Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:53

@ BugMeister

I'd KILL for a cuppa. Coffee or tea.
At the momemt intermittent rounds of Physical Therapy after getting my right arm out of a cast.

Back on Topic...

......... Ding.... Trump's little tactic of pulling clearances?
Glad my TS\SCI was pulled at my retirement. Quarterly polygraphs were almost as bad as Nurse Toquamada bending me double here. :cry:
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 17. Aug 18, 22:53

- hey Hank, get well soon, mate..
- gotta endure these things..:)

- meanwhile, we all gotta:
- learn to discern the news from the opinion pieces..

- much of the sensationalised stuff out there is just fuss and fluster
- we all need to know the FACTS, ma'am..
- and that's the stuff that can be corroborated, ok? :)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 00:02

So fellow Americans, hows the new (Trump) postcard tax reforms working out for you all. I haven't heard any good things about it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 00:09

felter asks:
So fellow Americans, hows the new (Trump) postcard tax reforms working out for you all. I haven't heard any good things about it.
Didn't see any difference at all in my tax bracket. I'd imagine if I was in Trump's tax bracket I'd be jumping for joy. Ask again after April 15th 2019. Republican tax cuts seem all about the rich and not us folks in the lower rungs of the ladder.
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 00:13

This, concerning the Manfort trial, is worrying.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 00:14

I was meaning more this thing.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 00:28

felter amplified:
I was meaning more this thing.
Most like myself with most of our income from retirement pentions and/or royalties either buy the expensive tax software or as I do have our taxes prepaired my professionals. Trying to navigate through the 1040 long form required for "1099" incomes without a law degree is a formula for disaster, audits and headaches. As you can pretty much assume from that article. The procedure is PURPOSEFULLY comlicated so the Internal Revenue Service can find fault and issue fines, etc. The thing about professional tax prep sevices is thst if an error is made it's their fault.
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 01:19

Skism wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:You know @Skism, when the time comes (which I hope it doesn't), should you need to line up people, or pin people, or crucify people, or simply chuck people in a pit, or a kiln, or a furnace.

Come for me please.

First.
I shall say this:

Should such a thing happen know that it is entirely your fault - that you your compatriots, and those you support with their 'ideals' have by action or inaction caused that righteous anger by being agents of oppression particularly in the capital but also elsewhere.

And I add
those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"
Like when you banned the Pro Trump rally on 14th July In fact lets talk about that; here are my notes on this:
14 July

I'm sorry but my respect for the police has been seriously eroded by this,

First they approached people and gave out section 12s for disturbing public order . (outside Vauxhall train staion)

They threaten the organizers with arrest (one of whom actually was as I understand)

One or two officers did have a joke with someone with a Kekistani flag which was nice that they had a sense of humor I guess...

They tried to cancel the event - we turned up anyway they sent out confusing emails to try and deter us - we ignored them.

They tired changing time to confuse us - didn't work.

They tired merging the Pro Trump and Tommy Robinson rally which whilst I have nothing against Tommy - he is much maligned I come to London for the Pro Trump rally not Tommy - I ended up going to it anyway since damn political correctness

Police told the Pro-Trump supporters, that they can't hold their banners up as they walked to the Tommy rally. They'd been told if they hold up their pro-Trump banners, they will be arrested and fined £200.00

I'm not impressed met police....Im really not impressed.

All of this WILL have affected turnout - the only ones left where the truly dedicated...

Id be mighty curious to know what restrictions where placed on the Anti trump rally
So as you can see you have now suppressed speech you disagreed with as tyrants are prone to doing.
Ex Met Head of Counter-Terrorism concerning this.

I didn't ban anything btw. Thankfully, I am sure you will agree, I don't have any such power :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 02:54

Morkonan wrote:
Antilogic wrote:https://np.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comme ... nt/e4b902d

GOP child sex crimes. List goes on for a while.
That's pretty disturbing.

But, I gotta point out that some of the names on that list are, at best, "fringe "Republican Activists."" I'm unsure what that's supposed to mean in terms of the Republican Party in any official capacity.

I do think that the Republican Party has harnessed a lot of negative energy to promote itself over the past decade (or even longer). That sort of thing does tend to attract nutjobs and weirdos.
First point is fair and agreed on the second one.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 03:50

Antilogic wrote:...First point is fair and agreed on the second one.
I'd like to also say that, if this is statistically true, it doesn't mean that there is something in the "Republican Platform" that causes this... behavior. I'm not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat, but I don't recall anything in Republican platforms that said anything about doing nasty stuffs with minors.. "Miners" maybe, like reducing safety requirements and only giving them half-bottles of emergency oxygen, but not "minors." :)

There have been a lot of "converts" and "opportunists" in the last couple of decades. Some are genuinely disenfranchised, like those who truly, and very rabidly, support Trump. Some are more generally ticked off at "everything," like many of the early Tea Party folks. And, many politicians have ridden the wave, either as true proponents of their political beliefs or just to take advantage of the situations to grab power.

Seriously... who would have voted for some of these people in a sane world or in an election where their opponent wasn't a complete moron?

I'm not defending them. If they are guilty, and some were never convicted, then they're either terribly broken or reprehensible human beings. Either way, their ability to attain some form of power is extremely disturbing.

Some really good investigative journalism should go into this. I don't trust such targeted associations on their face. IF there is some substance to some of this, then I expect an enterprising journalist will pick it up and see where it leads them. At the very least, some enterprising political opponent is going to grab it and then it may be subjected to much more scrutiny.

It's not Pizzagate, but it could hold some measure of truth. The problem is that we just got over Pizzagate and I think people are much more wary about that subject these days. That might mean people will be hesitant to investigate this.

Edit-Add: On another subject -

I am delighted that Trump "cancelled" his parade after basically being told "No" by everyone. :) I friggin' lol'd.

So, now he's going to take his ball and go to someone else's party in Paris, 'cause that's more betterer and they really know how to do parade parties there, not like some other people who are meanies and won't let him have his own parade because they suxxors and NO U!

So, he'll be attending the military parade in Paris, marking the anniversary of the end of World War I and not-so-much ignoring the fact that it's also Veteran's Day in the United States. Guess he showed us, huh? :)

And, of course, he blames someone else for not being to act on his ridiculous and truly insulting idea.

Damn, I wish there was a tape of him getting mad when someone drank the last Coke in the White House... I bed he'd stamp his feet and get all red-faced.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 04:04

Hey Mork, the Russians fixed it..
- that election was "rigged", mate..
- that's all the explanation you need.. :D :thumb_up:

- seems that dishing the dirt is the order of the day..
- so, it should be fun watching them dishing it out to Donny Boy.. there's a ton of it..
- tax scams galore, laundering for the mob, abuse of office..

- in the land of fear and loathing..
- the guy's gone completely nuts
- shouting like a mobster on the run..
- threatening all around him..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ1xHIJ-dOM

- we all know da guy's got form..
- let's get it all out in the open.. :D :D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 05:24

Here's a short vid of Phil Mudd, ex-CIA Counterterrorism expert finally having enough with all this @$$@% and giving a piece of his mind to not only the public, but Paris Dennard, a fervent Trump Supporter.

Ex-CIA official to Trump supporter: We're done. Get out!

Oh my...

This guy does have a history of not holding anything back, by the way. And, to be honest, I think he reflects the opinion of quite a few people, especially some who may still be working in the government and who have dedicated their lives towards serving the people of the United States.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 12:07

Morkonan wrote:Here's a short vid of Phil Mudd, ex-CIA Counterterrorism expert finally having enough with all this @$$@% and giving a piece of his mind to not only the public, but Paris Dennard, a fervent Trump Supporter.

Oh my...

This guy does have a history of not holding anything back, by the way. And, to be honest, I think he reflects the opinion of quite a few people, especially some who may still be working in the government and who have dedicated their lives towards serving the people of the United States.
Jesus, that guy is so angry you can almost see his blood boil.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 12:27

Morkonan wrote:Here's a short vid of Phil Mudd, ex-CIA Counterterrorism expert finally having enough with all this @$$@% and giving a piece of his mind to not only the public, but Paris Dennard, a fervent Trump Supporter.

Oh my...

I was not that impressed frankly with the Ex CIA official - lack of decorum in particular
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 13:52

clakclak noted:
Jesus, that guy is so angry you can almost see his blood boil.
The feeling in DC is a "top down" thing and it's Attack, Attack, Attack or get ground into dogmeat. Especially former office holders who know how thing work well and are watching the Trump administration systematically turning democracy into the dog's breakfast.

Okay here's a former acting director of the CIA in a panel of 4 on MSNBC laying out the root cause of most of DC ready to go on the rampage, but is a sedate discussion:

"Mad King Donald"

https://youtu.be/i4r0AUGed6U

MSNBC again. (The less hyperbolous CNN)

"Trump drunk on power":

https://youtu.be/4nAfvpHL-xY
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 14:17

- it is said that if you sleep with dogs, you will awaken with fleas..*

the damage that this man is causing must be repaired swiftly,
else it become permanent - he is creating problems for the future..
- he must go soon, for the good of all..

* yet what good should it do for the fleas to drown the dog? :roll: :roll:

:lol:
Last edited by BugMeister on Sat, 18. Aug 18, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 14:35

BugMeister states:
- he must go soon, for the good of all...
While convolesing I went back and actually read this thead from the first post. If I'd came in on my first post saying that in August 2018 most of the worst case senarios posed would prove to be correct I'd deserved to be trolled because now the truth is too insane for most rational people to contemplate.

20/20 hindsight.

There's no use playing Cassandra from this point on because what transpires is likely in the realms of madness and so not something rational minds can foresee and stay rational.

Care to argue the point that up to this point a rational person could have forseen what's transpired up to now, and had they, would it have sounded rational at all?

Care to call this conjecture?
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Re: Trump

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 14:45

- and yet, in that very first post, mrbadger says:
mrbadger wrote:What on earth is going on here?

How is it that Trump, a pathalogical lier who is clearly channeling Hitler can be allowed to be the front runner for the Republicans?

He's getting his followers to do Nazi salutes, encouraging violence at political rallies of his opponants (while denying he is responsible for violence at his own), and claiming he will force Muslims to be on a register. Then there's the wall thing, which is now looking like a moderate aspect of his campaign...

So, what? How is this guy even in the running for leading the Republicans? Why hasn't he been kicked out to be an independant?
- I wandered in around page 60 or so, in a state of vague disbelief..
- I am constantly amazed at the universal nature of this odd moment in US history..
- how will the matter be resolved?

- the forum has been in shock from the very first..
- it's never been conjecture - it has been a matter of great concern from the beginning..

:o :o :o
Last edited by BugMeister on Sat, 18. Aug 18, 15:01, edited 3 times in total.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 14:48

Skism wrote:I was not that impressed frankly with the Ex CIA official - lack of decorum in particular
Seriously? Do you see the irony smaking on your face? Whats with "He tells it how it is" or "Keep it real". A Trump supporter asking for decorum? You must be ****** kidding me. Get the **** out of here! :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 18. Aug 18, 14:56

- the turds may be highly polished, but the stables still need cleaning.. :lol:

Return to “Off Topic English”