X3AP: trouble with indestructible pirate base

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MCOD
x3tc

X3AP: trouble with indestructible pirate base

Post by MCOD » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 15:16

Hi
On my game, there is a indestructible pirate base (stuck at 93% hull) at Bala Gi's Joy, that base is really annoying to my freighters and because i'm using Improved Races mod (with plot protection activated), currently I dont have a Destroyer available just to patrol that sector.

I tried everything to destroy it, even fire tons of hammer heavy torpedoes with my M7M. I have watched a whole military Boron fleet trying to do so without success. So my only solution is to deploy a lot of laser towers in that sector gates.

But, is there a different way to destroy that station like on the script editor or is the station protected by plot armor?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 17:14

Whether through plot or a bug, there is nothing you can do in a vanilla game to resolve or destroy it. However, since you are already modded, the Cheats Script's 'remove object' function may well help you. Let's hope that doesn't break a plot or mission requirement though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 20. Apr 16, 20:39

A pirate base in Bala Gi's Joy is not a standard occurrence, although one can spawn there after some other pirate base gets destroyed elsewhere. So, either that's a randomly spawned PB that's inadvertently had its indestructability flag set, or it's a plot station.

Generally, pirate bases that are spawned specifically for a plot will have nothing on them, so check and see if it's got stocks of wares and equipment. If it does, it's a random spawn gone awry, and can probably be removed via the cheat script. If it's completely empty except for an NPC or two, it's a plot station and shouldn't be destroyed until the associated plot is finished.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”