[Help] me create my player ship.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

oHmY

[Help] me create my player ship.

Post by oHmY » Sat, 14. May 16, 19:34

I'm not very mod/script savvy. All I'm trying to do is modify a single Split Viper into my player ship. I've played with X3 editor 2 and understand how to play around with stats in Tships, but I don't want to modify all vipers. I'd either like to modify one that I've purchased or be able to spawn it as an ownerless ship somewhere.

An alternative would be some sort of a Kha'ak Corvette fix. 'Chris Rock: nigga this thing is spinning awww look at that sh*t spinnin... itself to death on the station its undocking from 80% of the time.'
ΩI
"A-T-F... Muh Jolnir" - X3 Computer Lady. LOL

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 14. May 16, 20:18

X3 Editor 2 allows you to copy a ship from TShips to the end of the file. You can then modify this entry as your personal ship as you like without changing all other Vipers.
When you are in the game, you can either spawn it via Cycrow's cheat package, or add it to shipyards, or write a script which will spawn it as an ownerless ship somewhere.

oHmY

Post by oHmY » Sat, 14. May 16, 20:39

Thank you very much.
ΩI

oHmY

Post by oHmY » Sun, 15. May 16, 03:56

So I have figured out the basics and am mostly comfortable with the process of making my ship. I have, however, run into a couple issues that I could use further help with.

What I want:

An M6 that looks like the m8 viper which can mount and fire ISRs.

What I've tried:

I have pasted to end the Acinonyx as a guideline and altered the stats and model and have succeeded in creating everything I described in my 'want section' with one exception. The ISRs will not fire. I am not sure if this is because the M8 scene doesn't have weapon mounts or just what. I do know that opening the appropriate scene file with a text editor yielded a wall of text I don't think I should play with until I learn more.

Does anyone have a clue here as to something simple a total novice overlooked? Is there maybe an explanation with a source I could get to learn what I need to make this ship work? Further help would be appreciated.
ΩI

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”