Damage to My Station - What effect? Repair?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Damage to My Station - What effect? Repair?

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 23. Apr 16, 01:03

Occasionally my station gets hull damage. Does anyone know what effect this has on production? Is there a delay exactly proportional to the damage?

I've gotten the white lightbulb repair offer sometimes. Has anyone tried to repair the damage with standard astronaut repair? I imagine that would take a long time.

Thanks.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 23. Apr 16, 01:46

As far as I'm aware, in X3 (R, TC and AP) damage to stations doesn't affect production. I don't remember trying station repairs in the EVA suit (I have a vague memory of trying it and it not working, but I'm not sure it's a genuine memory), but if it does work then yes, it would take a while - the repair laser repairs a certain fixed number of hullpoints per unit time, so the larger the "patient" the longer it takes - so an M5 can be patched up from almost dead all the way to full in seconds, TSs and similar take minutes, and capital ships take a long time.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sat, 23. Apr 16, 02:04

I've repaired my stations with the space suit laser before, so it does work, if you have the patience.

I don't do that anymore since I've discovered Marine Repairs... works wonders. 8)
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sat, 23. Apr 16, 05:31

If you have a damaged station, the lightbulb icon in a nearby sector will reveal a "repair station" mission - where you can have your station repaired for a price.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 23. Apr 16, 10:41

Allan F wrote:If you have a damaged station, the lightbulb icon in a nearby sector will reveal a "repair station" mission - where you can have your station repaired for a price.
This mission is only implemented in X3AP though, and will only show up when the station has a hull damage of at least 5 % (iirc).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”