XTM becomes slower and slower

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

seppl
x3tc

XTM becomes slower and slower

Post by seppl » Fri, 20. May 16, 19:31

Hello to all,

I have the following problem with the X-tended-Mod (version 2.2a). It is installed on a vanilla X-TC without any additionals scripts, in the latest version.
My 15-ingame-day-old game runs at approx. 10 frames per second, even in empty sectors.
If I start a new game on the same hardware with the same configuration it runs absolutely flawless even in sectors with high traffic and many stations.
Has somebody a hint how I can get the 15-ingame-days-old game to the speed it had when it has been started?
[Signatur hat heute frei]

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 20. May 16, 20:51

Yes, I ran into this in both of my 2 XTM games I played and both times after about 10 days gametime. In an empty sector FPS went from 500 in a new game to about 15 later on.

I reported it on the original XTM thread and I've seen others report the same. The only suggestion made at the time was to use the AL configuration to disable the civilian ships which should reduce ship traffic that should improve performance. Try it?
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 20. May 16, 21:09

it sounds more like an issue with dead scriptloops running or remaining in the background. I don't know how one could fix those.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Fri, 20. May 16, 21:21

There is also an issue with some Vanilla mission directors, that may be related to an underlying issue with the MD system. Which of course may also be a problem with XTM. Some background http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=386039

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 21. May 16, 12:19

Wow... ok, seems like this would be worth a try @OP. Idk how it will affect plots and custom modded missions, so make a backup just in case (though what's the worst that could happen? 10fps is unplayable anyway)
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

seppl
x3tc

XTM becomes slower....

Post by seppl » Sat, 21. May 16, 17:17

Hello and thanks for the hints.
I tried to disable the civil ships, but without any success. :( Furthermore I disabled almost anything in the options, but no noteable result.
As mentioned by Killjaeden I also think the problem is script-related (some plots stopped proceeding without any reason, but that was a long ig-time ago). But as you wrote it seems there's no possibility to reset the endless-loop-scripts. :(

10fps is not unplayable, but as soon as I get attacket the framerate drops down to almost nothing. A single M5 attacking (it's shoots) make the game a picture-by-picture-show.

seppl
x3tc

Solved: XTM becomes slower

Post by seppl » Sat, 21. May 16, 17:39

I got a hint in the German forum:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=390035
The mentioned link and the corresponding XML-File which needs to be copied into the "director"-directory solved the problem.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 21. May 16, 21:38

Could you post the link and a translation of what is that about? This seems generally useful for XTM players.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Sat, 21. May 16, 21:55

RoverTX linked the same Thread as we did in the German forum, we only translated it's contents into German, so there is no point in retranslating. :roll:
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”