X3AP collecting unique ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrFiction
x3ap

X3AP collecting unique ships

Post by MrFiction » Fri, 3. Jun 16, 12:01

Trying to get all available ships reverse engineered. I'm wondering if there are any unique or otherwise hard to obtain unique ships in the game. So far I can only think about the plot reward ships (already have most) and the Aran. if I spot it and don't cap it, is it gone forever? Or will Arans spawn until I actually capture one? Any more ships that can be obtained only once and/or are easily missable?

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 3. Jun 16, 12:06

Check the wiki: http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/List_of ... lude_Ships for a complete list.

As far as the Aran, you can find one until you capture it
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 3. Jun 16, 13:15

It should be noted that that list does not include unpurchasable ships that have been in the game since TC, such as the Hyperion. It also doesn't include the Drone Hauler M4 fighters of each race, also unpurchasable.

In AP, Arans will continue to spawn in UFJD sectors until you capture one. Then, that's it. There will be no more Arans, unless you Reverse Engineer it. Think carefully whether you want to RE it or not. Changing your mind later could be expensive or time consuming.

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Fri, 3. Jun 16, 13:46

Ships like the Hyperion can be boarded so that's not really a problem, I'm more concerned about ships that spawn only once, like the Enhanced Dolphin during the TC hub plot. So far, I haven't found (or missed) any ships in AP that would be impossible to acquire later on. But that might be a lack of game knowledge on my part.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 3. Jun 16, 14:00

TC has considerably more unique ships than AP (largely thanks to the Corp "plots" and also other plots), while AP has more "production models", so there's less to collect in the latter. In AP, iIrc the greatest number of different ships I've had listed in my encyclopaedia was 312 - this was probably in a Terran start, as in CW starts you never even see the X-Shuttle, and I can't, off the top of my head, remember any ships seen in a CW game that aren't accessible in Terran games.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”