Problem with autosaving

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Pavel Zejda
x3

Problem with autosaving

Post by Pavel Zejda » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 21:23

I have a problem with the game X3 Reunion When landing on the station does not automatically save. It rests on a landing ship the console and the game cannot continue. When I turn on the SETA, so the ship to jump and the game saves. Do you have someone with that experience? Comp Windows 10.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 21:51

It's a known problem with the game, whereby it's not really clear when or why it happens exactly. What happens basically is that the ship flies to the assigned docking position and moves the last few meters to the docking clamp very slowly. So it's in fact not a problem with autosaving, but with the docking process. To work around it, you can either dock manually, turn on SETA to speed up the docking process of the last few meters or install a docking computer, which lets you dock instantly to the target station, when you're less than 5 km away from it and press the assigned hotkey.

Edit: typo.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 25. Mar 16, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Pavel Zejda
x3

Post by Pavel Zejda » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 23:28

Thanks for the reply. Tell me, a ship controlled by the AI will have a docking computer when the problem too?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 25. Mar 16, 14:37

Non-player ships or the player ship under AI control do not use the docking computer.

If an NPC or player ship under AI control is trying to dock and gets stuck just short of the docking arm, then using SETA while IS speeds up the process. Also the player leaving the Sector can help as ships will dock nearly instantly OOS.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Leonardo Myst
x3ap

Post by Leonardo Myst » Sun, 17. Jul 16, 19:31

This just started happening to me, as well, after at least 20 hours of gameplay with no problems.
But now this happens every time I dock.

Factors that I thought could have contributed:
1. I went those first 20 hours without a turret weapon, as most stations were out of stock.
So I tried uninstalling my laser and see if that worked. It didn't.

2. This also coincided with me changing computers and doing Steam's Backup & Retrieve to transfer my game.
So I went and had Steam 'verify integrity' of my files. Everything seemed in order.

3. I thought it may have been a problem with autosave, so I disabled 'autosave at stations'.
No change, so I changed it back.

I'll add also another workaround is to call the station once your ship stops moving (Speed 0 and arm of station has come down) and request to land.
The game will jump you up a bit and dock you.

Something else I've noticed is that while the game is still autosaving at stations, the 'autosaving game' notification is no longer appearing onscreen.
The notification does still appear, however, when manually saving.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 09:43

The only theories that I can think of as to why this would suddenly start getting stuck every time you dock your personal ship is the possibility that you have recently changed your personal ship, that you are docking at the same station and docking arm most times, or that your in-game framerate has changed and has made the in-game docking and collision detection more difficult and fussy.

As it coincided with changing computer hardware, I suspect the last one is the most likely.

Since it is with your personal ship, a docking computer is the answer to your problems.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Leonardo Myst
x3ap

Post by Leonardo Myst » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 10:36

Does a docking computer effect the immersion of the game?
If it's going to just stick me in the dock, I'll just settle for calling the station and request permission to land.

BTW... today, I had a hunch to change my view (F1 to see from behind) as I was docking to get a better view of what was happening.
I was actually curious if the cargo expansions had made my ship bigger or taller...
And I docked successfully with no problems.

So I undocked from the Argon trading station and flew over to the shipyard and attempted to autodock there. As I was docking, I switched view to look from behind and I docked successfully again.

However, when I went back to the trading station and tried again, it halted. So I cycled through my views with F1 and when I reached first-person (or rather, first-ship) view I docked.

Don't know if this info will be of any use, but I wanted to share it with you.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”