until this started I didn't know about Seth Meyers 'A Closer Look' I find that entertaining. How accurate it is I don't know, or care, it amuses me.

(No, I have no idea who Seth Mayers is, I just found this one thing he does, and I like it)

It is quite obviously entertainment, not a news segment, but it seems clearly enough labelled as such, unless you were an idiot....

Once it goes back to business as usual, which I think won't be long now, politics will all go back to being dull.

Return to “Off Topic English”