Moving Headquarters

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joelnh
x3tc

Moving Headquarters

Post by Joelnh » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 13:16

I was considering moving my Headquarters to a better sector.
will it reset if I do so?
i.e. lose all blueprints and inventory

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 14:21

You won't lose your blueprints. They are linked to your game, not to your HQ. All the wares you have in your HQ will be destroyed though.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 20:14

By "move" I assume you mean auction/destroy it and then deploy another one?

In LU you will lose any licensed software (which can be pretty
significant), this is valid when auctioning/destroying any dock. Obviously you need to move the wares stocked on it too. All homebased ships will need to be re-homebased. Courier rules using it as a point to drop/load/etc will need to be updated. Similarly the Dockware Manager settings of docks that defined the HQ as a source for for their goods will need to be updated.

True you won't lose the blueprints but you won't be able to see/access them until you deploy your new HQ.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 20:23

I was thinking pickup and redeploy. Sounds like it would be easier to just buy another HQ, as long as that won't cause issues.

Thank you for the answers.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 21:14

Having multiple HQ's can cause issues with your blueprints. I've never done it, but I've read on these forums (don't recall where) that only the most recent HQ will get new blueprints, leaving all the previous ones in the original HQ. You might want to check further before doing this.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Thu, 21. Apr 16, 01:37

Joubarbe wrote:You won't lose your blueprints. They are linked to your game, not to your HQ. All the wares you have in your HQ will be destroyed though.
Are you sure about that? I don't know for LU but I am pretty sure in vanilla the blueprints are bound to the station itself.
Nanook wrote:Having multiple HQ's can cause issues with your blueprints. I've never done it, but I've read on these forums (don't recall where) that only the most recent HQ will get new blueprints, leaving all the previous ones in the original HQ. You might want to check further before doing this.
Adding blueprints via scripts will only add it to the most recently constructed HQ. Reverse Engineering ships via the normal in game method will still work as expected though and add it to the station where it was reverse engineered.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 21. Apr 16, 21:56

jack775544 wrote:...
Adding blueprints via scripts will only add it to the most recently constructed HQ. Reverse Engineering ships via the normal in game method will still work as expected though and add it to the station where it was reverse engineered.
I think that's dependent on which game the OP is playing, TC or AP. I'm pretty sure that TC had the issue I described although it may have been fixed for AP.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Grid
xr

Post by Grid » Sun, 24. Apr 16, 22:05

Huillam
x4

Post by Huillam » Sun, 24. Apr 16, 22:28

Nanook wrote:Having multiple HQ's can cause issues with your blueprints. I've never done it, but I've read on these forums (don't recall where) that only the most recent HQ will get new blueprints, leaving all the previous ones in the original HQ. You might want to check further before doing this.
It happened to me in my previous LU playthrough.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”