Bailing / Boarding ship question

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joelnh
x3tc

Bailing / Boarding ship question

Post by Joelnh » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 12:29

the scenario.

2 M2's battling it out.
the winner is damaged.
before or when it explodes, the loser launches all it's marines.
small chance of them reaching the winner.
let's say they do... they start to attempt taking over the ship.
and they win.

so, what I am asking, is it possible to have this happen ?
and is it possible to lower the damage a ship takes during a boarding operation?

Nick 031287
x3tc

Re: Bailing / Boarding ship question

Post by Nick 031287 » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 17:13

Joelnh wrote:the scenario.

2 M2's battling it out.
the winner is damaged.
and they win.

and is it possible to lower the damage a ship takes during a boarding operation?
i can think of a game that will be possible and you can also be among the crew to either evacuate or be part of the boarding action. but i dont think i am allowed to say it here.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 17:36

@Nick 031287
I think Joelnh wants to know, whether the described situation is possible to realise within X3TC/AP. If you want to discuss other games than the X-games, then please use the Off Topic forum.

@Joelnh
NPC ships boarding player ships or other NPC ships is possible to realise via script. (Might need some modding too, as M2 ships normally cannot board other ships.) What damage a ship takes during boarding operations is determined by the skills of your marines. But you can also simply let a script run during the boarding process that checks and sets the target ship's hull to specific values.

Edit: typos.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Thu, 31. Mar 16, 18:04, edited 2 times in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Bailing / Boarding ship question

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 17:48

Joelnh wrote:the scenario.

2 M2's battling it out.
the winner is damaged.
and they win.

I'd say it's most likely not gonna happen, as the shields will probably recharge above ten percent and fry your marines before they can get inside. Also, if the marines have to spacewalk they risk getting shot down, and unless the remaining ship is heavily damaged even an M2 can outrun a space suit. So unless they duke it out at point blank range and the remaining M2 basically run over the marines afterward, allowing them to latch on to the hull, my guess is that it's highly unlikely this is gonna happen.

As for lowering the damage a ship takes during boarding, the answer is simple - train your marines. I can't remember if it's engineering or mechanical skill that decide if, and how much, damage ships take during boarding operations, but high mech/engineering skill will lower the damage taken by the ship being boarded.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 21:30

I think mechanical controls how quickly/successful they are cutting through the hull, engineering controls how much damage the boarded ship takes while being boarded.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 11:36

X2-Illuminatus wrote:@Nick 031287
I think Joelnh wants to know, whether the described situation is possible to realise within X3TC/AP. If you want to discuss other games than the X-games, then please use the Off Topic forum.

@Joelnh
NPC ships boarding player ships or other NPC ships is possible to realise via script. (Might need some modding too, as M2 ships normally cannot board other ships.) What damage a ship takes during boarding operations is determined by the skills of your marines. But you can also simply let a script run during the boarding process that checks and sets the target ship's hull to specific values.

Edit: typos.
Correct, I was wondering if it was possible.
Maybe with some tweak that prevents shield regen after any ship explosion within firing range for a few minutes. kind of like a emp. to get past the shield issue. the script could teleport the marines real close to the enemy ship or even teleport them aboard the ship since shields are down., or launch via pods... many ways to do it. I just don't have the scripting ability.

maybe someone will see this and come up with a mod for it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”