Questions About GoD Engine And Shipyards/Docks/Stations As It Stands In X3 AP

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RoverTX
x4

Questions About GoD Engine And Shipyards/Docks/Stations As It Stands In X3 AP

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 04:51

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=213778

From what I understand in Gazz's post, you used to be able to turn off "GoD" in X3:R, or what was it's precursor, by running the following script command on a statoin.

$Station -> disable ship rebuild

I assume this no longer works after GoD was fully implemented?

--------------------------------

The next questions is that I know that if you create a dock or shipyard via a map that GoD will respawn them after a period of time.

Does this also apply to stations generally? Or is it just docks and shipyards?

--------------------------------

If I create a dock or shipyard via director or script, I assume if I destroy it via director or script it won't respawn, but will they respawn if killed by player or NPC under any circumstance? Or is the respawn limited soley to map based docks and shipyards?

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 12:33

I don't know if the $Station -> disable ship rebuild command actually works or not so you would have to test that for yourself.

As far as I know, GoD will try to make the universe be in the same state as defined in the map file. So if it any prebuilt station is destroyed it will be rebuilt by GoD eventually.
On the other hand this means that any station that is made by SE or MD will never be touched by GoD, in fact some of the efforts that have been made to replace god simply have a map file with no stations and they spawn things with scripts. The most notable attempt I have seen was this one.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sun, 3. Apr 16, 04:49

That was actually one of the threads I was looking for. There are just so much talk about GoD over the years that I wasn't sure what was current or not but that clears a lot up thanks!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”