[2016.04.11] Litcube's Unbalanced Mod and Advanced Start Script

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

7ate9tin11s
x4

[2016.04.11] Litcube's Unbalanced Mod and Advanced Start Script

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 20:24

:o Yes I still exist, no I am not back to being active in the forums. Just thought others may enjoy some minor scripts and mods I put together for my second Litcube's Universe run. :D

Note - LU does not like the plugin manager much, you will have to unzip and place files manually. The cat/dat files go in the addons\ directory (Should be one number higher than the highest one that exists, usually this is 10), 879X-L044.xml files go in addons\t\, everything else goes in addons\scripts\

--------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced Start - https://mega.nz/#%21acJ21QQZ%21zxQlBgIE ... ZUUzoIfdfk
Ever wanted a really random or customized start to the game? Tired of Argon Prime? This should help! -7ate9tin11s
Purpose: Provides fresh games with a series of options to make an advanced game start. Changes your ship, friends, enemies, money, give explorers, gives traders, etc.

Compatibility: This script should work with any mods and other scripts, such as XRM or Vanilla, but has only been tested extensively in LU.

Litcube's Unbalanced - https://mega.nz/#%21mdBVFC4J%21Cpj5cYkH ... bfMtEiUuQk

Purpose: Alters most ship statistics to create larger differences between the races. Also includes advanced start as you must make a new game.

Compatibility: Requires Litcube's 1.6.x. This script should work with anything that does not change TShips or TCockpits, but has only been tested with Advanced Start and vanilla LU 1.6.2.

Changes...
Artificial Life
There are three new AL plugins:

- Improved Races LU - This plugin will often force an invasion into the players sector when on the border of enemy empires. The invasion strength is based on the strength of defenses in the sector and this allows the player to more easily work on reputation. Sometimes a pirate base in a non-border sector will also cause an event. If this plugin is disabled then the invasions will not occur.

- Pirate Kha'ak Patrol - This plugin creates and maintains a patrol of salvaged Kha'ak vessels in pirate space. See the Kha'ak section below for more information. If this plugin is disabled the patrol will not respawn when destroyed, it does not destroy the patrol once formed.

- Missile Ship Maintenance - Several new ships have missile turrets and this script ensures that they are set up correctly. Turning this off will probably make it much easier to kill these altered ships.

Teladi
Embargoed is the word for the Teladi. Tired of the backstabbing and double-dealing both the Paranid and Argon, in a surprising moment of cooperation, placed embargoes and sanctions on the Teladi empire. In a show of solidarity, the Boron and Split quickly followed suit in support of their allies. In their terror the Teladi embarked on a redesign of their fleet, further increasing their defensive capabilities by tearing out the compatibility with other races weapons and sacrificing even more speed.

Rumors of dealing with the Yaki and pirates continue and some of the advanced Teladi armoring techniques have been found on pirate vessels recently. Furthermore, Pirate weapons appear to be compatible with many new designs and are even found deployed on military vessels.

Argon
The Argon have continued to succeed in their skirmishes and battles against the Paranid and Pirate forces. Thus they have seen no reason for making major changes to their armaments and have instead made small, but significant, advances in general shipbuilding capabilities. Transports have more space and combat ships have improved hull integrity.

While the Argon have also joined the Teladi embargo, independent smuggling appears to go on undeterred and older ship designs still maintain adapters for Teladi technology.

OTAS
As a part of the Argon, the OTAS corporation has fallen on hard times while obeying the Teladi embargo. On one side the OTAS have made advances in their universal mounts to allow for even more weapon compatibility, but the missile mounts, in particular, require much more space for this compatibility, effectively reducing the size of missile usable on ships. Thankfully, there have been advances in tuning the unique OTAS engines which allows a skilled mechanic of any race to coax even more power from them.

Boron
Unlike the other races, the continual war with the Split and alliance with the Argon has fueled a cultural and technological revolution among the Boron. This has made the growing of ships a high art form, subsidized heavily by the government. These new ship designs are not strong in and of themselves, but have been designed to maximize shielding and minimize the need to repair the hulls.

Unfortunately the Deeps Incident has also firmly entrenched the fear and loathing of plasma and incendiary weaponry among the populace and ships have been specifically designed to not use such weapons and focus upon the more 'peaceful' boron-developed ion weaponry instead.

Paranid
The understanding that their ships and military power was falling behind that of even the despised pirates left the Paranids no choice but to rethink ship design from the ground up. Relying upon their Split allies for weapons research, the Paranid designers focused on physics and missile technology with terrifying results. By retrofitting existing ship generators with a cyclic phasing resonance, Paranid scientists were able to create a multi-axis gyroscopic accelerator to massively increase turning rates at the cost of greatly reducing rolling capabilities. The greatest change, however, has been the retrofitting of enhanced missile launching points on almost every ship. This allows ships to launch missiles that would usually be found in larger or more specialized ships, an expensive trick that was shown to be quite decisive in the Ore Belt invasion.

On the downside, the Priest King has further vilified pirates and pirate weapons, leaving designers in a scramble to remove pirate weapon capabilities and use holy Paranid and acceptable Split technology as well. During this process the compatibility with Teladi weapons was also limited, but this is of no real concern as such weapons have been hard to come by after the embargo.

Split
As expected, the Split continue to blame the lack of a decisive victory over the Boron on a lack of speed and weaponry. To 'remedy' this problem the Split have began to sacrifice maneuvering thrust in addition to sacrificing even more shield strength and cargo space on their vessels. However, the improvements in speed and weapon power cannot be denied and a Split force can lay down withering barrages of firepower. Tactics for the Split have moved heavily towards strafing runs to empty their capacitors and guerilla tactics to wear down their more heavily shielded opponents.

Worsening relations with the Teladi have pushed the Split towards using their Paranid allies weapons over the cheaper Teladi alternatives. Surprisingly, the effectiveness of Boron ion technology against shields has also been noted and a few Split ships have been retrofitted to installed stolen or captured Boron weaponry to fight against the highly shielded Boron vessels.

Terrans
With the resounding success of the Solaris design, Terran scientists were quick to develop similar automated launch tube systems for larger ships. Early tests with the technology found these systems to be extremely effective at defending Terran space when coupled with the abundance of resupply outposts scattered through the solar system and the use of chaff anti-missile systems to cover for the loss of defensive turrets. However, these missile turrets are less armored than their standard laser counterparts and a slight loss of hull integrity has resulted.

ATF
The only change to the ATF fleet is minor upgrades in shield and laser generators from advances discovered by reverse engineering Boron and Split vessels, but at the cost of some cargo space. However, the ATF ships have always been far ahead of competitors in most respects and this is only now slowly changing with the recent major advances that other races have been making.

Pirates
The pirates remain dependent upon the advances of other races, but have refined their ability to salvage and use weapon systems in interesting combinations. With the increasingly close pirate relations to the embargoed Teladi, the self-developed pirate vessels have shown a distinct increase in protective capabilities to bring them in line with the more averagely shielded races but are still substandard overall.

Kha'ak (Pirates)
The old terrors are still absent after their hive destruction, but some pirates engineers have adapted lasertower cannon armaments to the existing ship designs for a unique, though weak, terror tactic. This refitting has required gutting all missile tubes and severely limiting cargo capacity to barely fit weapons, shields, and a handful of energy cells. Thankfully, there appears to be only a single patrol of these vessels in use at this time.

Yaki
Supply shortages and a series of devestating defeats against the enhanced Paranid fleets, have caused the proud Yaki to re-evaluate their fleet design completely. Instead of focusing on speed, the Yaki are experimenting with an inverted balance focusing on fighter craft survival. In essence, capital ships are generally faster with fighters being slow and heavily armored. In fact, most capital ships are faster than the fighters now! This means that fighters can no longer be picked off far from the dangers of the Yaki capital ships and this illogical method has thrown the entire Paranid military into shock.

As these designs are experimental, these new Yaki ships have excessively limited weapon mounts, with most weapons being standard pirate weaponry or Teladi in origin.

Xenon
It was quite a surprise when the newly altered Xenon C appeared in Boron space, the coupling of a heavy frigate with heavy missile capabilities devastated defending forces until reinforcements could come to assist. Outside this notable change, the Xenon appear to have integrated some new weapons into vessel design, but otherwise have remained the same and continue to wear down defenses with their never-ending waves of assaults.

Swarm Diversion System
Tired of carriers being money-sinks? Let the new swarm diversion micro manager control your fighters with rapid recovery and redeployment to minimize casualties! -7ate9tin11s
This extra ship advanced command constantly monitors owned fighter craft and will instantly dock them when they are taking too much damage. If the fighter remains or achieves fighting condition while docked (You define this when starting the command!) it will be released back into the fray. Note that this is somewhat processor intensive and I would not run it on a fleet of carriers :D

Ship Requirements: Transporter Device, Jumpdrive, Carrier Command Software, Remote System Control Software, and a docking bay.

Costs: Each time a fighter is diverted to the docking bay a small wormhole is used to perform the retrieval. This take 10 energy cells from the carrier and does 500 shield damage to the carrier (or less to none if the carrier shields are down...).

Note: Fighter status checks are dependent upon the carrier, if it is the players ship then it has the most rapid checks, if it is out of sector the checks are much slower. SDS is also so effective it may as well be a type of cheat to some ;)

Closing
As always, please mirror, update, and use these scripts however you wish. Have fun![/quote]
Last edited by 7ate9tin11s on Mon, 11. Apr 16, 18:29, edited 7 times in total.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 21:37

I think I see my weekend plans changing :)

I know they are both SPK packs, can you host them as zip versions?

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 22:34

Links updated with zip files instead of spks. Also here as well:

Advanced Start - https://mega.nz/#!vQZQwC4B!IlX_JWvbX8gv ... Q15-tHSCUM

Litcube's Unbalanced - https://mega.nz/#!KZoSgJLT!Fj19rHZXPtF_ ... 7ukXVIL0Mc

{Links fixed. - Terre}

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 22:42

Many thanks...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 22:59

7ate9tin11s wrote:Note that Egosoft forums do not like mega links because of the # sign, you will have to copy and paste the download links or use a mirror someone else provides below!
It's not the # sign which is problematic, but the exclamation mark. I replaced the ! with the respective percent code %21 within the links in your opening post. See also this FAQ article for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 23:01

Thanks!

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Thu, 7. Apr 16, 03:54

Update Unbalanced to fix minor shield issues with Boron Skate Prototype and Yaki Tenjin, plus a some turret weapon use issues. Links above also point to updated version now.

Litcube's Unbalanced - https://mega.nz/#%21iQR22ayB%215E-lG6hQ ... mJ_N7fO5A4

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Thu, 7. Apr 16, 11:03

I'll get some play testing done over the weekend and let you know how I've found it.

BTW Nice to see you around again :)

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sat, 9. Apr 16, 15:38

So far I've been having a blast with the randomness option it the start menu.

After choosing fighter as my profession and Terran as my aligned race, I then let the scripts to the rest and ended up with a Valhalla with 42 ships aboard 2x Logich 3 Vidar's and an Aegir.

Not bad thinks I until the combat range beep sounds and the Valhalla's guns start firing. Then all hell breaks loose and all ships scramble to protect it. Interworlds is not the friendliest place for a newly formed Terran fleet :) In my other LU play through's, the start is normally slightly more sedate :)

For anyone wanting to try this start option, you get 7 questions at the beginning of any new game and depending on your choices you can tailor the game to your own design. For those who don't like the early game grind, this is a great way to get back into LU.

So far I've only found one slight problem. Only the Light and Ultralight starts have no issues. The other 3, Medium, Advanced and Trader, all come with starting scouts. These are not warped to your starting sector and are left in Argon Prime. If your race relations are low the ships get destroyed.

All the starts I've tried so far give you at least 1 autonomous explorer who sets off the moment it is spawned. Each start only provides a handful of sectors around your current sector with Adv sats centered, the universe is still there to explore.

Happy wanderings.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 19:12

one issue I just had, is I managed to get a guardian to bail... it was loaded on a tug and when it got repaired. I noticed it off patrolling with the interceptor and fighter I also got.

I thought control scripts stopped once they bailed.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 21:14

Found it, likely due to the 'guard the destroyer' script falling through to the 'patrol the sector the destroyer died in' script when ownership changed. Added a race check between the calls to ensure the race has not changed before making the second call.

Will be in update b, probably tomorrow morning (Today is a bit busy!)

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 22:49

Cool.
glad to see the khaak back in some form.... so I can eventually complete my ship collection haha

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 11. Apr 16, 18:32

Updated versions released, for unbalanced do not replace your cat/dat files unless you want to restart (minor changes only in them).

Advanced Start - https://mega.nz/#%21acJ21QQZ%21zxQlBgIE ... ZUUzoIfdfk

Litcube's Unbalanced - https://mega.nz/#%21mdBVFC4J%21Cpj5cYkH ... bfMtEiUuQk

New to unbalanced (Can be used separately as well):

Swarm Diversion System
Tired of carriers being money-sinks? Let the new swarm diversion micro manager control your fighters with rapid recovery and redeployment to minimize casualties! -7ate9tin11s
This extra ship advanced command constantly monitors owned fighter craft and will instantly dock them when they are taking too much damage. If the fighter remains or achieves fighting condition while docked (You define this when starting the command!) it will be released back into the fray. Note that this is somewhat processor intensive and I would not run it on a fleet of carriers :D

Ship Requirements: Transporter Device, Jumpdrive, Carrier Command Software, Remote System Control Software, and a docking bay.

Costs: Each time a fighter is diverted to the docking bay a small wormhole is used to perform the retrieval. This take 10 energy cells from the carrier and does 500 shield damage to the carrier (or less to none if the carrier shields are down...).

Note: Fighter status checks are dependent upon the carrier, if it is the players ship then it has the most rapid checks, if it is out of sector the checks are much slower. SDS is also so effective it may as well be a type of cheat to some ;)

-----------------------------------------------

Disappearance warning: Dark Souls 3: 4 hours till unlock...will return to X3...eventually :twisted:

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 11. Apr 16, 22:19

Just a minor point, up to you :)

The part of my brain that processes English non-natively can't help but point out that to call this "Litcube's blah blah" where it's not "Litube's Universe..." is a bit incorrect, it seems to imply that this collection was made by or belongs to Litcube.

Consider replacing "Litcube's" in the thread name with "[X3LU]" and come up with a different name for the "unbalanced" pack.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 11. Apr 16, 22:32

Good point. Me bad english speaker, me understand that "'s" is a mark of ownership. Me smart panda.

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Fri, 22. Apr 16, 06:47

I've been toying with advanced start for maybe one hour using the following settings (hoping that maybe I could start the game with an atf m3) :
Fighter/Explorer
Terran
Noone really hate me
Little ship
No (regarding additional ships)
Random sector
Dirt poor

Until now the fighter start never game an m3. It was either a lone m4 or an m6 with an m5 and a ts.
The explorer start always gave me either an m3 or m4 but always with two m5.

I imagine that both the m6 and the additional ships aren't intended.
And if anyone knows of a combination of settings that would give me my m3 and nothing else I would be super happy (or I'll just throw the m5 into the nearest star).

Edit : Well, I had few lone m3 right after posting. Of course.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 22. Apr 16, 20:27

Possible glitch - Choosing this:

Fighter
Split
"Woe be me (friends are neutral)"
Huge ship
Additional ships
Split sector
Upgrade time (50 million credits)

landed me in Family Njy in command of a Xenon J and a bunch of Xenon ships. Is that intentional, or is it a bug?

Other than that I love this script! It's awesome! :D

Edit: Also, following the above "recipe" and choosing "Filthy rich (500 million credits)" will teleport you to a Split sector and show you a subtext that says "Advanced startup is applying racial settings" before the script apparently freezes and nothing more happens.

Edit 2: Picking the trader start in LU instead of the Ultralight start seems to fix the problem with the script freezing. As a sidenote one of the terran starts gave me a Kyoto, which made me a very happy camper. The universe will now learn to fear captain Zaitsev and his ship! :twisted: :fg:
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

cmdrdingo
xr

Post by cmdrdingo » Tue, 1. Nov 16, 17:59

I never ever comment, though I have thousands of hours in X Series, I only registered for the no-steam when I switched to LU. However, I have to comment here to say a huge massive thank you for advanced start. I am a chronic restarter and this script have made that insanely more fun and varied.

Now to try the unbalanced portion!

Vuffy
x4

Post by Vuffy » Sun, 5. Feb 17, 07:43

Can anyone share links to the updated version? The mega links have been removed.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Sun, 12. Feb 17, 09:42

I too, would like an updated link to Litcube's Unbalanced. The Mega link is dead.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”