X3AP Trade Rank Problem

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pheonixx

X3AP Trade Rank Problem

Post by pheonixx » Tue, 29. Mar 16, 20:05

I posted this in Technical Support and it seems a mod seems to be the problem, so any info regarding this matter would be appreciated.

I've played X3AP for awhile now on the same laptop since it was on windows 7, I recently had to do a factory reset and then upgrade back to windows 10 which resulted in me losing the X3 game. After reinstalling, because i couldnt remember the full mod list i used to run, i installed mods that seemed appropriate for my needs and ones i remembered using from the last time.

My problem is during a TERRAN COMMANDER start, my TRADE RANK remains at Opportunist 0% even after running the game from loose ends plot start to finish and having 4 automatic traders selling space fuel (auto best selling price) for more than 6 hours racking up an impressive 700 million station credit account.

Now before anyone points out the obvious, i know my system isnt the best but i have had no problems playing the game on low settings (no lag, no crashing, freezing etc) EVER until now.

I have a modified game using the following mods (authors name included if known)

Mods

better globals (Bullwinkle)
No Civilians
Hacked HQ (Apricotslice)
Auto-Rename Player Property (Graxster)
Free Jump (Graxster)
Reduced Enemy Missiles (Graxster)
Lazcorp claim unknown sector (Lazerath)
Salvage command suite (TECSG)
Jumpgate Construction
Docking Lockup fix
No notoriety loss from hitting jumpgates
Remove rocks from universe (Graxster)
Numeric Ranks
Safe Undocking
Massive Set Homebase (Seedz)
Equipment Research and Development (Cycrow)
Better Globals (Bullwinkle)

Full dxdiag can be seen in the original thread here. I didn't want to post it a second time since it takes up so much space.

I MUST point out that ALL mods are working and installed correctly, the only issue is my trade rank remains at Opportunist 0% rank

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 29. Mar 16, 20:37

Are you sure that everything has been downloaded and installed correctly, when you reinstalled the game? Is this the GOG version you are running?
pheonixx wrote:I have a modified game using the following mods (authors name included if known)
While in theory it would be possible for a script to reset the Trade rank to zero, I wouldn't know a reason a scripter would want to do that, especially not without telling anyone. Also having a look at your script list, nothing strikes me as being a notorious trade rank resetter. :D

But since you're running a modified game anyhow, what you could try is increasing the trade rank via a script once, and testing whether there is any change to the trade rank afterwards. Here's a little script that can do that.

Download Link from xdownloads

Download and extract to your "X3 Terran Conflict\addon\scripts" folder. Afterwards start the game and load your savegame. It should immediately increase your trade rank to Opportunist 50 %. Afterwards try to trade a bit and see, if there's any trade rank increase. If this is the case, then it might have been a temporary glitch of some kind and you can delete the file "setup.X2I.traderanktest.xml" from your addon\scripts folder again. If there's still no trade rank increase despite trading or if the trade rank is not set by the script directly, something is wrong with your game installation.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

pheonixx

Post by pheonixx » Tue, 29. Mar 16, 20:52

all mods are installed to where the authors instructed and as i stated the mods are working except my trade rank remains at the lowest one and never changes. Its the standard X3TC/AP retail version updated to the latest updates.

I will try your suggested script and update this thread with the results.

On a further note, my game installation itself isnt at fault, i run 2 different games located in different folder on my HD, 1 for testing mods compatibility and the main for actually playing the game. ALL original files/folders are backed up to a flash drive that i just copy/paste after removing mods (that way any remnants of mods that may of been a bit stubborn to fully uninstall dont exist)

UPDATE: The script you directed me to changed my trade rank to Opportunist 50% but even after using SETA for an hour with 4 advanced chokaro selling over 730 space fuel each (using sell for best price trade command) the rank remained at opportunist 50%. The goods were being sold as the credits in the station was increasing.

UPDATE 2: After spending a few days of testing each and every mod i used it seems the Numeric Ranks mod conflicts with a few of the mods i had installed which resulted in the stuck trade rank.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”