CAG not selling product

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

firefightervf06
x3tc

CAG not selling product

Post by firefightervf06 » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 05:44

I've been using CAG's on a couple of my facilities and once I finally got the hang of them they work great. I built a missile factory and it kept buying resources and buying until the factory was at the resource limit. Well now its completely full of missiles and the CAG will not load them. I've reset the home base, reset to the default trader and tried that, then put my own settings back in, I have it on blacklist and no products are listed, have it set to keep 500 e-cells in cargo and even jacked up the jump limit to 50 with a (1) jump minimum. Any ideas??? the price is set to average for my missiles and it says they can be sold 4 sectors away but nothing!

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 05:48

Finally just realized what's going on. I picked the wrong missile factory. The CAG isn't selling it because I've only found one place that "trades" them so far. So the CAG can't sell them because the place is always full. So that's my problem. Maybe this will help someone else who finds their CAG won't sell.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 07:05

You'll have a hard time selling missiles and lasers with CAG. Mosquitoes are are the only one you'll find at every EqD and Tomahawks are the only one at every military outpost/base. In most cases you have to manually sell them to places that don't stock them.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 07:39

What Highway said.

As a solution to the immediate problem I recommend parking a big wrecked freighter (I'm sure you know where to find one of those :pirat: ) at a nearby EqD and sticking an apprentice CLS pilot in something like an M4, set up to buy the missiles from your factory and stuff them in the freighter. He'll siphon credits from your personal account into the factory to keep it running as well as pulling out product so it doesn't get constipated. Then whenever it crosses your mind that you need credits just flush the freighter into the EqD manually. As a bonus your M4 CLS will pop out a fully trained pilot every twelve hours.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 10:44

CLS can autosell any equipment(laser,shields,missiles) at the Terra Corp HQ(and only there).
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 13:32

My immediate problem is that I have no place to take them. Only one eqd I've found so far sells them. I mistakingly bought this factory. Now I'm gonna have to go look for places that'll carry it. I've used the encyclopedia but it only shows the one so far also that I've discovered.

And I forgot how you can sell stuff at Terracorp HQ. Thanks!

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 13:55

Weapons are funny, in that all EQ docks buy all of them, but only if you do it manually.
If you have some in your cargo hold, then they show up at the EQ dock as an empty stock (they are for sale/buy, but none in stock). As soon as you sold all of them, that stock disappears.

This way you can still get rid of salvaged missiles that aren't available anywhere, like Disruptors
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Mon, 6. Jun 16, 23:46

Wow, that's awesome. I cant believe I hadn't figured that out yet. Thanks a lot that definitely helps. Now that station isn't a total waste I guess. Ill just let it fill up and manually send a ship over etc. Plus it's about 2 minutes of flying game time haha to Terracorp HQ.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Tue, 7. Jun 16, 00:45

Sirrobert wrote:Weapons are funny, in that all EQ docks buy all of them, but only if you do it manually.
All Commonwealth EQ docks, AFAIK, but many Terran docks don't buy Commonwealth guns/missiles (IIRC, ODS in Mars does, as does Saturn Research, most or all of the Terran Military Bases, Neptune ODS, some OPBs - probably one or two more that I've forgotten.)

Docks that will buy items that they don't actually stock are, in fact, extremely useful, as they allow unlimited sales, because they don't fill up on stuff sold to them - it is simply sunk and disappears, allowing for more to be sold.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”