Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 17:46

FYI, the match distribution will be something like 60 matches in the US and 10 in Canada, 10 in Mexico.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 16. Jun 18, 18:46

Chips mimicked nicely:
It'll be the best ever, the greatest, it'll be so great... because the US knows how to host and they're the best hosts, no-one can host like us.
(Then he'd turn to an aide and ask: "What's soccer?") :D
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 11:11

Mightysword wrote:FYI, the match distribution will be something like 60 matches in the US and 10 in Canada, 10 in Mexico.
Soooo, you mean Trump was right to pound his chest? :lol:
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 12:55

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 14:21

RegisterMe wrote:Worth a read - Bloomberg opinion piece on the New York lawsuit.
Wow
A man claiming to be worth billions of dollars -- and who certainly flaunted the lifestyle -- appears to have illegally diverted $7 from a charitable foundation to pay his son’s Boy Scouts registration fee.
I'm not surprised Mueller is taking a while, the sheer amount of illegality combined with what I'm sure is an absolute orgy of evidence must be taking an age to sort out.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 17. Jun 18, 14:49

Not that one in 10,000 americans are going to read the IG report on the FBI, but one thing I do see coming out of it. The question of how does the FBI remain neutral when those they are investigating have political ties? When even a finding of complete innocence could be seen as bias not to mention what will be said if they do find something they can prosecute? The FBI is instantly in a no win situation. Trump and Giuliani presently ranting about them, both parties unhappy about their part in the elections (Thanks to James Comey) has put them in a position that they can no longer police Washington D.C. Which is exactly (obvoiusly) what Trump wants.
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 03:35

So Trump says:
Separating families at the Border is the fault of bad legislation passed by the Democrats. Border Security laws should be changed but the Dems can’t get their act together! Started the Wall.
But I can't find this law he is talking about, not just that do you think he knows he is in power and that it is the republicans that hold the majority right now, well at least for another few months anyway and that the Dems can't change any laws right now imaginary or not, that's his job. By the way I was right about that meeting with KJU, he gave DPRK everything they wanted and walked away with nothing for it. The man is a nutter, I would say he was insane but that's not fair to insane people.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 12:40

As far as I understand it he's defending this policy with the assertion that separating criminals from their children is not a new thing. This certainly appears to be true but mostly only applied post conviction of a felony (i.e. one punished with a custodial sentence).
Whether or not you think this is moral defensible or not there are some things to consider here.

- Illegally crossing the border is not a felony, it is a misdemeanour.
- These "crimes" have not been subject to due process, the removal of children is occurring prior to any conviction in a court. Innocent until proven guilty? Obviously not.
- Many of those involved have not illegally crossed the border, they have arrived at the border and requested asylum. This is not ANY kind of crime.

Anyway, it whether or not he can be blamed for initiating the policy or not is irrelevant, it's clearly abhorrent and shame on whoever may have come up with or prosecuted it.
However, Trump and The GOP clearly have the power to stop it if they wished to do so.
They do not.

My prediction for the next related scandal: Widespread sexual abuse of the children removed will be discovered. The kind of thing that happens almost every time a venerable group aren't afforded sufficient oversight and protection.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 13:13

Melania Trump speaks out against child separations at border: 'Hate to see it'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... urke-texas

About time she speaks up, doubt Trump will be too happy with her mind for doing so. Still, its disgraceful on what is happening, and Trump should put a stop to it, but he chooses not too.

This will probably impact the midterm elections that are coming up, I hope so.
=

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 13:17

The law Trump is touting as the Democrats isn't.
This is another bald faced lie.
This situation stems entire from Jeff Session's
zero tolerance policy. In effect creating this
crisis to put pressure on the Republican party
to draft immigration legislation that includes
Trump's wall. The Republican legislature is
is meeting with Trump tomorrow on proposed
legislation.
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 14:59

Still, at least "God" is tweeting at Jeff Sessions :lol: .
I can't breathe.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 15:00

- history on Sessions..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuxBiTwHNhU

- clearly biased, at the very least.. :o :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 15:11

@ BugMeister

Great clip! I don't think I've heard the word "pinko" in a decade.
:shock:
That used to be the byword for anybody who wasn't
so far out on the right wing that they were hanging on
it by their fingertips!
MIND THE GAP

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 17:29

A bit of context, an article from late 2017 outlining the possibility of the reality we are now witnessing. His trying to blame this on Obama era policies is clearly disingenuous (to put it kindly).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/us/t ... arate.html

God I hope this is what finishes him / them off . . . . . . I mean whilst electoral fraud, general purpose sleaze and corruption and disastrous economic policies are one thing this is an entirely different league of awfulness.
It rather begs the question: If you'll tolerate or excuse this, what's next?

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 18:01

Bishop149 wrote:A bit of context, an article from late 2017 outlining the possibility of the reality we are now witnessing. His trying to blame this on Obama era policies is clearly disingenuous (to put it kindly).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/us/t ... arate.html

God I hope this is what finishes him / them off . . . . . . I mean whilst electoral fraud, general purpose sleaze and corruption and disastrous economic policies are one thing this is an entirely different league of awfulness.
It rather begs the question: If you'll tolerate or excuse this, what's next?
Probably a good moment to remember that there have been reports in the past that the US government gave immigrant children to child traffickers who used them as slaves.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 18:35

Bishop149 posited:
God I hope this is what finishes him / them off
Nice post there!

I'm afraid the worst is only beginning.
One thing you can assure youself of
and that's if the Republicans feel they'll
loose their majority after thhe midterms,
then the US constitution is dogmeat.
They will not let a little thing like that
or democracy stand in their way.

Trump's playing to the crowds saying,
"It's the Democrat's law" when it an obvoius lie
and the Reoublican Party simply nodding their heads
put's this in perspective: In times of war the law falls silent.
Hail our new Caesar!
MIND THE GAP

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 18:56

Indeed, The US government treating asylum seekers as an irritating problem to be solved as quickly and as cheaply as possible, rather than as people in need of protection is not at all new. Nor is it unique to the US, it is unfortunately the attitude of many developed state entities, including my own.

To all those Americans who would advocate their right to bear arms as defence against an unjust or tyrannical government, might I ask when exactly you would exercise that power?
The current (and possibly past) barbarism on the boarder is obviously not sufficient, no?
Well, the obvious next step for Trump and co (if they follow historical precedent) would be to expand these or similar policies to US citizens via the removal of that citizenship from those they wish to get rid of. Criminals or those they deemed insufficiently "American" by some metric or other. Might I suggest that if THAT happens it would be an excellent time to either put up or shut up.
Or do the tanks have to rolling up your own street before you'd consider exercising your "right".

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 19:23

Europe and the UK have no high ground to sit on and critisize the US. The regugee problem more than anything revealed the flaws of the EU in its current form.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 20:33

mrbadger wrote:Europe and the UK have no high ground to sit on and critisize the US. The regugee problem more than anything revealed the flaws of the EU in its current form.
The EU and UK may not have any high ground, but I will damn well keep criticising the US for their immigration policy, the same way I am criticising my own country and the EU. All of them are worthy of criticism.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 18. Jun 18, 22:25

Yay, a Space Force.
I can't breathe.

Return to “Off Topic English”