X3AP HQ Sub Plot

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Joe McCracken
x3tc

X3AP HQ Sub Plot

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 3. May 16, 20:36

So.....

I've went through the plot just fine up until the last mission to wipe out the Pirates in Wasteland.

What I've encountered is that I've wiped the Pirate base out and blew it to space dust with my Split M8. I mean it is gone now. Along with all the Pirates that were flying around.

Then I got the message from the Teladi to meet him back at NMMC HQ. Thought things were good, like all the other times I've done this plot. So I go there and there is no Blue Icon.... and the Mission direction is still in Wastelands.

I can't for the life of me find this guy, and there is not a single Pirate left in Wastelands...

Has anyone run into this before? :?
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 3. May 16, 23:18

Hmmm, sounds like a bugged plot :( Did you blow away the station using the so-called "orphan missiles" approach? If so, I wonder whether that may have caused problems (although by your account, the mission DID register progress after you... pacified that base - also, I once had a case where I left that station for later, as I didn't have the hardware to take it out in a non-tedious way, and it got taken out presumably by Argon forces, and the mission continued for me, so it seems that the mission doesn't really care WHO kills that base, as long as it happens...)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Wed, 4. May 16, 01:27

Yeah, my impression is it's bugged.

Just hoping to find a work around... if it's possible.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”