[X3LU] Soundtrack advice - new start

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

technocr8
x3ap

[X3LU] Soundtrack advice - new start

Post by technocr8 » Sun, 22. May 16, 03:03

Hi there.. I'm about to start anew in the Litcube Universe (played XRM couple years ago).

I was wondering if anyone could recommend additional combat tracks and replacements for the music sectors that are repeats. I understand why not all the music is available as part of the soundtrack, but if anyone has the list of music from the beta (or just whatever you use) I would greatly appreciate a copy so I can legally source those tracks or find similar songs from my own collection.

was kind of hoping to get this sorted before I start as mucking around with this stuff while I'm playing will likely break my immersion.

Thank you very much :)

Niko_Espeon
x4

Post by Niko_Espeon » Sun, 22. May 16, 07:18

I just use combat/sector tracks from other popular X3 mods to keep immersion from being broken. Also some sector tracks use obvious combat music tracks, so swap those out as well and fill them in with w/e you want. :P

technocr8
x3ap

Post by technocr8 » Sun, 22. May 16, 13:39

excellent advice.. thanks!

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 22. May 16, 20:59

I have made a change to LU's combat music tracks here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=387201

LU uses only 5 of X3:AP's 12 combat soundtracks - the other 7 are used as sector background music. This is quite boring, so I restored all 12 of them - you will hear them mostly. I also added two combat tracks from older X games.

technocr8
x3ap

Post by technocr8 » Mon, 23. May 16, 02:14

awesome.. saves me the work! appreciate the heads up on star wars samples too!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”