Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 14:44

Keep it in the family, so long as they are not paying for it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 16:22

felter wrote:Keep it in the family, so long as they are not paying for it.
How stupid can you get?
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 21:08

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate-una ... he-people/

:lol:. That they feel they needed to make an announcement like this is an interesting statement in itself.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 21:23

Trump wrote:"The fact is that the Press is FREE to write and say anything it wants, but much of what it says is FAKE NEWS, pushing a political agenda or just plain trying to hurt people."
I believe that he believes this as actual fact, that anything the press or anyone else says that portrays him in a bad way true or not is fake, even when the evidence says otherwise. The man is delusional and he can't see past the end of his nose.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 21:23

@ Antilogic

Which hasn't been commented on by the White House press office. Expect a statement such as the resolution doesn't apply to the President's "Personal Position" on the matter. Or more likely a Twitter Storm from Trump about it this weekend summing up to he still hates the press.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 21:50

clakclak wrote:
Skism wrote:[...]

Prime example of bias likely against Christans

Just so you know that was fashionable nearly 10 years ago. ;)

But seriously I doubt you apply this bias to Muslims Jews or Hindus or Sikh's nope

Its just Christians....

why is it then that religious views should get more scrutiny?
Because if you allow people to work to end secularism in favour of their religion, you end up with oppressiv governments run by garbage human people like you find them for example in Saudi-Arabia, who use relgion to justify every injustice you can think of.

EDTI: While we are at it, maybe I can use this moment to go of on a little rant.

F**k Muslim extremists.

F**k Christian extremists.

F**k Buddhist extremists.

F**k Jewish extremists.

F**k Hindu extremists.

F**k Sikh extremists.

F**k Atheist extremists.

F**k everyone who thinks that their religious views, or lack thereof, gives them the right to oppress or force change upon someone else for basic features of their identity, be it their religion, sexuality, gender, skin colour or "caste". (And just to make that clear, I don't see forbidding a Muslim from forcing his daughter to wear a hijab or a Christian from refusing service to a gay couple as them being supressed in their religious freedom, but as forbidding them from supressing someone else.)
Couple of things - I appreciate the sentiment.

I also don't see the problem with a Christian Bakery refusing service (there is a whole backstory behind that BTW)
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:11

RegisterMe wrote:You know @Skism, when the time comes (which I hope it doesn't), should you need to line up people, or pin people, or crucify people, or simply chuck people in a pit, or a kiln, or a furnace.

Come for me please.

First.
I shall say this:

Should such a thing happen know that it is entirely your fault - that you your compatriots, and those you support with their 'ideals' have by action or inaction caused that righteous anger by being agents of oppression particularly in the capital but also elsewhere.

And I add
those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"
Like when you banned the Pro Trump rally on 14th July In fact lets talk about that; here are my notes on this:
14 July

I'm sorry but my respect for the police has been seriously eroded by this,

First they approached people and gave out section 12s for disturbing public order . (outside Vauxhall train staion)

They threaten the organizers with arrest (one of whom actually was as I understand)

One or two officers did have a joke with someone with a Kekistani flag which was nice that they had a sense of humor I guess...

They tried to cancel the event - we turned up anyway they sent out confusing emails to try and deter us - we ignored them.

They tired changing time to confuse us - didn't work.

They tired merging the Pro Trump and Tommy Robinson rally which whilst I have nothing against Tommy - he is much maligned I come to London for the Pro Trump rally not Tommy - I ended up going to it anyway since damn political correctness

Police told the Pro-Trump supporters, that they can't hold their banners up as they walked to the Tommy rally. They'd been told if they hold up their pro-Trump banners, they will be arrested and fined £200.00

I'm not impressed met police....Im really not impressed.

All of this WILL have affected turnout - the only ones left where the truly dedicated...

Id be mighty curious to know what restrictions where placed on the Anti trump rally
So as you can see you have now suppressed speech you disagreed with as tyrants are prone to doing.

-Thomas Paine-

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:18

Skism wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:You know @Skism, when the time comes (which I hope it doesn't), should you need to line up people, or pin people, or crucify people, or simply chuck people in a pit, or a kiln, or a furnace.

Come for me please.

First.
I shall say this:

Should such a thing happen know that it is entirely your fault - that you your compatriots, and those you support with their 'ideals' have by action or inaction caused that righteous anger by being agents of oppression particularly in the capital but also elsewhere.
"Delusion and extremism levels at critical mass Captain!"

"THIS IS THE CAPTAIN TO ALL HANDS. ABANDON SHIP. REPEAT ABANDON SHIP."

"Sir where are you going? The lifeboats are this way!"

"I NEED MY TRUMP HAT!"
Last edited by Antilogic on Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:19

RegisterMe wrote:
Skism wrote:Prime example of bias likely against Christans

Just so you know that was fashionable nearly 10 years ago. ;)

But seriously I doubt you apply this bias to Muslims Jews or Hindus or Sikh's nope

Its just Christians....

why is it then that religious views should get more scrutiny?
hmmm lol?
You know I used to laugh at Christian creationists...Now I realize that was a low act encouraged by scoffers who for the most part where not that clever.

I would happily have them back in exchange for the madness we have now in particular the utterly insane far left.

I would like to take this opportunity to formerly repent of my previous actions - this does not mean I agree with the Christians on everything of course but I see now that Christianity is a vital part of the west.

-Thomas Paine-

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:19

it's all part of the insanity of Donald Trump..

- it's gonna get worse, folks
- he's completely round the bend..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:20

Antilogic wrote:
Skism wrote:

Come for me please.

First.
I shall say this:

"Delusion and extremism levels at critical mass Captain!"

"THIS IS THE CAPTAIN TO ALL HANDS. ABANDON SHIP. REPEAT ABANDON SHIP"

"Sir where are you going? The lifeboats are this way!"

"I NEED MY TRUMP HAT!"
amusing but makes no attempt to address my point :wink: :roll: :lol:

-Thomas Paine-

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:31

Personally I wouldn't give a (supposed) UK expert on America's problems a forum. I've seen the Russian Trolls yapping on other sites fronting for Trump and slamming one word agaist him until eventually ANY political discussion is Verboten. It makes me wonder if an IP address isn't closer to Gorky Park than Trafalgar Square. If so or if not it's certainly germane a forum on Trump as it's said that you can tell a man by his enemies it's also goes that you can tell a person by who his friends are as well.

Summation: With friends like Trump acquires, who needs enemies?
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:38

- Hey Hank, now's the time to sit down calmly and have a nice cup of tea.. :D :thumb_up:

- ever wondered what insanity looks like..?
- look into the eyes of Donald J Trump

- they should cart him off to a home with rubber rooms..

..etc, etc, etc..

:lol: :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:45

Just give him a desk, a disconnected red phone and a photo of Putin in love hearts, he'll be right at home.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:47

Antilogic wrote:https://np.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comme ... nt/e4b902d

GOP child sex crimes. List goes on for a while.
That's pretty disturbing.

But, I gotta point out that some of the names on that list are, at best, "fringe "Republican Activists."" I'm unsure what that's supposed to mean in terms of the Republican Party in any official capacity.

I do think that the Republican Party has harnessed a lot of negative energy to promote itself over the past decade (or even longer). That sort of thing does tend to attract nutjobs and weirdos.

Is it "Republican" or is is an endemic problem with people who pursue "power?" There's a few Dems listed in that thread, but not as many. There's also "accusations" that weren't pursued further, so it'd difficult to judge them. But, in the end, is it just because these "Republicans" weren't smart enough to not get caught? :)

(There was a "study" done a few years ago that got a lot of press/controversy, stating that it's scientifically provable that Republicans are not as intelligent as Democrats... or conservative vs liberal, etc)

I wonder if something like this will make it to the "News." Social Media is a huge source of new news items in a highly competitive environment where news agencies will rush to the presses with the hottest topic. (Sometimes to their chagrin, sometimes succumbing to exactly what politicians/others want them to do, etc.)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:53

@ BugMeister

I'd KILL for a cuppa. Coffee or tea.
At the momemt intermittent rounds of Physical Therapy after getting my right arm out of a cast.

Back on Topic...

......... Ding.... Trump's little tactic of pulling clearances?
Glad my TS\SCI was pulled at my retirement. Quarterly polygraphs were almost as bad as Nurse Toquamada bending me double here. :cry:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:53

- hey Hank, get well soon, mate..
- gotta endure these things..:)

- meanwhile, we all gotta:
- learn to discern the news from the opinion pieces..

- much of the sensationalised stuff out there is just fuss and fluster
- we all need to know the FACTS, ma'am..
- and that's the stuff that can be corroborated, ok? :)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 00:02

So fellow Americans, hows the new (Trump) postcard tax reforms working out for you all. I haven't heard any good things about it.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 00:09

felter asks:
So fellow Americans, hows the new (Trump) postcard tax reforms working out for you all. I haven't heard any good things about it.
Didn't see any difference at all in my tax bracket. I'd imagine if I was in Trump's tax bracket I'd be jumping for joy. Ask again after April 15th 2019. Republican tax cuts seem all about the rich and not us folks in the lower rungs of the ladder.
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 00:13

This, concerning the Manfort trial, is worrying.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “Off Topic English”