Litcubes universe mod. what is your story so far in the game?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nick 031287
x3tc

Litcubes universe mod. what is your story so far in the game?

Post by Nick 031287 » Sun, 10. Apr 16, 23:48

So, i wanna hear what your stories are. what your progress is. and what you plan is to stop phanon and the OCV.

my story is the OCV is wreckling heavoc across the galaxy, they have broken through the omicron channel and is conquering sectors unchallanged.

i unfortunatly, am not ready to stop them. but i am increasingly growing, and my fleet is becoming more formiderble.

i have 2 complexes now. 1 is mainly for profits. the other is manufacturing weapons and missiles to arm my new ships up. as point singularity guns and shadow missiles are rare to find now.

i personally fly a Tyr, but the bulk of my fleet are 2 Kariudo frigates, and 2 chikyo frigates. my aim is to start building some solanos, there a sort of missile destroyer. hence why i making shadow missiles.

but my econemy is still too slow to make money, trying to do as many missions as i can to make quick cash. and board vulnerable capital ships when ever i find them easy to grab.

this is my current situation..... what is yours?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 12. Apr 16, 07:09

Hi, Nick.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Tue, 12. Apr 16, 09:21

Litcube wrote:Hi, Nick.
well hello there ;)

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 12. Apr 16, 10:51

Hi Nick,

do you have a TL yet?

If not get one and start doing factory drop missions asap. This has a 2 fold effect.

1. Gives your huge trading fleet (you do have a huge trading fleet?) more stations to service meaning more profits.

2. By building more station per sector you will slow the OCV down a bit as they take longer to overrun.

I've tried a limited trading play through before and it was a disaster. By the time I had trained up enough marines to board M6/M7 ships the OCV had broken free of the omicron channel and were starting to spread.

Once they got to Scale plate green I only had 2 M2's and about 20 M6 with 5 M7, barely enough to hit Phanom Corp and no where near enough to stop the OCV even with race help.

This time I've studied real hard and watched all the play through's by Dizzy/memeics. I have a good foothold and my fleet is growing well, supported by a growing trading and mining industry.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Tue, 12. Apr 16, 20:51

OneOfMany wrote:Hi Nick,

do you have a TL yet?

If not get one and start doing factory drop missions asap. This has a 2 fold effect.

1. Gives your huge trading fleet (you do have a huge trading fleet?) more stations to service meaning more profits.

2. By building more station per sector you will slow the OCV down a bit as they take longer to overrun.

I've tried a limited trading play through before and it was a disaster. By the time I had trained up enough marines to board M6/M7 ships the OCV had broken free of the omicron channel and were starting to spread.

Once they got to Scale plate green I only had 2 M2's and about 20 M6 with 5 M7, barely enough to hit Phanom Corp and no where near enough to stop the OCV even with race help.

This time I've studied real hard and watched all the play through's by Dizzy/memeics. I have a good foothold and my fleet is growing well, supported by a growing trading and mining industry.
i do have a TL, a tepukei. i dont have a trade fleet, my uni traders refuse to work...... for some reason.

jeeze how you let the ocv get to scale plate green? lol youy just seta over night? i have 2 M2s, 4 frigates, ocv has spread to njys reception, was kinda hoping to use the albion sectors as my primary sectors as there empty and pirate owned but there too close now :(

anyways you got steam can i add you?

p.s by the way what is the best ships for uni trading?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 12. Apr 16, 23:48

Nick 031287 wrote:p.s by the way what is the best ships for uni trading?
My best bet is the Caiman Advanced, as speed is usually more important than cargo space and the Caiman Advanced is the fastest TS there is. Another alternative is the Vulture Advanced, as it is just a hair slower and packs an extra 25 MJ shield. Also, if your UTs won't trade then try to move them to another sector. They have limited range until they gain more experience, and won't be truly "universal" until they are close to max level.

PS: You did remember to train those UTs, right? :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Tue, 12. Apr 16, 23:49

Zaitsev wrote:
Nick 031287 wrote:p.s by the way what is the best ships for uni trading?
My best bet is the Caiman Advanced, as speed is usually more important than cargo space and the Caiman Advanced is the fastest TS there is. Another alternative is the Vulture Advanced, as it is just a hair slower and packs an extra 25 MJ shield. Also, if your UTs won't trade then try to move them to another sector. They have limited range until they gain more experience, and won't be truly "universal" until they are close to max level.

PS: You did remember to train those UTs, right? :p
its level 10, but it just sits in a station lol

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 13. Apr 16, 00:19

Nick 031287 wrote:its level 10, but it just sits in a station lol
Check to see if the cargo is full, if so:
  1. order it to Idle
  2. dump the goods that are filling its cargo (like cajoonas or some such)
  3. re-issue UT order
PS: I've stopped ordering my STs to UT when they are below level 14 or so, before that level they are pretty dumb and get stuck easily so I let them grow a bit more.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”