[MOD] Station Build Service

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 12. May 16, 15:54

Phipsz wrote:hm, would be possible. actually pretty simple when the UI is done as I mostly use copies of or even the original scripts for building. I didn't check how checkboxes work exactly, but it should not be too difficult. But as with the feature-request concerning ship-building, I will consider this when next playing X:R myself. Currently I only do bugfixes.
Hahah, lemme know if you ever do... if I don't figure out LUA by then I may have to steal your codes... :D

spamjam
x4

Post by spamjam » Thu, 12. May 16, 17:09

Hey Phipsz, would it be possible for you to provide your mod with a "keep the CV" version? I´d like to keep the CV after the station is finished.

Also, since I´m having trouble especially when building warehouses. Their weapon-outfit is only build with 50% availability. So I need to buy a new CV (additional 8 millions) and reconnect it to the station. Then the new CV has to build the first module anew (for a warehouse this means additional 20 million credits on top). After that, the missing weapons can be outfitted for another 14 millions.

I´d be more than happy to pay these expenses directly when buying the station. Just to safe the time for "nurturing" the build process :)

Thx for your work!! Really appreciated...

Cheers
Dad

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Thu, 12. May 16, 17:52

@Ricemanu: Yes, I personally don't quite like some of the VAs. anyway, since this change did not need thinking and only copy/pasting like ten lines of code, I will upload a version with added manager/DO sometime the next days.

@Simoom: oh, I will, it just may take some months :P

@spamjam: hm, with the warehouse sounds like a bug to me. I had changed some lines of code before and that at least fixed the very same problem with Cell Recharge Facs. Or maybe this is a problem that only sometimes occurs, I'll check it out the next days. I'll also upload a version to keep the CV, It's just commenting out some lines of code and adding some others (I hope ^^")

Ricemanu
x4

Post by Ricemanu » Thu, 12. May 16, 21:25

Phipsz wrote:@Ricemanu: Yes, I personally don't quite like some of the VAs. anyway, since this change did not need thinking and only copy/pasting like ten lines of code, I will upload a version with added manager/DO sometime the next days.
Wow. My hat off to you.
Thanks to guys like you i keep playing this game :)

spamjam
x4

Post by spamjam » Wed, 18. May 16, 12:09

Great! Thanks a lot.
Will try the new version....

Cheers,
Dad

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Sun, 22. May 16, 20:33

So guys, I uploaded a new version. Stations will now receive manager and DO (only newly built ones). optional files now are additional files instead of "choose a variant". two of them available: "non-cheaty" as before and "keep cv", which will keep the cv connected to the station.

@spamjam: I tried to build some warehouses with this mod, I had no problems with unfinished stations so far. I don't think this is something that I could actually fix, it just occurs sometimes

spamjam
x4

Post by spamjam » Sun, 22. May 16, 21:10

Great Job! Thanks a lot. This will be fun to test now... :)

spamjam
x4

Post by spamjam » Wed, 25. May 16, 23:13

Hi Phipsz,

I´ve tested the new "Keep CV" Version. It works partially ;=) The CV is still available after the Station is finished and handed over to me. But when looking into the "owned properties" Menu, the CV is listed in the "Normal" ship section of my properties and not as sub-ship of the Station.

If it´s unclear what I´m pointing to, please tell me. I can provide a screenshot if necessary.

PS: I tried it by building an Argnu Paradise Station.

Thx & Cheers
Dad

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Fri, 27. May 16, 23:39

Hi, I have installed your mod and it shows up on my extensions screen but I can't seem to get it to show up. Is there something else I have have done?

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Sat, 28. May 16, 16:14

@spamjam ok, I'll what the problem might be. does the cv react as if it is connected to the station? (does the architect ask you if you want to build new modules or a new station?)

@CptAWatts: do you have the SidebarExtender installed and activated?

spamjam
x4

Post by spamjam » Sat, 28. May 16, 16:22

The CV acts normal and is connected to the station. Since some weapons are still missing after the station is built, I can assign the order to the architect to upgrade the missing part. Works fine so far.

But in properties (sidemenu 2-2) the CV is shown within the menu for the "unmanaged" ships - not under the stations tab itself. Not a big deal, but when there are more stations this could become kind of clutter for the properties menu.

Thx & Cheers
Dad

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Sat, 28. May 16, 16:59

Ah I didn't know I needed that, that's probably the problem. Thanks

kazuya112
xr

Great Work and one wish

Post by kazuya112 » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 10:42

Hi there Phipsz,

at first great work. I played lots of hours and installed some new Mods.
Have to start again and thanks to your Mod it is possible for me to start a new Game with all my installed Mods and Stations.

The only thing that was annoying that the CV´s may connected to the Stations but instead of the Station Menü, the CV is under the normal unassigned ships.

If you manage to change that, it would be awesome.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 18:09

XR 4.30

It does not work. Please fix. :(

Code: Select all

v.0.25

[=ERROR=] 34.98 e:/Game_Test/X Rebirth/(): (from presentation 'ui/widget/presentations/widget_detailmonitor/widget_detailmonitor.bgf') CreateFontString(): invalid parameters - proper call: CreateFontString(text[, horizontalalignment][, textcolorred][, textcolorgreen][, textcolorblue][, textcoloralpha][, fontname][, fontsize][, wordwrap][, offsetx][, offsety][, height][, width][, mouseovertext])
[General] 34.98 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 34.98 stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'TraceBack'
	H:\P\temp\helper.lua:744: in function 'createFontString'
	[string "extensions/phipsz.station_build_service/ui/p_..."]:274: in function 'displayBuilderShipSelection'
	[string "extensions/phipsz.station_build_service/ui/p_..."]:137: in function <[string "extensions/phipsz.station_build_service/ui/p_..."]:133>
	[C]: in function 'pcall'
	H:\P\temp\widget_detailmonitor.lua:8219: in function 'CallWidgetEventScripts'
	H:\P\temp\widget_detailmonitor.lua:1245: in function <H:\P\temp\widget_detailmonitor.lua:1232>
[=ERROR=] 34.98 Error while executing onEvent script for event: onClick.
Errormessage: H:\P\temp\helper.lua:746: table index is nil

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 11:15

sounds like a great mod. I hope it gets a fix someday

wurst01
x4

Post by wurst01 » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 18:52

I tried it too, but only the window getting up and nothing more.......gope he¨ll fix it *:-)

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 12:42

I changed some things in the mod files and now it works again.
I might upload it if can fix some bugs i noticed.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 23:23

oliverjanda wrote:I changed some things in the mod files and now it works again.

I might upload it if can fix some bugs i noticed.
Where the corrected version?

:lol:

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 12:23

On my harddrive :P
I would have to ask Phipsz for permission before publishing

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 1. Mar 18, 14:55

oliverjanda wrote:On my harddrive :P
I would have to ask Phipsz for permission before publishing
Why only on yours? And on my disc why not?)).
So where to find it. I think he will not mind. ))

:D

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”